Code of Conduct
    queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SOTD—Friday, May 10, 2013

in–ƒ®üקñ–somnia has got me, so I might as well start the thread.

Synching with Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose. Lovely on it's own and a good sport for layering. Maybe I'll layer...

Good weekend to all!
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SOTD—Friday, May 10, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all. Another synching, Caron Rose edp.
    DONNA

Friday greetings. SotD Roadster Sport. SotE HdP 1740 Marquis de Sade

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning all!

L'Instant for this cool, cloudy day.

Foustie; l forgot to say thanks for the info re. the By Terry line. l had in fact seen this line mentioned on a blog or two under the By Terry name, but hadn't paid too much attention to it. l've certainly never seen it anywhere!

Have a great Friday, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

YSL, La Nuit de L'Homme

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: SOTD—Friday, May 10, 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone, Eau de Shalimar for me. Happy Friday!

Thanks once again for the lovely congratulatory messages yesterday on my 5K xxoo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon !. Joining the synch with Le Labo Rose 31.

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone! Yayyyyyy Friday before vacation

Tdem, you make me want to jump right into that picture!

Loved being a scent twin yesterday with Twolf even if I only realized it this morning :P

Doing a test run with Neroli Portifino as a possible airplane scent. I want to wear something, but I don't want to offend the many people crammed into a flight with me for 8 hours. Honestly, anyone that would be offended by this scent NEEDS to be offended, because it's just soapy, citrusy, clean. Seriously, what's to be offended with? Evangeline's scent from yesterday sounds like it would be a contender too, but I've never heard of Veranda. Lovely review, and lovely picture!

The options so far are Neroli Portofino, Hiris and Sweet Redemption. I threw in Sweet Redemption because it's the one I like the most personally. The other two are just so soapy and clean. I could also do Entre Naranjos, except I don't think it will survive my 14 hours of travel.

The evil part of me would like to slap on MKK, a loud OUD or Absolute por le Soir and let them eat cake.

Post Thanks / Like

Today I'm smelling wonderful whilst wearing La Perla

With a bit of luck the fabulous scent will stop people noticing that I look like I've been thumped in the face a few times by someone who knows what they're doing because I've had a huge allergic reaction to something and one eye is so swollen and puffy that it's hard to open it.

I love having allergies. I spent a whole month a couple of years ago with full face oedema that just wouldn't go away and we still have no idea what caused it.

Hey ho, I'm alive and it could be a lot worse.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone -

I'm in Cristalle Eau Verte for tennis this morning. Y'all have a great day!

Yikes, sfmedusa - that sounds terrible! Good luck with those allergies, and let's hope you get over this one real soon! If it's any consolation at all, you're right about that La Perla - you smell completely gorgeous!

If I don't get a chance to wish you well before you go, elizrj, have a fantastic trip! Safe and happy travels to you, and I'll look forward to your report.

lilybelle - you're the cute one! xo
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Herod by Parfums de Marly

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Belated happy birthday, Wooznib!
    Congrats to tdem and Roberto on their thousands of posts!

sfmedusa, thinking of you

ErinK!

Yesterday's SotD thread was particularly magical. There are times when elizrj, PerfumedLady, and ExtremeK not only express the feelings I feel, but seem to use the very words I would speak. Mike, you had my little heart saying, "Awwww." I, too, would like to revisit that moment in time with you and Lilybelle. Today's theme is roses, but I think I'll go with Hové Rue Royale and remember the Noses of NOLA. What with doing sweaty work outside, I've been powdering with Bourbon French Parfum's body powder. I've got three: English lavender, Eleftorea (my fave, a kiwi scent), but have been reaching for the violet right now. I'll be swinging around my cant hook or bending over to move stones and catch a gentle sweetness on the wind.

Evangeline's veranda photo hit me like a sucker punch. What an inviting scene to accompany what sounds like a perfect combination of floral notes. I'll share a snap of what I've got growing on our veranda right now: Badda Bing begonias. Harmonious in color with Jon's rose photo.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, everyone!

Joining the synch in Ecume de Roses by Parfums de Rosine. Notes include: Rose, lotus, sea lily, black currant leaf, artemisia, musk, amber, vetiver, and ambergris.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, sfmedusa, that sounds annoying. I hope your face settles back into its usual arrangement soon!

Tom Ford Black Orchid from the sample, which is lasting very well because this is an assertive scent, to put it nicely. It smells good and has throw for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday to wooznib. Hope you had a lovely and memorable day with your family (including the dogs), gardening and fragrances. You have a true great gift and I am delighted seeing how you use it making our lives happier smelling environment.

Elizrj, good safe travels to you. I know it requires some discipline, but please make it a point to jot down your thoughts, you can even do so on our SotD threads.

sfmedusa,
    your life seems so fulfilling and not in a particularly enjoyable way. Please take care of yourself, or let your loved ones to do so.

Synching in roses with you today: so many choices! I think I will go with something I have been neglecting for some time: Ineke Briar Rose from Floral Curiosities line.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Missed your birthday wooznib - Happy Birthday, indeed!
    Quarry - ((bear hugs)) The begonias are as beautiful as that wonderful flower pot/stand. Stylish!

Syncing in (my VERY FAVORITE rose):

Sa Majeste la Rose by Serge Lutens

Just say the word rose, and this is where my mind goes. It was also one of my very first FB purchases from the house of Lutens, so I will always have fond memories of this scent. I went through my bottle years ago, but more recently a kind Basenoter gifted me with a decant of this, and I've been waiting to wear it. I love it so much. It seemed appropriate today.

As I've become more accustomed to the scent, it's honey note sort of jumps out at me now. It's not urinous at all, but very gentle and lifts the floral notes in such a bright and cheery way.

I'm a bit tired (went to bed late last night) but I can't help but smile wearing this one.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

(((Quarry))), the feeling is mutual! You know just what to say more often than you could realize. Beautiful post today; I'm always happy when you have a minute to chat with us!

Bon voyage, elizrj! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! And I'd love to sit next to you on a plane, in any of your choices. Have a wonderful time!

(((sfmedusa))), what an ordeal! I guess you have had a really great time with allergies. Wow! Hope you are back to your usual self very soon. And that this is the last reaction you have for awhile, it's a doozy! Your attitude, however, really is great; keep looking at the sunny side!

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to wooznib!

Synced in KM Attar de Roses. Have a great TGIF, gang!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Sort of synching in Hermes Kelly Caleche, but EDT rather than the rosier EDP. EDT suits me just fine Happy Friday all.

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon.

I guess I'm kind of in synch too, as I'm wearing for the second day in a row Bois de Paradis by Parfums DelRae.

((sfmedusa))!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm in Verlaine by Provence Santé, a naturalistic blend of verbena and linden.

This is basically a combination of Provence Santé's Vervain and Linden fragrances, but in an edc concentration and square bottle for the purpose of marketing to men.

All of Provence Santé's fragrances are bargains, and this one is no different. At $17.50/50 mls, you really can't lose. (For a source, see: http://www.baudelairesoaps.com/catal...d=2744&osCsid=)

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes. I had a wonderful day with my family and friends. Today I am in Coriolan. Tonight I will be in Shalimar extrait from the 80's.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Friday all! Thank you, Quarry, for the welcome!

SOTD is Un Jardin sur Le Nil. I don't think I would have had any rose (except maybe the aforementioned Kelly Caleche edt which I don't get much rose from) to wear today. That said, I love rose - definitely a note I need to explore!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    The evil part of me would like to slap on MKK, a loud OUD or Absolute por le Soir and let them eat cake.
    LOL!! Elizrj, you had me chortling! I would join PerfumedLady and totally sit next to you -- drenched in Carnal Flower.

Back at'cha Quarry. Your unique flair always brings a smile to my face. As does Twolf's directness and big heart. Aww, heck, hugs all around again today -- you're all aces in my book!

So ... I may be slowly coming around to iris. Turquoisewater and I did a little swap (yours is on the way!!), and one of the marvelous decants she sent me was PG Cuir d'Iris. Wow. Just. Wow. I absolutely love this.

There's definitely a common iris theme for me, though. Of the 3 irises I've tried and loved this year, two of them -- Mythique and Cuir d'Iris -- share with Daim Blond that awesome leather/iris combination that I'm finding irresistible. It's also what feels most "chic" to me -- the kind of effortless elegance that I associate with Paris (never having been there, it's all in my imagination, of course). As a result (cello will be pleased, I think), Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur is on my to-sniff list when I'm in Vegas at the end of the month! So, how many leather/iris fragrances can I possibly stock my wardrobe with?

You all have so opened up the fragrance world for me. Where would I be without you? XXXOOO

Oh, happy belated birthday to wooznib and welcome ErinK! And, sfmedusa, I do hope you feel better soon!! When you said your eye was swollen shut, I was momentarily worried that guy you helped strong-arm out of your friend's flat had come for his revenge
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 10th May 2013 at 07:37 PM.

Oeillet Sauvage by L'Artisan Parfumeur.

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in on the Rose synch. I never met a rose I didn't love. I started the day twinning with 30 Roses in Wild Rose by Provence Santé. This afternoon I'm thinking of wearing Grès Cabaret because I like it in summery weather, and today it is in the high 80s F and very sunny, just the most perfect (warm!) day. And this evening...maybe Joy, a jasminey, lush rose to go to dinner with B-belle.

What beautiful garden pics everybody has! That reminds me, I need to get over to the botanical gardens and see what's in bloom. They have beautiful roses there, all colors and scents. I like to linger there and sniff each variety. Each one has its signature rose scent. It's like being in Paradise.

I have to do a little cleaning upstairs before wine o'clock starts...but I'm ready! Have a lovely weekend, all. xoxo

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Elizrj, hope you have a wonderful trip.

SotE - Iris Silver Mist.

Have a great weekend, folks !.

Post Thanks / Like

Again with the note twinning, Jon?

You and I seem to have so many favorites in common, I'm going to check your wardrobe (and those of a few other BNers with whom I share some olfactory preferences :::cough:: teardrop, PerfumedLady, and mikeperez ::cough:: to help me make a list of things I want to sniff while in Vegas.

And yes, I'm totally approaching this in anal-retentive, hyper-planning, lawyer fashion. I'm cute that way.

ExtremeK, I am so glad you found PG Cuir d'Iris!!! It is fantastic! I have a small decant, but I really think it is bottle worthy for me at some point. And I have a sneaking feeling that you are also going to enjoy the Heeley It is more leather than Daim Blond, but done in somewhat the same light fashion. For some reason, Daim Blond has not been acting kind to me lately, but the Heeley Cuir is currently one of my favs, as it is great in spring.

You are going to have a blast in Vegas. And every SA better be on their toes with your hyper-planned agenda

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    hyper-planning
    Hey! Fortune favors the prepared!

I wish I could say I'm in sync, but I am wearing Wylde Ivy's Green Grass today. It doesn't smell like grass. No. It smells like flowers. Spring flowers. I can't figure out which. Maybe hyacinths? Easter lilies? Lilacs? But not grass.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My my my. This is a rich thread today. With the exeption of swollen faces (oh dear, poor sfmedusa), and jujy's insomnia, there is an abundance of good cheer. Flowers, verandahs, trips, congratulations on out fabulous posters. There is warmth, and memories of the New Orleans get together (lucky things), and there are roses and fragrances galore. Yipee!

I'm synching with Serge Lutens La Fille de Berlin ( sample), a red rose. Much as I adore roses this one is not for me, so I'll change into Voleur de Roses later...... because I'm on the nightshift.....so there will be no wine o'clock for me tonight..... So I'm glad you lot are cheery....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Evening all!

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Oh yes, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Again with the note twinning, Jon?

You and I seem to have so many favorites in common, I'm going to check your wardrobe (and those of a few other BNers with whom I share some olfactory preferences :::cough:: teardrop, PerfumedLady, and mikeperez ::cough:: to help me make a list of things I want to sniff while in Vegas.

And yes, I'm totally approaching this in anal-retentive, hyper-planning, lawyer fashion. I'm cute that way.
    A girl after my own heart!

Foustie, l'm on an early shift tomorrow, so l sympathise.

Sfmedusa, get well soon!

l'm in Musc Ravageur this evening, from my sample.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    ExtremeK, I am so glad you found PG Cuir d'Iris!!! It is fantastic! I have a small decant, but I really think it is bottle worthy for me at some point. And I have a sneaking feeling that you are also going to enjoy the Heeley It is more leather than Daim Blond, but done in somewhat the same light fashion. For some reason, Daim Blond has not been acting kind to me lately, but the Heeley Cuir is currently one of my favs, as it is great in spring.

You are going to have a blast in Vegas. And every SA better be on their toes with your hyper-planned agenda
    Cello, too bad about Daim Blond recently ; I've been having similar experiences with musky fragrances this year. I had to give away one, in fact, because it kept giving me a headache. Hopefully DB shapes up for you as summer comes on. It's actually my most-worn of all my fragrances (but only by one)

I'm *swooning* over the dry-down of Cuir d'Iris. This is where its lineage as a Parfumerie Generale fragrance is obvious -- it has that recognizeable oh-so-gourmandy-yummy base. I'm getting ready to re-spritz -- fah! on a new SotE. This one's too good!

Last year when I was in Vegas, I only hit Barney's but since I was there for about 3 hours, I did it up right -- and walked out with a purchase of the fabulous Aleksandr (OK, technically, they shipped it to me, but whatevs)

I'm a little nervous about what all may end up getting shipped home this year...

Post Thanks / Like

My old new favorite on this stunning Seattle spring day.... Chanel Cristalle EdP.
    Bel Respiro, I adore you... but my heart belongs to another.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in L'Heure Bleue for the remains of the day, vintage-80s parfum. Wishing all a beautiful evening.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in sync with the picture at least:-) , was wearing sycomore today !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    My my my. This is a rich thread today.

I'm synching with Serge Lutens La Fille de Berlin ( sample), a red rose. Much as I adore roses this one is not for me, so I'll change into Voleur de Roses later...... because I'm on the nightshift.....so there will be no wine o'clock for me tonight..... So I'm glad you lot are cheery....

Oh Foustie, i loved that Lutens, simple rose soliflore, reminded me of Miss charming only better:-) .....nice rose petals smell, not heavy bulgarian rose

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A friend gifted me a sample of Hermes Vanille Galante so that'[s what I'm wearing today. Very unexpected!

Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dior Homme Intense tonight
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SOTE: Creed Aventus

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

In synch today by wearing Czech & Speake Dark Rose.

Happy Friday everyone!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Post Thanks / Like

Miller et Bertaux Shanti Shanti -- excellent rose with loathsome dryout, at least I will be asleep when it kicks in.

Thanks for the compliment, ExtremeK. I like you too, lots!

Post Thanks / Like

In sync with Red Roses JM.
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde