Thread: Vintage.

Default Vintage.

Hello guys,

Have someone liquidating an entire collection of perfumes they inherited
    from a relative.
    She doesnt know the names per se, but was kind enough to take decent
    photo's of all of the bottles.
    She claims all of these have been acquired in the last 40 years, but as
    someone not into fragrances, doesnt know anything else about them.

Would ya'all be kind enough and ID as many as you can, so I know
    whether any are worth possesing ?

1365688879_500633126_7-A-very-Rare-unique-collection-of-Antique-perfumes-.jpg

1365688879_500633126_8-A-very-Rare-unique-collection-of-Antique-perfumes-.jpg

1365688879_500633126_9-A-very-Rare-unique-collection-of-Antique-perfumes-.jpg

1365688879_500633126_2-A-very-Rare-unique-collection-of-Antique-perfumes-Pune.jpg

1365688879_500633126_3-A-very-Rare-unique-collection-of-Antique-perfumes-Everything-Else.jpg

1365688879_500633126_4-A-very-Rare-unique-collection-of-Antique-perfumes-Home-Lifestyle.jpg

1365688879_500633126_5-A-very-Rare-unique-collection-of-Antique-perfumes-Maharashtra.jpg

1365688879_500633126_6-A-very-Rare-unique-collection-of-Antique-perfumes-India.jpg

1365688879_500633126_1-Pictures-of--A-very-Rare-unique-collection-of-Antique-perfumes.jpg

All the above are perfumes even though some may look like
    artefacts.

Regards.

Default Re: Vintage.

Anything shaped like a car, dog, cat, lighthouse...... is most likely Avon aftershave, Edt, etc.... and probably stinks badly and has zero value. I have loads of it boxed up in the garage
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

I can see:

Dunhill for Men (1934?)
    Azzaro pour Homme
    Pacco Rabanne pour Homme
    Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir
    Ralph Lauren Polo
    Christian Dior Eau Savauge
    Calvin Klein Obsession for Men
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Nice bottles.

I spot at least one rather valuable bottle. Those are all minis in the front right?
    The clown/car/bird bottles can be sold for a few dollars on ebay to Avon collectors.

It's hard to tell without seeing a picture of the front of each bottle. The figurine bottles are likely made by what we would call "drugstore" brands like Avon, Coty, Old Spice, Williams, Mennen, etc. and probably made in the 1950-1970s. Not particularly valuable though vintage Old Spice products, if you have any, have increased in popularity over the years. Perhaps the figure will be considered vintage Americana along the lines of Coca Cola products some day.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Oops!

Overcome By Fumes

There may be some value in this collection, but if you seriously would like identification, you would be much more successful by posting photos of the bottles separated, rather than jumbled together. I think I did find Waldo in the sixth photo down though.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45 View Post
    There may be some value in this collection, but if you seriously would like identification, you would be much more successful by posting photos of the bottles separated, rather than jumbled together.
    Exactly. I mistakingly took the green bottle in the 6th picture to be a vtg splash bottle of Tendre Poison. But it was just the Versace (?) one from the 5th pic.
    In the 5th picture the YSL looks interesting. I'm no YSL expert, so is it Paris or Champagne? I dunno? The juice looks like Opium. I'm confused. Looks interesting, though. So does the ChloÚ. Looks like a 30ml bottle of parfum, no? Worth some good money if it is - and if you can sell it.
    The old, oool' school looking bottle next to the YSL. What's that? Looks cool. I know I'd appreciate the juice in that flacon no matter what. Fab!

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    The clown/car/bird bottles can be sold for a few dollars on ebay to Avon collectors.
    That's what I was thinking also.

Is it me, or it is sad that no one inherited this collection properly, maybe because the original owner/s didn't care much about it?
    It's just perfume...
    We want a 'Niche' forum.