how to check if item is authentic??
    does this look legit?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

Default Re: buying allure homme sport from ebay

Just from the box it looks fine to me.

is there any way i can check for sure?

Not just from that pic. The seller's feedback at 100% is a good sign though, and you are protected, so it's up to you.

if i get a fake bottle is it gonna be alot of trouble to get my money back?

They don't have much feedback and people can use fake images. Fake chanel boxes are reportedly identical to the real ones. Paypal always sides with the buyer and will often screw over a legitimate seller, they just don't care.

For them it is important that buyers trust their service and use it, the sellers have no choice in the matter. They either use paypal and sell or they just don't do business.

see this video, the boxes are excellent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3zK4u-l0Q

so you think its safe to buy?

go for it, if it is fake then take it up with paypal and claim counterfeit goods, don't think you need to ship it back in that case.

do you guys know another place that i can get this fragrance from that will ship to israel for less than 75 dollars?

don't they sell this in a department stores in israel?

i didn't get my license yet so i can't go look for a fragrance.. if i knew where they sold it atleast i would've asked my parents to take me but i have no idea and probably its gonna cost more here.. easiest way is to buy online

the seller is kinda fishy, currently selling 2 bottles of allure homme sport for 40% retail (2 already sold) with another 2 in auction for $10. New account (with name geared towards selling stuff, not personal account).

I personally wouldn't bother. To me it shows that shipping is $20.99 so total would be $55 not $75. Try it in a department store (is there no public transport in Israel?) and if you like it, buy it. Might be pricy though.

If I was to buy from him, id be expecting to get a fake.

I just put a 100% authentic bottle on eBay. I bought it at Macy's in December. Seller handle is herdalum89.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbivore View Post
    the seller is kinda fishy, currently selling 2 bottles of allure homme sport for 40% retail (2 already sold) with another 2 in auction for $10. New account (with name geared towards selling stuff, not personal account).

I personally wouldn't bother. To me it shows that shipping is $20.99 so total would be $55 not $75. Try it in a department store (is there no public transport in Israel?) and if you like it, buy it. Might be pricy though.

If I was to buy from him, id be expecting to get a fake.
    I would agree with this.

I strongly urge to buy from known source - but if you do pull the trigger, you should check some of the fakes videos / reviews so you know what to look for. But I would pass on that one. Did you try the Chanel website?

Item is sold out, so we will probably find out if the item is authentic or not very soon.

Get ready to file a PayPal dispute. There's a ton of these faked on Ebay and this looks like a prime example.

ChuckW may i have your skype or facebook?

Banned

Why risk buying a fake one and lose brain cells over it for a few days when you can spend 10-20 dollars more and buy original?

where do i buy the original??

Banned

There is this one site called basenotes. they sell new and used original fragrances there.
    You can start a thread and ask if anyone is willing to sell you one. You ll be surprised.
    http://www.basenotes.net/forums/31-Fragrances-Wanted

or you can make offers to these people.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/366...ghlight=allure

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/292...ghlight=allure

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/337...ghlight=allure

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...ghlight=allure

I'm new to this forum. But on browsing before registering this thread caught my eye.
    I brought exactly the same frag from eBay a couple of years ago. But would add not from this seller.
    The one I received, which I paid £37 (appr $55) for 100ml so wasn't overly dubious of as it wasnt a too good to be true price if you know what I mean. But it was fake, and as I had a small amount left I could compare. But I could tell straight away. Usual signs - Quality and longevity of smell, poor bottle and print.
    As for getting money back. Now this was a small problem as the seller had good feedback 98%+ and they were adamant that it was genuine. What I decided to do is go to a local Debenhams (uk Department store) and asked them to give me a hand written letter saying that that it wasn't genuine. But they refused as I hadn't brought it from an authorised Chanel seller. But they did agree to give me the phone number of their Chanel supplier.
    Anyway to start with the supplier refused. But after I explained that I'm trying to stop your fake fragrances being sold on Ebay she agreed in exchange for their username and if I posted the bottle to them to check out she would be willing to write me a letter saying that the item was fake, pending that it actually was of course. I would need this letter as evidence to get a refund through EBay.
    Anyway about a week bd a half later I got the letter, and a week or so later I got a refund.

Nowadays I wouldn't touch certain brands on EBay Chanel being one of them. Unless you know who you are buying from.
    Just my experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    Why risk buying a fake one and lose brain cells over it for a few days when you can spend 10-20 dollars more and buy original?
    Agree with this.
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Puds1970 View Post
    I'm new to this forum. But on browsing before registering this thread caught my eye.
    I brought exactly the same frag from eBay a couple of years ago. But would add not from this seller.
    The one I received, which I paid £37 (appr $55) for 100ml so wasn't overly dubious of as it wasnt a too good to be true price if you know what I mean. But it was fake, and as I had a small amount left I could compare. But I could tell straight away. Usual signs - Quality and longevity of smell, poor bottle and print.
    As for getting money back. Now this was a small problem as the seller had good feedback 98%+ and they were adamant that it was genuine. What I decided to do is go to a local Debenhams (uk Department store) and asked them to give me a hand written letter saying that that it wasn't genuine. But they refused as I hadn't brought it from an authorised Chanel seller. But they did agree to give me the phone number of their Chanel supplier.
    Anyway to start with the supplier refused. But after I explained that I'm trying to stop your fake fragrances being sold on Ebay she agreed in exchange for their username and if I posted the bottle to them to check out she would be willing to write me a letter saying that the item was fake, pending that it actually was of course. I would need this letter as evidence to get a refund through EBay.
    Anyway about a week bd a half later I got the letter, and a week or so later I got a refund.

Nowadays I wouldn't touch certain brands on EBay Chanel being one of them. Unless you know who you are buying from.
    Just my experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree with this.
    See above.

Take this to the grave.

Don'y buy cheap new Chanel scents on ebay unless you have some real evidence that the seller is legit (that doesn't just mean he has 40 people giving 100% positive feedback)
    Ebay do not care if someone is selling fakes.

I'd be very careful with that. There's a ton of fakes out there, especially Chanel's. There is no way to tell if it's fake or not until you receive it, spray it, and smell it. And even then you might get fooled for a few minutes.

Totally fake. Please dont tell me you bought that because of hednics terrible opinion.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Actually I only just looked at the photo.
    It is indeed a fake.
    Anyone selling a new Chanel 4oz for that kind of money with only 4 previous sales is dealing in counterfeits.

didn't buy it

Whatever you purchase on EBay, If your not satisfied with it you can always get your money back as long as you contact seller stating what the problem is. If there not willing to work with you which most of them will you can open a case in the resolution center and 9 times out of 10 the buyer will win.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bronx1924 View Post
    Whatever you purchase on EBay, If your not satisfied with it you can always get your money back as long as you contact seller stating what the problem is. If there not willing to work with you which most of them will you can open a case in the resolution center and 9 times out of 10 the buyer will win.
    Yea, after trying to find a department store employee who would be willing to authenticate it. If you cant, you re out of luck. The scumbag seller who sold you the item keeps your money. is it worth the headache to save 10 or 20 or even 30 dollars? absolutely not.

Here's another fake. This seller actually admits that it's fake and is still trying to sell it. What goes through people's brains? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chanel-Allur...item48552068f7

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Here's another fake. This seller actually admits that it's fake and is still trying to sell it. What goes through people's brains? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chanel-Allur...item48552068f7
    He is hoping that a moron would buy it without reading it just so he could use it against him when he realizes

I would only buy Chanel directly, no ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    He is hoping that a moron would buy it without reading it just so he could use it against him when he realizes
    Yeah, just the fact that he admits it's a fake makes the whole auction a moot point. I guess he feel's since he bought a fake that someone's not going to mind giving him some of his money back and being content with a counterfeit product. He would be better off taking a jar around begging for money.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Yep, its sold!

Sold to a moron!

Personally I'd never buy Chanels from ebay especially at drastically reduced prices. Always from Macys or Chanel stores directly.