Code of Conduct

Default Cafe Noir dilemma

Hi to all....

I'm considering purchasing Ava Luxe's Cafe Noir, as i love coffee scents, however im an unsure as to whether to purchase the EdP, parfum extrait or perfume oil ??? Im assuming that the extrait and oil are the stronger of the three. Does anyone know if the extrait comes in a spray form? Which form is superior & best bang-for-buck ?

The prices are as follows:
    15ml EdP - $30
    5ml oil - $25
    5ml extrait - $27

Any help would be much appreciated!

Default Re: Cafe Noir dilemma

I'm also interested to know. I've been wanting to get Cafe Noir but wasn't sure which one to pick.

I have the EDP and it is... interesting. There is a definite initial coffee blast but to my nose, there is an overpowering curry smell, which I find quite unpleasant. Definitely sample before buying.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Polo Crest
    2) Chypre Palatin
    3) 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    4) One Man Show Gold Edition
    5) Kouros (Vintage)
    6) Mamluk
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    8) Interlude Man
    9) More than Words
    10) Ungaro II (Vintage)

Haven't tried the oil or extract but the EDP has amazing sillage and longevity on me so I see no point of paying more for the other 2 formats. Btw, in general oil and extract usually has weaker sillage than EDP due to the lack of alcohol
    Last edited by jasonx; 12th May 2013 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    Haven't tried the oil or extract but the EDP has amazing sillage and longevity on me so I see no point of paying more for the other 2 formats. Btw, in general oil and extract usually has weaker sillage than EDP due to the lack of alcohol
    Extremely accurate and true.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scentinel View Post
    I have the EDP and it is... interesting. There is a definite initial coffee blast but to my nose, there is an overpowering curry smell, which I find quite unpleasant. Definitely sample before buying.
    Overpowering curry smell! Oh dear, that does not sound good - anyone else get this as well ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    Thanks for this, it has helped steer my decision...it's just the potential of smelling like curry, as The_Scentinel has mentioned, which has me concerned