Code of Conduct

Default Zirh Corduroy review

found this while cleaning out a drawer in my house a few days ago along with a zirh IKON sample...these sample must be from circa 2006 ish..i applied it to a few areas to both forearms with the cap on the sample vial..from the opening i get sweet vanilla and some spices and maybe some wet generic woods...the drydown seems to stay fairly linear and seems to have pretty impressive longevity for the scant amount i applied to my arms..very warm and round fragrance..if you are a fan of loccitan eau de baux or spicebomb any other sweet vanilla and spice fragrance this would be right up you alley....immediatly i thought of eau de baux when i smelled this frag...a little to cloying and sweet for my taste though because i am not a fan of tonka and vanilla..i think you can get big bottles of this at tj maxx for like $15-20
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Default Re: Zirh Corduroy review

Was pretty good years ago when it was introduced. I still have a large bottle I purchased back then. I use it as a gym scent once in a while.

It seems to have been an attempt to combine certain notes that other perfumers had thought best not to !

Ingredient quality seems to be low as well.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 10th May 2013 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    It seems to have been an attempt to combine certain notes that other perfumers had thought best not to !

Ingredient quality seems to be low as well.
    I agree, even then, I think that it a decent scent considering the price it demands!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

Didn't care much for this one.

OP I think you are hypersensitive to vanilla. I don't thinks it is built around vanilla or anything.
    It is pretty cheap. Get it while you can (Zirh out of business.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebud View Post
    OP I think you are hypersensitive to vanilla. I don't thinks it is built around vanilla or anything.
    It is pretty cheap. Get it while you can (Zirh out of business.)
    They're not out of business anymore.

I agree with it not being based around vanilla. I also don't see the correlation between this and Eau des Baux. Corduroy is a pretty unique one, it's definitley more green and spicy than anything. The closest thing I have found to it, is Virgilio from Diptyque, which I think is discontinued.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Room spray

This is my favorite from Zirh, but I can't say I honestly wear it much. It's not bad, but there are so many other better scents out there that it really isn't worth owning.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I agree with it not being based around vanilla. I also don't see the correlation between this and Eau des Baux. Corduroy is a pretty unique one, it's definitley more green and spicy than anything. The closest thing I have found to it, is Virgilio from Diptyque, which I think is discontinued.
    100% this.

Corduroy is so underrated, but in my opinion, it's the sort of scent that needs to be smelled without knowing its price. It's linear, but I get great longevity, a very nice smell plus compliments when I wear it. It's hard to beat that. I give this a big thumbs up. And for the price? If I'd paid $70, I'd be pleased with it. But I paid $10. For me, this has been one of the best bang for the buck purchases ever even though the bottle is ugly.

Ikon is good, but it needs a base to evolve into instead of being a linear scent that just fades away. If it had a nice base and lasted around 8 to 10 hours, I'd adore the stuff. But, on my skin, it doesn't. It's linear and fades on me around the 6 hour mark. I was dating a woman last year who loved the smell of it on me, so I started wearing it more often. But in the end, it's not for me. The bottle sure is nice. Love that magnetic cap.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

i never smelled eau des baux edt...i only used the bodywash..but for me i smell the vanilla and/or tonka notes..there is something definetly sweet and vanilla like in there mixed with the spices.
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

corduroy has short longevity in many guys.

I gave it up due to the longevity issue.
    Its a nice one though.

Very nice scent but I find it a bit thin. Longevity average on me and with mild projection. For this reason I am gifting my mostly full bottle to a relative who really likes it.

This is the only fragrance that I currently have a back-up bottle of. In fear that it will suddenly disappear from the market (which it actually looks to be doing, but slowly) -- like other cheapies that were amazing, that have vanished before my very eyes and sky rocketed in price. To name a few that I really want back in my collection: Jacomo Paradox Green, Halston Unbound, Quiksilver. I refuse to let Corduroy slip through the cracks. Although I don't wear it as often as I used to, it is still an amazing fragrance. I used to get horrrrrible longevity, then realized it was just olfactory fatigue, because the top notes were so intoxicating to me, and the scent stayed linear, my nose loves those top notes. Now I can smell it on myself 6-8 hours later. I think it's the IDEAL scent for cooler months, when looking for something versatile and unique. Also gets a lot of compliments for me.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)