Code of Conduct

Default Les Exclusifs Bois des Iles...parfum?

I'm quickly becoming addicted to Chanel's LE line! I started with a bottle of Sycomore last summer; a couple of months later I was seduced by Cuir de Russie parfum, followed by CdR edt and Coromandel. Recently, I've added Eau de Cologne and Bois des Iles edt. I'm now considering BdI parfum, hoping it will be a longer lasting, slightly more intense version of the EdT. I love the edt for its gorgeously smooth, balanced dry down; just wish it lasted longer than 3 - 4 hours before fading to nose-touching-wrist.

My concern is that the BdI parfum will have too much sweetness as, unfortunately, I'm finding the sample of 31 Rue Cambon edt for me. There are no Chanel boutiques in LA to sample BdI parfum. I'd really appreciate your thoughts if who've worn/owned BdI parfum. Thanks!

Default Re: Les Exclusifs Bois des Iles...parfum?

My wife has the parfum and I have the EDT and I personally would find it difficult to wear the parfum. The parfum smells great on her though.

I own and like BDI... Don't find it overly sweet, but that's my feeling on wearing it...

Do try Bel Respiro as well...

The BdI Parfum is less overtly aldehydic or sweet than the EDT IMO . . . and not as sweet as stuff like Tobacco Vanille and some of the A*Mens.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 12th May 2013 at 10:20 AM.

Based on responses (thank you!) and my experience with BdI edt, I'm going to try the parfum. If it turns out to be something I'm not comfortable wearing, it will make a beautiful gift. But I'm certainly hoping it will fit in.

Basenotes Plus

I love the parfum, the edt didn't have enough "umph" for me. Although, layering the two would be perfect. The parfum is longer lasting & stays very close to the skin on me. The edt has greater sillage but is shorter lived.

I do not think the parfum particularly sweet.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    ...layering the two would be perfect.
    I was hoping the same, as I do this occasionally with the two CdR concentrations for just the reasons you mention. Thanks!

mr. reasonable has got it right! You should be very happy with it/its longevity.

The original BdI before the inclusion in the Exclusifs edt was a monster aldehyde blast, loud and very very proud. I got a small card sprayed with it and put it in a book, this was early-mid 00s. I could still smell it as clear as the first day for many years. I have no idea what the current version is like, reading this, tame it seems.

I bought the parfum in the end. It has great sillage and longevity even just dabbing from the bottle(again I have the older version), I don't find it sweet at all. Just very rich.
    DONNA

Basenotes Member

I have tried the parfums and are gorgeous, specially for men.
    Much more balmy, pushed onto the musky base, with animalic accents.

Bois de Iles is the best. The reformulation is quite faithful.
    Cuir de Russie is very beautiful, even if the riformulation is more floral and less smoky-leather, unfortunately.
    Generally they all became more floral, but "the system works".

Both perfumes are good, and I prefer them to the EdTs.

Thanks, the BdI parfum should arrive in a couple of days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    ...Do try Bel Respiro as well...
    My wallet is saying, "no, No, NO!" I appreciate the recommendation, and I hope to soon.
    Last edited by demcav; 13th May 2013 at 03:34 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    The BdI Parfum is less overtly aldehydic or sweet than the EDT IMO . . . and not as sweet as stuff like Tobacco Vanille and some of the A*Mens.
    Totally agree

Now, vintage BdI parfum, if you can find that...well that's pure joy! I smelled it once and I'll never forget it. Mysore sandalwood nirvana.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Do let us know how it turned out for you, there are many including me
    who love the sandalwood note in it.