Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Cool Water vs Current

Within the last year, I bought my 2nd bottle of Cool Water. My first was back when it it the market. I don't know if my nose has changed but I remember the scent being stronger with a lot more projection. One of the notes was strong enough that it kind of tickled my nose (maybe I was allergic to it). My current bottle is much light without the stong projection the old one had. It also smells a bit different. They both are similar still but different. I miss the strength and projection BUT I honestly think this current formulation smells better. Out of my collection, it is in the top 5.

I am sure it has been reformulated probably many times. Anyone here notice the same thing?

Default Re: Vintage Cool Water vs Current

More than likely, it has be reformulated. These days, a lot is.

Have never noticed any difference in past and present releases.

All frangrances are being destroyed for political correctness (Z-14, Polo...) The industry worships being politically correct.

Most consider Cool Water to be reformulated..myself included. I used to wear it exclusively from around 93-98 or so and loved it. Now it doesn't seem as good. From the posting here you can tell the formulas by the print on the bottle with the old gold script Davidoff as older and the newer version being with block print DAVIDOFF.

Funny that this thread popped up. I just received a bottle with the script version from an ebay seller today. We will see if I notice anything.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

A better version of GIT

Utterly dismal scent.
    As if it was made from what somebody found in the cleaning products cupboard and mixed it with something from the kitchen.
    I will never get the popularity of this scent if I live to be a hundred years old.

I found the new version to be muddled/fuzzy and heavier. It's not distinct at this point but because I don't like the original, due to what I perceive to be a jarring note clash, I'd likely wear the new one over the old one, if those were my only two choice. I have small bottles of both so I intend to keep sampling to see if my opinion changes. It's similar to how Grey Flannel was most recently reformulated, IMO.

I think Truefitt & Hill Freshman is closer to the vintage Cool Water than the modern Cool Water.

It's definitely weaker in terms of projection, I still get the 8-10 hours of longevity, but that initial bright green opening fades about 2 hours in. You use to easily smell cool water from a comfortable distance of a wearer, but now not so much so. Still a good nostalgic fragrance though.

Ive heard across the forum people saying the first formulation was
    very simillar to GIT.

Quote Originally Posted by fraghead93 View Post
    Ive heard across the forum people saying the first formulation was
    very simillar to GIT.
    I heard that too but imo it is the opposite. Current formulation smells closer to GIT.