Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Meharees vs. Dior Homme Intense - Which is nicer?

I know this question can be subjective, but if we have yet to smell either of these two, and our preference is for a fragrance that smells like a great gourmand, with a nice soft appeal to it, which would you say is better for that?

People have been saying that Meharees smells likes Musc Ravageur, even better, and that they would prefer it over MR when choosing. Then we have DHI, which I haven't smelled yet either but want to know if Meharees or DHI would be a nicer, overall versatile scent - and what are differences?

Can anyone describe just what exactly Meharees smells like? Any parallel you can sense with another (mainstream) fragrance?

Would like to hear some thoughts on this. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Meharees vs. Dior Homme Intense - Which is nicer?

Well, Meharees is kinda similar to MR's dry down, but, in my experience, it is more transparent, better sillage but much less dense.
    I can see DHI having a similar "vibe" but different smell.

To sum it up, IMO Meharees has a smell close to MR but its texture is similar to DHI's.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, DHI is much better. I like Meharees, and yes, the dry down is very similar to MR and even smoother, but DHI is just on a higher level altogether, at least the OG formula, I'm not familiar with the reformulation.

Post Thanks / Like

^ Yeah for all purposes I'm talking about the current or reformulated DHI because the silver collar vintage is --nowhere-- to be found anymore, so there is no point to discuss it in my opinion if we are looking for fragrances. But thanks...

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Baller View Post
    ^ Yeah for all purposes I'm talking about the current or reformulated DHI because the silver collar vintage is --nowhere-- to be found anymore, so there is no point to discuss it in my opinion if we are looking for fragrances. But thanks...
    Ebay always has quite a few bottles of the vintage juice with batch codes provided so you can look these up, if need be. I have purchased my Vintage DHI off of sellers on ebay, and have always gotten the real thing. IMHO nothing compares to the original of this one! I own both and while the newer one is o.k. Nothing beats the real thing

Dior Homme Intense IMO is better.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djm View Post
    Ebay always has quite a few bottles of the vintage juice with batch codes provided so you can look these up, if need be. I have purchased my Vintage DHI off of sellers on ebay, and have always gotten the real thing. IMHO nothing compares to the original of this one! I own both and while the newer one is o.k. Nothing beats the real thing
    Newer DHI is better imo, slightly stronger too. There is no bad DHI, I think some folks would have you believe the new version was ruined somehow (like what happened with Chergui). The older DHI is more feminine smelling to me which is why I find the new version better, in addition to better longevity now.

OP is asking about two great fragrances. Both are very versatile fragrances and for how good the price is on Meharees I would suggest it as a 100% safe blind buy. Has anyone smelled Meharees and NOT liked it? I can't imagine not liking such a wonderful fragrance. Meharees is a bit more exotic whereas DHI is a bit more clean shaven. Given that you want "fragrance that smells like a great gourmand, with a nice soft appeal to it," I would say Meharees fits that description a bit better.

Post Thanks / Like

Kende, any mainstream cologne to which you can compare Meharees? In-department store like, that is.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but none that I can think of. Musc Ravageur is the main comparison I can make. Just get a bottle :P

Have both, love Meharees, but DHI will get 10 wears for every 1 of Meharees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by axmaster45 View Post
    Have both, love Meharees, but DHI will get 10 wears for every 1 of Meharees.
    This.
    Please check out the bottles and samples in my swap list.

Have you sampled DHI yet? I picked up a sample of it at decantshop and I really enjoy it. Meharees is excellent, but of the two, I THINK I prefer DHI. I said I think because these are best on a cool or even cold day, and it's been in the 80s where I live. DHI is certainly easier to wear, and I suspect it's also easier to wear on a date. Meharees is a bolder choice, but it could be over the top for some people who smell it on you.

YMMV.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

DHI blows it away