Code of Conduct

Default pinaud clubman aftershave review

I got my package in the mail last night of a few pinaud fragrances..i bought lime sec,lilac vegatol, and clubman aftershave and the talc powder...today i decided to test out the clubman aftershave after the gym...i poured a very small amount to the palm of my hand and rubbed them together very lightly and applied it to both forearms(yes i know it is supposed to be an aftershave)...from initial application this fragrance seemed to be very strong for an aftershave and actually it was more powerfull and lasts longer than many of the edt's i own..i really cannot pick out any direct notes but it is definitely floral and powdery...it stays pretty linear but tends to lean more to the powdery side as it dried down..it seemed to have good silage and projection and it was pretty warm here in NJ today so that could have played a factor..i applied it around 6pm and it is 11:48pm as i type this and i can still get whiffs of it...overall i thought it was a nice smelling and wearable fragrance and it only costs around $7..yes it does remind me of the barbershop when they dust off you neck with clubman talc...this fragrance smells exactly like the talc.

- - - Updated - - -

the only gripe i gave is that the bottle is plastic and the fragrance does permeate through the plastic and you can smell the fragrance on the outside of the bottle..
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Default Re: pinaud clubman aftershave review

Nice review. Enjoy!

I am very interested in Pinaud Clubman products and traditional scents/aftershaves at this time, so your review is much appreciated lanky. The price seems quite decent as well !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

To me Pinaud Clubman aftershave/cologne is regarding smell like a mix of Brut and Canoe but better and fresher than both. It lasts like 3-4 hrs when applied heavily. My juice does not permeate through the plastic bottle or whatsoever.
    It is worth owning while Brut and Canoe are not imo.
    My Top 10 : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme
    - Guerlain: Homme L'Eau Boisee
    - Pal Zileri: Cuoio
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Their bay rum is pretty awesome, and it actually lasts on my skin, unlike most aftershaves.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

As does the excellent (smooth leathery) Special Reserve version!

Special Reserve is awesome but it doesn't last like an edt on me. It's very strong initially but more or less gone after 2 hours.

The longevity of SR much depends on amount of application imo.
    4 hrs is easily to get when applied 1 full cap (over 1ml) over face and neck !

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    Special Reserve is awesome but it doesn't last like an edt on me. It's very strong initially but more or less gone after 2 hours.

Purchased the Special Reserve recently, smells nice but didn't test it properly yet.

Sound Scents

I agree that Clubman offers great value, smells quite good and is the quintessential barbershop scent.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I own the bay rum and Clubman. Both are nice but imo I wish they were not at strong scented. My barber used to just use the Clubman talc powder and it was lighter scented.

My two favorite aftershave splashes are Alt Innstbruck and Speick. Master Topaz is very good also.
    Right now I have been using Osage Rub for that awesome cooling effect.

Great review,
    my favourite is the M7.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

The P. Clubman line is actually a good deal for your money. Some smell really good and last on the skin.

i do have the pinaud clubman shampoo which smells like the talc and aftershave,,but it kind of dries out my hair out too much for daily use..i will probably start to use it once or twice a week at the gym.

- - - Updated - - -

i will try the osage rub on my next order...i did own the quinine hair tonic but the fragrance stayed on my hair even after 3-5 washings and made me nauseated
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Basenotes Plus

I really admire Pinaud Clubman After Shave - and the nicely scented hair styling gel (great wet look)!

This is a classic, old-school barbershop vibe that brings wet shaving and barbers that know your name into your mind. A throwback to a different time...

The vibe comes through vividly with notes of orange, bergamot, lemon, jasmine, orange flower, oakmoss, treemoss and musk.

I love it - a must for the nostalgia and price.

Cheers,

ericrico
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    The P. Clubman line is actually a good deal for your money. Some smell really good and last on the skin.
    I would even say that scent-wise Special Reserve is on par with high end perfumes like Knize Ten, Royal English Leather, Cuir Ottoman and even Feuille Verte. I'd love to get this in proper edt or edp concentration.

I have always liked the talc from childhood trips to the barber shop and still use it, especially post-gym.

When I get my haircut, my barber uses hot shaving cream and an old school razor to shave the back of my neck. He then applies Clubman Pinaud After Shave. It's one of the best parts of the cut. Fresh and clean. Disappears pretty quickly though.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Thanks for the review!
    I am a Clubman original fan too. Canoe EdT is almost a dead ringer IMO until you get to the very end of the drydown.

I actually get amazing all day longevity from Clubman if splashed on my torso like a cologne/EdT. Layering the Clubman products also produces amazing, all day longevity and sillage. The aftershave,the talc, the hair tonic,the hair gel and the hair spray used all together produce long term Clubman goodness!