Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
o

Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD 14th May 2013, TUESDAY

Evening all!

After walking back from work through gale-force winds & rain, l've come home to the comfort of vintage Shalimar PDT. Aaaah, that's better!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ashoka by Neela Vermeire

Hey again -

I've got a bit of exciting news! I'd been leading a barre class (a combination of ballet, pilates and yoga) at the ballet academy while the regular instructor was on vacation, and now that she's back she's decided she doesn't want it anymore, so it's mine for the taking. It's pretty tough, but it's only twice a week so I think I can handle it ...at least I hope I can 'cause I think I'm going to take it ...eek! Tony's so funny - he insists on calling the barre a "pole" (as in "stripper") and keeps telling me we can have one installed if I want to practice at home, lol ...what a thoughtful guy, huh?

Anyway, I'm in Dune now. Y'all enjoy the rest of your day!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    Today I am twinning houses with Evangeline. I was so inspired by her post yesterday I had to put on some vintage Chanel No. 19 this morning, from a sample. I have been a bit intimidated by this one so this is my first try. I love it and, true to the ad copy, feel tres chic and confident in it. I can see this becoming a favorite.
    It's a beauty alright - enjoy it! And the great news is that it's still gorgeous, so imo, there's no need to worry about hunting down the vintage stuff. The parfum and edp are a bit more irissy and leathery, while the edt is rosy, fresh and green ...I love them all and frequently wear them layered this way or that for the full, glorious effect. You just can't go wrong with any formulation or vintage - they're all beautiful. You really picked a winner!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good evening everyone,
    Wearing Coco Edp

image.jpg

Basenotes Plus

Congrats, Mrs E - we know you can handle it

^ Omg ...I see you share Tony's idea of it, lol! (Just in case y'all don't know the difference, a barre is horizontal!)

Thanks Jon - I'll do my best!

Oh, I almost forgot to add my own "Happy Birthday" wishes for Robin's sweet little one. I hope she has a perfectly marvelous day!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 14th May 2013 at 08:03 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    It's a beauty alright - enjoy it! And the great news is that it's still gorgeous, so imo, there's no need to worry about hunting down the vintage stuff. The parfum and edp are a bit more irissy and leathery, while the edt is rosy, fresh and green ...I love them all and frequently wear them layered this way or that for the full, glorious effect. You just can't go wrong with any formulation or vintage - they're all beautiful. You really picked a winner!
    You *just* answered my question! I have been trying to read about any reformulating with it and was on ebay looking at vintage bottles. I am so glad to hear you say the current formulation is just as good! Now I have to decide on edp/edt. Honestly, I'm not even sure of the concentration of my sample.

I had a little "Yay!!" moment during the drydown. I was smelling my wrist and thought to myself: "Hmm...this smeels like a chypre!" and then did read some reviews...and lo and behold, it IS a chypre! I'm sure you guys are giggling at me, but to be able to identify a chypre felt like a little personal achievement! I was so proud of myself!
    Currently wearing: Mythique by Delrae

Concentre D'Orange Verte.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Blog Entries

ErinK, l'm sure we can all identify with those little moments of recognition. You go girl, you're doin' great!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ashoka by Neela Vermeire

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    You *just* answered my question! I have been trying to read about any reformulating with it and was on ebay looking at vintage bottles. I am so glad to hear you say the current formulation is just as good! Now I have to decide on edp/edt. Honestly, I'm not even sure of the concentration of my sample.

I had a little "Yay!!" moment during the drydown. I was smelling my wrist and thought to myself: "Hmm...this smeels like a chypre!" and then did read some reviews...and lo and behold, it IS a chypre! I'm sure you guys are giggling at me, but to be able to identify a chypre felt like a little personal achievement! I was so proud of myself!
    And you should be proud - oakmoss is an important component of it - but just to clarify as there's a lot of misinformation going around about chypres these days, No19 can't technically be classified as a chypre since it lacks the labdanum required. It's generally considered a "Green Floral" ...a rather broad category, but there it is. But the term "chypre" has become very loose recently, so anything that smell vaguely mossy is likely to be called a chypre now, or a "modern chypre" ...also anything with patchouli, it seems. But that mustn't diminish your feeling of accomplishment - No19 is extremely well blended and I find the notes rather seamless, so kudos to you for picking them apart!

Blog Entries

SOTE: Scentstory 24 Gold

Congratulations Evangeline on the new job, we all know you are super capable, you'll do great!!

So sorry to hear about the problem with the Amouages you bought, iivanita. It's hard to believe any Basenoter would be so dishonest. It makes me wary of ever buying anything on there. I really hope there is some solution to the problem.

Wearing Idylle eau Sublime this afternoon.

Basenotes Institution

I will take Jon the cabana boy in his hip attire (pun intended) any time. Especially now that the weather man did not tell the whole truth and we are at 107F (for those who do not know, it is ri-freaking-diculous hot and the jump of 70 degrees in two days is NO fun).

E., delighted to hear your job news. You are doing it anyway, why not get paid while you are engaged in something you enjoy?

Robin, happy birthday to your little one. Maths like this always inspire awe.

iivanita
    , I feel for you. Technically, the amount should not matter, as it is the matter of principle, but it was a huge amount. Sorry this person let you down.

Speaking of which, I know I owe packages to our four people, please let me until next week -- Mr.T is still recovering from that terrible crud I had brought home, so here....

Wearing Hanae Mori No.1 -- pink and girly (no longer available from parfum1 though).
    Currently wearing: Omnia Paraiba by Bulgari

The power of bleu

I'm testing Chanel 1932 today. Pretty, but probably not FBW for me. (I'm actually sort of relieved, since I really can't afford it anyway!) Working late on call tonight ...

Hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu
    Currently wearing: Lilac Love by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Jicky Edp tonight
    3x2(nyz)4a

Leaves glide to soft ground
    Below, cicadas await
    Time itself a dream