Thread: SOTD: Friday, May 10th, 2013
"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand
"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson
Amouage Ayoon Al-Maha
Fille en Aiguilles
Azzaro pour Homme Elixir
Montale - Sandflowers
Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...
Neroli Portofino - TF
Herod By Parfums de Marly
Kouros by YSL [vintage]
Vintage Extract Of Mysore Sandalwood by Crabtree & Evelyn.
Wearing this rare vintage juice today for the first time. It has a distribution date of 1983 on the bottle.
Well first impressions are that it is very fresh and a bit floral with what I think is Ylang Ylang and with this a strong blast of Sandalwood came out and it was natural and very impressive. Underneath the floral freshness is a lovely buttery woodiness. It's light, fresh a bit floral with a natural buttery Sandalwood note. This is the most natural smelling Sandalwood I have smelled in a fragrance.
Norne by Slumberhouse
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Right now: SMW. Later: Perhaps Aventus.
AdP Colonia Intensa
Nothing today as I have a cold and can't smell a thing!
YSL, La Nuit de L'Homme
Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth Perfumes
Le Labo Rose 31.
Fusion Sacree pour lui-Madja Bekali
Spice & Wood