Code of Conduct

Default 2013 Creed Aventus

Has anyone smelled the more recent batches of Aventus? I'm looking to purchase from the Creed Boutique. I was wondering which batch it is they're selling now/ how it is compared to the older batches? (Everyone raves about the X02 and Z01 batches from a couple years ago. I'm jumping on the Aventus train kinda late here.)

Default Re: 2013 Creed Aventus

Don't know about batches but smelled it yesterday at the Creed boutique in NY and it smells like the one I bought the week after it first came out on the market.

Awesome. Thanks!

In my opinion, they all dry down the same after an hour or 2. I have the smokey K01 batch from 2010 and a newer E01 from 2012 and they are identical after a short amount of time. Funny enough i get 3 X more compliments with the dreaded K01 smokey bottle.

I've heard the "pineappley" batches don't last as long so that makes sense. People probably can smell it better/for longer.

I'm pretty new to Creeds and just bought Millesime Imperial. I fell in love with that one and Aventus, but got Millesime Imperial on Fragrancenet because it was cheaper. My gf bought a bottle of Acqua Fiorentina from Fragnet and it smelled rancid. I figured for future bottles I'll buy directly from Creed. I do believe it was legit juice, because I have never had a problem with Fragrancenet, BUT it was probably an old bottle or sitting in light haha. Who knows how they're stored.

- - - Updated - - -

Basenotes Plus

The 2013 batches smell newer.

I have c42b13n01, it's a good one...lots of pineapple and very little smoke.

This forum badly needs an Aventus / Creed sub forum.

The batch variation thing is a myth. Yes, there was one weird batch in 2010 that was smokier than the rest. It seems to have been the first batch Creed made after Aventus sales went through the roof, and my guess is that it's different because it was a rush job. Any bottle other than that wacky batch from 2010 smells the same.

I wrote this a while ago, but I never bothered posting it because my little experiment was a total bust. I had a sample of Z01 and I own a bottle from 2012. I had friends coming to town. I thought it'd be fun to find out how different people detected the differences between the two batches. I expected one to be different enough that it would be a clear winner. Here's what I wrote a while ago but never bothered posting:

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Aventus Double-Blind Double-Batch Test!

We've all seen a trillion posts about Aventus batch variations. The problem with batch variations comparisons is that if you know what you're smelling, it's difficult to not have your own expectations skew the results. In other words, you smell what you expect to smell. Z01 has a fruity top! You'll notice more fruit because you're expecting it. I decided to find out what would happen if I set up a double-blind test of two Aventus batches. What inspired this experiment is that I have some friends traveling to town, and one of them was planning on hitting up a local shop (The Perfume House). We got to talking about the whole Aventus batch variation thing... so, I thought it'd be fun to conduct an experiment.

I have a sample of the Z01 batch. I also own a 4oz bottle of batch S42B12A01. And I have 2 identical vials with spray tops. My friends and I will each wear one batch on our left arms and the other on our right. That's multiple people testing 2 batches, each sprayed from identical vials. We'll hopefully meet up with their wives for drinks and get their input as well [update: we did]. I'm going to keep the experiment double-blind so that none of us will know which sample is which until after the experiment.

NOTE! It's important to me that both samples have the same sprayer since Creed sprayers are far more powerful than vial sprayers. It's also important that not even I know which sample is which while we're wearing them.

Each vial has a label showing which batch it is, but I'll cover the labels with paper to keep them hidden. I'll have a friend randomly pick one to write RIGHT on, and then LEFT on the other. We'll spray the right on our right arms and left on our left.

That means, none of us will know which batch we're wearing on each arm until after the experiment when we pull off the paper that says RIGHT or LEFT, which also means we won't be able to have any preconceptions about what to expect from each sample.

We'll wear the two samples for a day as we hang out and I'll jot down notes during the day. At the end of the experiment, I'll remove the paper and we'll know on which arm we're wearing which batch (and my friend will know if he can buy a bottle online or if he needs to seek out a decant of the Z01 batch).

NOTE: I wrote this part the next morning, but then I bailed on posting any of it.

It's A Bust.

That was the plan. Immediately after spraying, everything went wrong because there weren't any differences to detect. I assumed we'd start noticing differences after 15 minutes. Nope. After an hour? Nope. Three hours in? Nope. Five hours in? Nope. Eight hours? No. There were four of us, total. Two had wives, so the six of us met up for happy hour, about 3 hours into this failed experiment. Neither of the women noticed a difference in smell either, though one loved it and the other thought it was just nice. One of my friends was into Aventus, so he understood the reason for the test. The other two guys just rolled their eyes each time we'd check for differences. "Still the same, man. Still the same."

None of us detected any differences in smell, projection or longevity. None of us.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Mfriche View Post
    I've heard the "pineappley" batches don't last as long so that makes sense. People probably can smell it better/for longer.

I'm pretty new to Creeds and just bought Millesime Imperial. I fell in love with that one and Aventus, but got Millesime Imperial on Fragrancenet because it was cheaper. My gf bought a bottle of Acqua Fiorentina from Fragnet and it smelled rancid. I figured for future bottles I'll buy directly from Creed. I do believe it was legit juice, because I have never had a problem with Fragrancenet, BUT it was probably an old bottle or sitting in light haha. Who knows how they're stored.

- - - Updated - - -
    If you are going to join just to post how Aventus is even better when you pay even more buying it direct from Creed please use one of the lame threads already in existence.

< Puts gun in mouth and pulls trigger >

I have the coveted X02 and Z01 as well as a full bottle of E01 and a decant of one of the newer batches. I've also smelled Y01 last year at Neiman. Here's the thing: They do all smell alike. There is the slightest difference in Z01's sweetness. It smells a little brighter and more citrusy than the rest. X02 was my reference Aventus, as it was the first I ever smelled. I bough a decant of it way before it was crowned the holy grail of Aventus. As far as performance goes, X02 and E01 last the longest and from what I can tell project more. I had a girl friend tell me I smelled good as she was standing a floor above me on a staircase once with X02. E01 will stay on my shirts after a washing. There's not enough of a difference to justify paying high prices for d-bags that hoard the "good" batches and resell them at higher prices. If you want some Aventus, just buy it without worrying about the batch. The chances of you getting that crappy batch from 2010 is very slim as it's not likely still in circulation. And don't even bother with Fresco mane.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Sound Scents

The vast majority of batches to my nose all smell more or less the same with the end result not very good on every one of them. If you love the stuff that is all that matters, so just buy any of them and don't worry about the batch.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Guys I just got my newest bottle of Aventus today but I suspect it's the casualty of yet another classic Creed Batch Variation. I mean just look at the bottle, did they do some kind of redesign? Looks awful, like some kind of can you'd find in your pantry, and the lack of atomizer is a huge letdown for me. I'm also worried about the new metal container style as I heard the metal can affect the perfume smell after a while. I guess I'll keep it, but it looks really goofy next to the rest of my Creeds.

Banned
    Blog Entries

trozos de pina lol

If only there was a huge thread solely about Aventus batches...
    Please check out the bottles and samples in my swap list.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
    If only there was a huge thread solely about Aventus batches...
    In a perfect world...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by kende View Post
    Guys I just got my newest bottle of Aventus today but I suspect it's the casualty of yet another classic Creed Batch Variation. I mean just look at the bottle, did they do some kind of redesign? Looks awful, like some kind of can you'd find in your pantry, and the lack of atomizer is a huge letdown for me. I'm also worried about the new metal container style as I heard the metal can affect the perfume smell after a while. I guess I'll keep it, but it looks really goofy next to the rest of my Creeds.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/365444-Fake-Aventus