Code of Conduct

Default ASAQ black musc ghazzal attar oil, real deer musc?

Hi, i tried Abdul Samad Al Kurraish Black Musc Ghazzal Attar Oil recently, very animalic but smells great and very natural. According to the SA it is real deer musc. My understanding is that it is banned in europe and north america and hence would be only available overseas. Any expert noses on this? Considering it is very expensive (around 325$ for 12ml), I might consider splitting it next. Any love for this one.

Default Re: ASAQ black musc ghazzal attar oil, real deer musc?

They all claim that they use real musk. I think that it's impossible to really know the truth unless you had an analysis and/or knew you had the read thing to sample.

Basenotes Plus

Don't know about the ASAQ one, but I believe that Ajmal stopped using it a few years back, at least and that doesn't smell artificial to me, but since I've never tried the real stuff that's probably not much help

it is natural!!!!! i had it several times in my hands,,. never beenable to afoord it.

Basenotes Plus

Thank you Moreda

i am sure it is not pure musc ghazale... but he aged fecal smell is there and the natural sweet tones to come with the fecal smell.
    Ajmal was to fecal... just to fresh... not aged and therefor not really complex... jsut a punch in your face without the subtle nuances of the musc.

I still really want it

Moving Forward: This thread sure makes me want to more carefully study and consider ingredients before I buy

I own a 6 ml bottle of the ASAQ. It is superior to the Ajmal, which I also own. The ASAQ is about 4-5 times more expensive than the Ajmal.

I agree with moreda. The ASAQ, while very animalic and fecal, is smoother and more refined smelling than the Ajmal. The ASAQ has subtle floral elements which the Ajmal lacks, and is better balanced. I have limited experience with pure black musks, but the ASAQ is the best one I've tried.

I cannot say if the musk is natural (which is what ASAQ implies), synthetic, or a blend. It is excellent, regardless!
    Last edited by noggs; 12th May 2013 at 06:00 AM.