Code of Conduct

Default juicy couture dirty english, good or bad?

like the topic, what do you Think about Dirty English edt?
    i really want to try it

what the Girls Think of it?
    what you Think of it ?
    does it remind of Another fragrance?
    is it Worth buying?

btw. ive already order my 3 fragrances and i didnt take dirty English. you can comment them if you want to
    i took :

Lanvin Avant Garde

Yves Saint Laurent Body Kouros

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
    Last edited by grehn; 13th May 2013 at 08:22 PM.

Default Re: juicy couture dirty english, good or bad?

Speaking only for myself, I don't care for it at all.

you mean you dont like it?

It's one of the few fragrances I've bought and subsequently given away. Don't get me wrong - it's not terrible, it's just quite ordinary smelling. I have Gucci Pour Homme which I really like and Dirty English just smells like a poor version of it. Almost like the Gucci minus 2-3 notes. The sillage & longevity were terrible also. I suggest you smell it before buying (if possible) and if you like what you smell - buy Gucci PH instead!!!! You'll love it....!

It is mediocre as Derbyman said, but to answer your questions...

Will the girls like it? It has a honey and leather vibe with hints of tobacco in a clean way, it is pretty likeable.
    What do I think of it? I have it, I like it, but longevity and projection on me are not great. Was $20 at TJ Max and I wanted to see what the hype was about.
    Does it remind me of another fragrance? I can't really put a finger on it, but I would highly recommend going with DK Unleaded or Fuel if you can find it...smells much better and has Amen longevity.
    Is it worth buying? I keep this one in my car and use it every once in a while. It smells clean and earthy and it is worth a $20 for a large bottle.

Was an immediate re-sell for me. I remember it to be weak and that it reminded me of Eternity at some point (probably the mandarin orange, apple combo...the sandalwood, the vetyver...they actually seem to share quite a few notes, now that I'm looking at the pyramid. Perhaps my nose was quite right).

It's called the "cheap version" of Gucci pour Homme, and very, very similar to "Carbone" de Balmain.
    Smoke, wood, plus a sort of "industrial smell" with artificial and synthetic odors.
    If you find it a good price grab it, since it's discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Was an immediate re-sell for me. I remember it to be weak and that it reminded me of Eternity at some point (probably the mandarin orange, apple combo...the sandalwood, the vetyver...they actually seem to share quite a few notes, now that I'm looking at the pyramid. Perhaps my nose was quite right).
    I think you are right and anything that smells like Eternity would need to be moved on quickly imo -- real skanky top notes as well

I have a 5ml mini I wouldnt mind swapping if you cared to sample it with no cost. it is different, but i dont see wearing it much with my huge collection. You dont have anything listed in your wardrobe yet, but PM me if you want.

Unremarkable in all aspects.

Banned
    Blog Entries

similiar to gucci pour homme and tommy bahama. cedar/incense based but lacks the longevity of the 2 prior. a good buy but tommy bahama is better for the price and gucci is triple the price but far more superior..

Quote Originally Posted by axmaster45 View Post
    I have a 5ml mini I wouldnt mind swapping if you cared to sample it with no cost. it is different, but i dont see wearing it much with my huge collection. You dont have anything listed in your wardrobe yet, but PM me if you want.
    i dont live is usa, but thx anyway

I didn't care for it.

okay, but bahama and Gucci is way more expensive right :P? , but do you Think its Worth it, its sale on that fragrance 65% on a cheap website here in sweden, it does cost 25 $ for 50ml , maybe its Worth a try, if it smells like shit then i can throw it away, when its so cheap. if i just look at the price.

- - - Updated - - -

if i can see what all Thinks its like nothing special with this fragrance, but its Worth the Money?

I own and love Dirty English. Longevity is a little weak, but something about the scent reminds me of my childhood up at the lake. One of the best bottles on the market also. Great value IMO.

I don't really think this would be a favorite among the female crowd however.

Fragrance for bad boys...if you like Dior line up probably you won't like this .

A unique scent for the price range but just not my cup of tea. I purchased but eventually got rid of it.
    Not good or bad just OK
    My current obsessions for now
    Oud Wood , Noir de Noir , DHI , Mugler Cologne , Bond No.9 Bleeker St. ,
    Ramone Monegal Agar Musk & Umbra , Chanel Coromondel ,

Bad. Not even worth the discounted price that it's going for these days.

ive never tried any dior fragrance , but i really like Armani code and le male and ive used much sweet fragrances i can say, but maybe it could be fun with a lil bit more masculine and not just sweet parfumes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Bad. Not even worth the discounted price that it's going for these days.
    ohh :/ , many dislikes on this fragrance

I think you won't like it. This fragrance smells different.. very different .

Quote Originally Posted by grehn View Post
    ive never tried any dior fragrance , but i really like Armani code and le male and ive used much sweet fragrances i can say, but maybe it could be fun with a lil bit more masculine and not just sweet parfumes.

- - - Updated - - -

ohh :/ , many dislikes on this fragrance

For me a very puzzling scent. It's okay, and it doesn't seem to last long or project much as far as I can tell. Which I didn't mind given the $20 I paid for a tester of it (less the $10 voucher I used towards that $20).

BUT - when I talked to the girls in the perfume shop, they genuinely seemed to think it was loud and strong.
    And my wife was annoyed with me one night over the strong stuff I was wearing, as she was trying to watch TV - and I couldn't smell any of the Dirty English I'd sprayed on earlier in the day.

Interesting the less than positive comments above. Times change, but I remember when it first came out it was the scent on the lips of a lot of people around here, and it was being recommended a lot in numerous "please help me" threads - so much so that I made an effort to locate and test it to see what so many were going on about.
    Regards,
    Renato

Great bottle, nice scent - if a little ordinary. In my experience the 20 somethings really like this one!

Worth it for a discount, not for 50$ +

maybe its Worth a try on Another maybe disqualified fragrance instead, l'essence de Cerruti, seems to be hard to find, but maybe its better!

Heard a lot of things about it, if you close your eyes and forget its brand name,
    Im sure it would good marks in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by fraghead93 View Post
    Heard a lot of things about it, if you close your eyes and forget its brand name,
    Im sure it would good marks in your eyes.
    okay, its like 1/3 who likes it and the other Thinks its bad, so it would be a risky blindbuy :P

It was a meh for me, but I sure watched out where I was spraying it because it will stain fabric.

Leather booze for the brooding man.

I own it and like it, but I never wear it because I always end up reaching for other scents instead, such as Gucci Pour Homme 1, M7 Oud Absolu or even Fahrenheit.

I'm not saying Dirty English smells like those though. I'm just saying that it's a nice dark scent, but I have other dark scents I tend to reach for instead.

If you enjoy oud, or if you want a cheap way to find out if you like oud, Dirty English is a great place to start.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

ahh ive done my decision, i skip this fragrance and go for body kouros instead, a lot of positive Reviews on it and only 7$ more and its a 1,7 oz bottle , the same as Dirty English, so thats maybe a better buy!

It's a nice fragrance IMO, dark woody leathery. Discontinued but luckily the price for a bottle is very low atm so it offers good value for money. I bought mine cheap too, i wouldn't want to pay full retail for it though. FWIW, I bought mine blind as it wasn't sold here in shops. No regrets, I still reach for it from time to time in the cooler months.

Carbone didn't remind me of DE. BTW, Carbone turns very sweet in the drydown, whereas DE doesn't.
    Last edited by Beftus; 13th May 2013 at 06:51 PM.
    by the time you can afford good speakers, you can't hear the difference

It's pure AWESOMENESS in a bottle!!!

now ive order my fragrances, i didnt take Dirty English, i took "lanvin avant garde 1,7oz" , "yves Saint Laurent body kouros 1,7oz " and Lolita lempicka au masculin 1,7oz, hope i took the right fragrances after all, haha now when ive already ordered, all the dudes that really likes Dirty English truly will come! xD

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Gucci pour Homme I without the frills. I definitely like it. The beauty of frags is they can both bring together or fragment the Basenotes community. Sort of political in that sense.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Gucci pour Homme I without the frills. I definitely like it. The beauty of frags is they can both bring together or fragment the Basenotes community. Sort of political in that sense.
    yeah thats a good answer , should maybe have bought Dirty English, like all my fragrances now have something with vanilla/tonka bean and, so should have been nice with something different from what i normally use!:P

BTW you got a badass fragrance Collection!!, cant Believe how you can afford all that, cant be a small amount of Money

I own a bottle and it has a dry woodsy campfire vibe to it. Longevity and projection were below average for me. More of an indoor skin scent. I wouldn't get it again, but it's probably worth the $20 most Marshall's, Ross, TJMAXX, used to sell it for. Agree it is similar to GPH I.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

for the price Douglas charge--70 euros is not absolutely worth it, it's cheapo to the bones in every sense!

DE is one cool, boozy frag for a night on the prowl imho. It's quite cheap online and supposedly discontinued.

I like it. I bought it into work a couple years ago for the girls to smell and they all went crazy over it. One girl said it smelled like Colin Farrel. Another said it smelled like a man whore. Both good compliments in my book.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Activates my gag reflex, no joke.

Tough luck, you've just missed a panty dropper

now ive order my fragrances, i didnt take Dirty English, i took "lanvin avant garde 1,7oz" , "yves Saint Laurent body kouros 1,7oz " and Lolita lempicka au masculin 1,7oz, hope i took the right fragrances after all, haha now when ive already ordered, all the dudes that really likes Dirty English truly will come! xD

what the Girls Think of it? You are better off with crowd pleasers if that is what you are looking for
    what you Think of it ? It is good
    does it remind of Another fragrance?
    is it Worth buying? Yes , especially considering it is for $20 on amazon

I find it quite good for the price it demands but there are many better options available. If you're itching to buy something cheap then you can buy this anytime else go for Gucci pH I or even Tommy Bahama original.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

haha its pretty much positive comments about it now, so i will see tomorrow when i get the other 3 i ordered if it was Worth skipping this ome

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I like it. I bought it into work a couple years ago for the girls to smell and they all went crazy over it. One girl said it smelled like Colin Farrel. Another said it smelled like a man whore. Both good compliments in my book.
    yep, that's pretty much the vibe it gives XD

""I like it. I bought it into work a couple years ago for the girls to smell and they all went crazy over it. One girl said it smelled like Colin Farrel. Another said it smelled like a man whore. Both good compliments in my book"".

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    yep, that's pretty much the vibe it gives XD
    now you make me regret my decision to not buy :P
    Last edited by grehn; 14th May 2013 at 08:58 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Not a bottle worthy fragrance.

just ask someone to send you a decant of 10 ml.

When I heard that it was similar to Gucci pour Homme I, I blind bought it immediately but they are miles away.

It is too synthetic for me and a disturbing smell.

ohh didnt know Dirty English was a synthetic fragrance, lucky that i didnt take it then:P

Your other 3 are also synthetic

ohh didnt know Dirty English was a synthetic fragrance, lucky that i didnt take it then:P

hahah okay, hope thay are good synthetic schents then

Man Whore - what a great name for a fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Man Whore - what a great name for a fragrance.
    Haha they could just bring back Dirty English and rename it that. It's certainly a bad boy smell and something a GQ man would wear in a perfectly tailored grey suit and wingtip shoes.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock