Code of Conduct

Thread: Gucci.

Default Gucci.

Well it seems to be my lucky day, the sales rep who was organizing the gucci pour homme I
    for me for 57$/50ml just called me up and told me theres an old 100ml biting the dust for
    64$/100ml.

It was a moment of pure joy. I was just about to do the happy dance when he
    said, "Sir, theres one more old perfume by gucci, would you do me a favour and get it off my
    back?" (My heart raced, "no, it cant be, ive just been reading up on this one, i never have luck
    with discontinued ones") I asked him which one was it.

Sales rep : Asking someone loudly, "what was the name again ?
    Sir its called something Envy by gucci, green colour
    juice, black cap, 50ml"

(My heart beats at the speed its never been at as i rejoice with a fist punch)

Me : Hmmm, I dont really like this one, but i'll help you out
    since you hooked me up with GPH I, but I dont want
    to spend much, I cant do more than 35$ ( expecting
    him to try and bargain with me. )

Sales rep : Done, when can you come collect it ?

Me : Speechless.

Sales rep : Sir ?

Me : *Thinking to myself, even if your in the deepest darkest
    corner of hell, i'll come take it.*
    Is tomorrow fine ?

Sales rep : I'll see you then sir.

I hang up the phone, trying hard to accept the fact that im spending 100 $ for maybe
    two of the most awesome scents back in the day, the same amount I would have spent
    maybe for a silly Chanel or Creed.

Are they worth they price, especially envy since ive heard that there is again same refor
    -mulation debate, "light green" vs "dark green juice" ?

Also saw a thread that reported a 50ml fake, Why did they start producing fakes in the
    smaller size ? So much soo for the advice that people give there are no fakes for the
    smaller sizes.

There would be no returns expected, thats for sure.

So guys, should i take the risk with envy ?
    was that only one freak case, or has anyone else who owns envy had a similar experience ?

I'm definitely going ahead with GPH I, but there are fakes reported of this one too, right ?

Thanks for your time.
    Regards.

Default Re: Gucci.

Great steal.

Run there, don't walk!

Take it and run!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    Great steal.
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Run there, don't walk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Grab it and rejoice!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Take it and run!
    I suggest do what others said. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I'm jealous, but still happy for you !

run run run !!!!
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Very lucky! I hope we all get to have such a pleasant experience!

If you like them they're worth it. To me, I won't buy something just because it's cheap. I have the same bottle of Gucci PH I bought in 2005. I think it's ok, but I wear it rarely.

Envy on the other hand I like quite a bit. I just finished my last bottle. Trying to find a bottle at a decent price. Unfortunately there are folks out there trying to capitalize on it by pushing fakes as authentic bottles.

Nothing against you, obviously because I don't know, but I have a hard time believing you. I'm in NYC, and I've been to Gucci quite frequently. I can't really afford the couture or most of the off the rack, but on occasion, I'll pick up some loafers or a belt or tie, or dress shirt. I'm very friendly with a saleswoman who told me, the boutiques have nothing to do with the Gucci fragrances, and that Proctor and Gamble holds the license. She told me it would be no different than her finding me a Prada or Dolce scent. She said that they have released a newer high end one called Museo, which all boutiques will be carrying, but that's it.

Again, I hope you're telling the truth, and if you are I really am for you because that's some steal! Part of my also thinks, why would someone make that up. And then I just think about all the crazy stuff people do online and who knows......

My 2 cents.

Thank you all for your replies, eagerly awaiting for tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mheusler View Post
    Nothing against you, obviously because I don't know, but I have a hard time believing you. I'm in NYC, and I've been to Gucci quite frequently. I can't really afford the couture or most of the off the rack, but on occasion, I'll pick up some loafers or a belt or tie, or dress shirt. I'm very friendly with a saleswoman who told me, the boutiques have nothing to do with the Gucci fragrances, and that Proctor and Gamble holds the license. She told me it would be no different than her finding me a Prada or Dolce scent. She said that they have released a newer high end one called Museo, which all boutiques will be carrying, but that's it.

Again, I hope you're telling the truth, and if you are I really am for you because that's some steal! Part of my also thinks, why would someone make that up. And then I just think about all the crazy stuff people do online and who knows......

My 2 cents.

Hey,
    Thanks for the reply, the thing is in the country that im from, in the past 6-10 years, there
    has been a lot of supply in the fragrance department, but due to high markups( high import
    duty ), close to negligible knowledge on the customers part and a very low demand, there
    are many gems lying in a drawer, unsold. This is the point ive capitalized on and thats why
    something from 5 years ago is still lying unsold, very recently i came across a dior homme
    whose batch code started from 5, that means 2005, that means the year it came out in !
    Obviously i snagged it.

I hope i answered your doubts.

Get it quick.....I missed a similar offer at the local mall...it was gone when I came back

Lol, hey don't even sweat it bro. I hope it works out for you, and I'm sure you'll post picks so we can all see. If I were you I'd be so amped

Hey,
    Thanks for the reply, the thing is in the country that im from, in the past 6-10 years, there
    has been a lot of supply in the fragrance department, but due to high markups( high import
    duty ), close to negligible knowledge on the customers part and a very low demand, there
    are many gems lying in a drawer, unsold. This is the point ive capitalized on and thats why
    something from 5 years ago is still lying unsold, very recently i came across a dior homme
    whose batch code started from 5, that means 2005, that means the year it came out in !
    Obviously i snagged it.

I hope i answered your doubts.[/QUOTE]

I wish stuff like this happened to me Great finds, enjoy your juice
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

I would run as fast as Forest Gump to get it. Do it NOW

Congrats !

You can sell both very easily for at least double what you paid if you end up not liking them.

Sweet!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Just a quick update guys, went to the store today, brought the gucci pour homme,
    and when I asked for the envy, I dont know if he did some kind of research, but he
    said someone offered him 150$ for it and he would only give it to me if I made a higher
    offer, I thought he would be bluffing and still tried to bargain. but he was adamant,
    I felt let down but knew it would not make sense to pursue him.

Well, I atleast have the gucci pour homme and the pencil shavings description is the
    closest you can get to describe it, amazing scent with ridiculous longevity.

P.S- hope the Gucci rep didnt make a new account yesterday and read my thread
    causing his change of decision, LOL.

Thanks for all your help guys.
    Regards.