Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CK Free Blue - Sure is Subtle

I bought a cheap bottle of CK Free Blue today. Projection isn't great, it almost immediately turns into a skin scent, which lasted about 7 hours on my wrist. Very handy if one wants a very subtle summery scent. I've placed it in the same drawer with the other members of my tiny collection of subtle scents (Bvlgari PH and F Ferragamo).

I quite like the scent itself - well I ought to - I'd describe it as a Lite version of one of the scents I wear most in hot weather, Azzaro Chrome.

Has anybody else tried this one? Or actually own it?
    Regards,
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: CK Free Blue - Sure is Subtle

A poor copy of Chrome. Use Chrome and enjoy it!
    Watch my recent video reviews of
    Prada Luna Rossa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_dv7TAmfrA
    Dior Homme Cologne 2013 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvutqcq00y4

I got gifted a bottle of the original CK Free - the longevity and projection on it is atrocious.

I hear Free Blue is better in that regard (as you say you get 7 hours as a skin scent) but haven't felt the need to try it after the disappointment of the original.

With so many poor fragrances being released by CK over the last few years, people are writing off the whole house and forgetting about some of the gems they put out over the years. I still really like Obsession (and Obsession Night), and both Eternity and Eternity Summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    A poor copy of Chrome. Use Chrome and enjoy it!
    Don't worry - I'll still be using lots of Chrome.
    I currently own two 100ml bottles, a 30ml bottle and six 20ml travel bottles of this gem (that too few around here appreciate).
    Cheers,
    Renato

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    I got gifted a bottle of the original CK Free - the longevity and projection on it is atrocious.

I hear Free Blue is better in that regard (as you say you get 7 hours as a skin scent) but haven't felt the need to try it after the disappointment of the original.

With so many poor fragrances being released by CK over the last few years, people are writing off the whole house and forgetting about some of the gems they put out over the years. I still really like Obsession (and Obsession Night), and both Eternity and Eternity Summer.
    Yes, the CK scents of the last decade have been very erratic longevity wise. Some of the more expensive scents didn't last long enough with strength on me, but surprisingly cheaper ones like the ambery CK IN2U Him, did very well in longevity and projection.
    Obsession Men is still my favourite.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 11th May 2013 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Use Chrome and enjoy it!
    Agree.

The name itself is laughable to me. Although I haven't tried the Blue I remember the original being on the shelves when I first was working the men's counter. Why would you name a fragrance Free? And it lived up to it's name, spray it on and in a few seconds it was free of any scent. This is probably the epitome of fragrance for ppl who are afraid to wear fragrance. I remember after it was off our shelves a Coty rep was trying to give bottles of it away with purchases, 2 people actually turned a free bottle down. It may be called Free, but they couldn't pay me to wear it. Well.. maybe they could since it'd be gone soon enough
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

As someone said,
    It shares the almost same genes as chrome.
    CK hasnt been original for quite some time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOpera View Post
    The name itself is laughable to me. Although I haven't tried the Blue I remember the original being on the shelves when I first was working the men's counter. Why would you name a fragrance Free? And it lived up to it's name, spray it on and in a few seconds it was free of any scent. This is probably the epitome of fragrance for ppl who are afraid to wear fragrance. I remember after it was off our shelves a Coty rep was trying to give bottles of it away with purchases, 2 people actually turned a free bottle down. It may be called Free, but they couldn't pay me to wear it. Well.. maybe they could since it'd be gone soon enough
    Hilarious, thanks.
    I actually haven't tried the original Free so can't really comment. But, can it really be weaker than say 4711?
    Cheers,
    Renato

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fraghead93 View Post
    As someone said,
    It shares the almost same genes as chrome.
    CK hasnt been original for quite some time.
    Perhaps it was the CK Free range that shocked them into putting out the more respectable CK Shock?
    Cheers,
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Subtlety is also not spared from the original "Free". It is so subtle that one might call it CK "Houdini", except Houdini had the courtesy to appear...eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Subtlety is also not spared from the original "Free". It is so subtle that one might call it CK "Houdini", except Houdini had the courtesy to appear...eventually.
    LOL. Now I'll have to go and check out CK Free and see if its disappearing act is really as remarkable as your post suggests.
    Regards,
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

I hate Chrome, so I would probably hate this. I did get a whiff of the original CK Free somewhere, (I wanna say @ Kohl's) and it was actually pretty nice off the top.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)