Code of Conduct

Question Going to Paris-- Exclusive/Rare Perfumes to Try?

Hi everyone! I have been collecting perfume since 2009 but I've always been too shy to say something, but I've decided to change that! So this is my first post

I'm making a trip to Paris this weekend! I would love to go perfume shopping, particularly for things that can't be easily found outside of Paris.

I'm lucky that I live somewhere where I have great access to a lot of rare and interesting perfumes to try, so I'm particularly looking for suggestions for brands that are unique to Paris or not widely distributed!

I think my first stop is Serge Lutens for the non-export collection Any more suggestions?

Also I've started a blog (www.perfumedaring.com -- I hope it's okay to include this link, I read the rules and it wasn't mentioned) and I will be reviewing and comparing perfumes, in my own amateur way. So if anyone has a fragrance they are curious about I would LOVE to take requests to go try things out and review and report back!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, and I can't wait to become a more active member of the perfumista community and make some new friends <3

-JJ

Default Re: Going to Paris-- Exclusive/Rare Perfumes to Try?

Sounds great! Welcome onboard! Do visit the Caron Boutique on Ave. Montaigne and Guerlain is always worth a visit! Enjoy!

I wanted to go there during my last stay in Paris but I missed it: Hayari Paris and Parfums et Senteurs de Pays Basque.
    Our greatest evils flow from ourselves. – Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Welcome!

Paris is the best place in the world for perfumes, so the problem is how to manage the limited smelling ability of one's nose. I was there last week and had a lot of fun.

There were a couple of threads in the past, so if you do a search you may find additional suggestions there. You know already about Serge Lutens exclusives, a must for all. (A few doors up is the store by Parfums de Rosine, also worth checking). Another Paris only fun place is $$$$ JAR (the $$$$ is not part of the name, technically), in rue Castiglione near Place Vendome. Striking perfumes, and striking smelling experience (search here on BN for what it is about). You will need to leave there several EUR100 bills if you want to leave the store with something, though.

You live in France, most niche brands are available around the country, so it's hard to know what else is in Paris only. Perhaps two that are worth checking because relatively difficult to find are quirky Etat Libre d'Orange (Marais rue des Archives), and Parfums de Nicolai (a few stores, the main one near Hugo, but a smaller one also near the Lutens store).

For smelling experiences, I'd also recommend you check the Osmotheque in Versailles. They organize lectures where you get to smell past perfume masterpieces. If you have enough time and one is scheduled for when you're there, you should sign up. (Be aware that they are however often cancelled if not enough people show up). Mine last week was cancelled,but they were kind enough to give me the smelling strips with said masterpieces.

cacio

Parfums de Marly - west Paris suburbs
    Inside the Ritz Hotel on Place Vendome - Parfums Nicolas Danila

Visit the Etat Libre d'Orange's flagship boutique on 69 rue Achieves. Quirky.

for swap/sale:

IUNX (rue Saint-Honoré). If you manage to sniff the new perfume l'arbre, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
    Jovoy and Nose may carry some lines not available near you.

Edit: Just noticed the date of your post. Oh, well...

treeman5823

Visit Serge Lutens's store, and try his Paris exclusives.