Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default SotD: Sunday 12th May 2012

Good morning all !. SotD is Creed Neroli Sauvage.

Quiet day planned here after being on the go all day yesterday down in Sussex. Met up with an ex-colleague for lunch and attended a 1940's nostalgia weekend at the local steam railway - displays of old vehicles, period costume, old-fashioned cake stalls (we did indulge ). Even the weather was kind, only closing in as we were leaving.

Roast in the oven, sauvignon blanc in the fridge. All set !

PS - nice bum Mrs E
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 12th May 2013 at 10:48 AM.

Default Re: SotD: Sunday 12th May 2012

dzing!
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Thumbs up Re: SotD: Sunday 12th May 2012

Jon, thank you for these wonderful photos

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Blog Entries

Morning all, morning Jon!

Royal Egyptian Amber & Honeysuckle for work on this cool & cloudy day. No lazy Sunday for me!

Have a lovely day, everyone.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Happy Mother's Day to all our moms and wonderful people with kind and nourishing natures.

Will go work at a restaurant, we have about 100 reservations, in Coriandre.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Happy Mother's Day to all our moms and wonderful people with kind and nourishing natures.
    Ditto!

Jon - love the wonderful photos. What time does the roast come out of the oven? I will be there shortly with Italian pastries for dessert xx

Coty Emeraude vintage PdT for me.

Wish you all a lovely Sunday.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Today my ironing is getting to enjoy the Magie Noire that I'm wearing

Hope you all have a day that's a bit more exciting than mine.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    What time does the roast come out of the oven? I will be there shortly with Italian pastries for dessert xx
    In about an hour, all being well - eagerly awaiting your arrival, corkscrew in hand

To you and all the BN mums in the US.

I layerd today Cruel Intentions by Kilian with Cruel Gardenia by Guerlain. Wow. Very, very nice!
    You cannot control your own population by force, but it can be distracted by consumption.

Noam Chomsky

Wearing Costume National 21 on this cool spring morning. And a happy Mothers Day to all our lovely mamas. My doggie wished me a happy Mothers Day today this morning. (My cats have pretty much ignored me.)

Update/edit: This is my second time trying 21 and I was hoping for better luck this time but alas, second time is not a charm. I can't put my finger on what it is about it I don't care for; I have liked amber in the past, and I thought I liked woods (at least in theory) but maybe the combination just doesn't work for me. I just get heavy, dense, syrupy sweetness. Hiris would have been a better choice for today.

[Please ignore the attachment. #newbieissues ]

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ErinK; 12th May 2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: incompetence

Jon, I love the photos! It seems like you're always doing something interesting and fun.

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms and mums and those who nurture!!
    (I would say it large and colorfully, but I'm on the kindle and therefore limited).

Sfmedusa, I like to do the ironing. I'll trade ironing for vacuuming, which I LOATHE. It makes me feel so irritable. Ironing is quiet and peaceful.

Erin, that's a great photo!

I'm wearing Parfums de Nicolai Violette in Love.

Have a lovely Sunday, all!

Ironing and vacuuming, two things I'll have to face sooner or later today....

In the meantime: SotD is Premier Figuier, for a pleasantly sunny Spring Sunday.

(Plus, I couldn't resist doing some testing at my local Lush shop, and now I'm in bad need of a scrub- thanks to Furze, Karma and the smoky one- The Age of reason, if I remember correctly- which I thought I liked, but evidently it's not so...)

Have a nice Sunday!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Azzaro Pour Homme.
    My current top 10 (with no particular order):
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Costume National Scent Intense
    Terre d'Hermes EDT
    CK Eternity for Men
    Creed Aventus
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (Old Tin Can)
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    Costume National Homme

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Acqua di Gio EssenzA

Good Morning, everyone!

Returned yesterday from a great shopping trip. The only fragrance purchase was Elizabeth Arden Green Tea gift set wich included 3.3. Oz EdT and 3.3 oz body lotion. Also, I was lucky to find a matching shower gel on a separate shelf. I think I officially contracted PerfumedLadyitis .

In a nearby ULTA I spotted 2 sealed 3.4 oz bottles of Organza Indecence. As I am a lucky owner of one already, I am wondering if I should have run out with those two as well?

Halston EdC for me today. Enjoy your Sunday, everyone! And, of course, Happy Mother's Day!

Not particularly beautiful bottle, I know .

Nejma IV by Pascal Morabito

Lilybelle, ironing is an exercise in pain and frustration for me, so I'm sure you can understand why I don't like doing it.

I'm naturally right handed, but my right arm is now partially paralysed due to surgery to remove a tumour from that shoulder that enveloped the nerves to my arm. Because my right arm doesn't work I overuse my left arm and so consequently that sometimes gets injured. At the moment I've got a damaged clavicle joint and very annoyed rotator cuff on that shoulder, meaning that I can't lift that arm up either. Ironing is tough enough with one arm not functioning, but with neither arm working fully it takes all of the decent songs to sing to while I put myself through it all.

It may take gin too.

Bonjour Mesdames!

Happy Mother's Day to all moms (and moms of pets, too)!

I am in Amouage Reflection Woman today. I only think of it around this time of year.

ErinK, I think I can understand your frustration with 21. There are days I like it, and some not so much. It is definitely a winter fragrance for me. What I like about it is the way the spicy and creamy notes are combined.

Good morning, everyone!

What a gorgeous day, and it's extra nice after almost a week of rain and clouds. And since Mom's out of town, today's Tony's day! We're attending a crawfish boil to kick off American Craft Beer Week, and he's a big fan of this particular craft. I'm in the fresh and stemmy green goodness of Gucci Envy.

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Hello all. Diptyque Eau Lente.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

I've been having trouble trying to post again this morning, very frustrating!
    Anyone else having trouble?

Wearing Serge Lutens Bois de Violette today.

Hope you all have a nice and relaxing Sunday!

Basenotes Plus

Happy Mama's Day!

It's very beautiful here today, lots of flowers blooming.

P4035817.jpg

I have several "clumps" of this color and lots more.

My DH made breakfast for me this morning & then I called my family. I'm working later today but it should be fun.

Wearing Guerlain Rose Barbare today & loving it.

RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    Lilybelle, ironing is an exercise in pain and frustration for me, so I'm sure you can understand why I don't like doing it.

I'm naturally right handed, but my right arm is now partially paralysed due to surgery to remove a tumour from that shoulder that enveloped the nerves to my arm. Because my right arm doesn't work I overuse my left arm and so consequently that sometimes gets injured. At the moment I've got a damaged clavicle joint and very annoyed rotator cuff on that shoulder, meaning that I can't lift that arm up either. Ironing is tough enough with one arm not functioning, but with neither arm working fully it takes all of the decent songs to sing to while I put myself through it all.

It may take gin too.
    Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! That does make ironing tough. I doubt I would even bother under those circumstances. You are made of tougher stuff than I am! If I lived nearby I'd come over and do some ironing for you, as long as you wouldn't stand over me and say, "you missed a spot!"

I'm planning to give Narcisse Noir edt another try this afternoon/evening. It didn't love me a few weeks ago, but I'd sampled first thing in the morning before I'd even had a cup of tea. Some scents are not made to be worn before breakfast, at least not by me, and those usually have an indolic quality.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

I'm finishing a pastrami on rye (no cooking today!) and am wearing Evelyn. In a little bit I'll head over to Mom's to watch Hyde Park on Hudson with Mom.

SFMedusa, I gave up ironing entirely more than ten years ago. In a humid place, the clothes just wrinkle back up anyway, so it's a lot of work for about 10 minutes of smoothness. Knit fabrics FTW. But even the woven things, nope. Just smooth them out of the dryer, hang them and wear them however they end up.

Happy Mother's Day to all who have spawned offspring.

Mure et Musc Extreme

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    We're attending a crawfish boil to kick off American Craft Beer Week, and he's a big fan of this particular craft.

A man of impeccable taste - I've granted him the status of "Honorary Yorkshireman"

SotE - Bois du Portugal.

Evening All,

Started off just in No.5 soap, then post-run went with Habit Rouge (EdT), tonight is Habanita extrait, which Larimar sent me a long time ago. Such a unique take on vetiver.

I *wish* I liked ironing, it's such a drag. Takes me an age too, as I'm very particular (read: anal) about it.
    Great pics as always, Jon

Best to everyone.

Blog Entries

Evening all!

Sfmedusa; ironing does indeed sound like a painful ordeal for you. l hope the gin, the music & the wonderful Magie Noire got you through!

Lilybelle; l know what you mean about vacuuming making one irritable, it's that darned awful noise! And Narcisse Noir before breakfast; mucho respect to you! Hope it worked better for you today.

l'm unwinding after work with L'Heure Bleue this evening.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW; a very happy Mother's Day to all you mommas out there!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTE: Acqua di Gio Essenza

Armani Cuir Amethyste. Came back from work, grilling outside.

sfmedusa, lots of gentle hugs to you. I admire your attitude: my life in the most recent years is being shaped by tough girls and kind men. I have had a neighbor who in the minute of my personal crisis would stop by with a hammer and suggest redoing the curtain rods. Or just bark: "Hope in the tub and shave your legs! You will feel better". I did too!

Thanks for the hugs, but please don't feel sorry for me. I'm alive and I very nearly wasn't, so the answer to whether I'm a glass half full or a glass half empty sort of person is that I have a glass and for that I'm grateful

3 hours of ironing (with breaks in to allow my arms to rest) and I've got most of the way through the pile. Another little push in the morning and I'll have an empty basket for another week

Hope you've all had good days.

Blog Entries

SotE - Cuir de Russie by Chanel (from a sample, thanks axmaster45!)

Mille et Une Rose by Lancome

Have a great day!

SotD Fou d'Absinthe
    SotE Caron Pour un Homme