• Loewe Solo

8 42.11%
  • Diesel Fuel for Life

4 21.05%
  • Hugo by Hugo Boss

4 21.05%

Default Choosing a men's fragrance

Which fragrance should I buy? Vote please and give reason why if any

Edit: I got CK Be already from a long time ago. Should've put that in the poll.

Default Re: Choosing a men's fragrance

Loewe Solo would be the least worst option IMO.

Another vote for Loewe Solo

I'd check out some different options, there are so many fragrances out there that are far superior to these in my opinion, I wouldn't narrow your choices to these picks but yes I'd say diesel or loewe solo

I would not limit to these options but if forced I suppose Euphoria Intense
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Can't you get something better ?
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Well, I'm not that bothered by prices. I just assesed the smell of these. If you can come up with something nicer, please let me know as I appreciate your opinions. Btw, I just realised I don't like Hugo by Hugo Boss that much. Haha

few examples that cross my mind: Chrome Azzaro, Gucci Homme II, Gucci Envy, La Nuit de l'Homme, Dior Homme
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Nice stuff, will look for them. I tried Gucci Homme II, it's good (like Gucci by Gucci but Tea leaves version), Dior Homme is good also but I don't dig it. Gucci Envy is discontinued though.
    Last edited by vitilsky; 14th May 2013 at 08:22 PM.

Diesel.

Diesel, if I had to pick one.

If you're trying to find a signature scent, the smart way to do it is to go to a store, try a bunch on paper. Pick two to test. Spray one on your left arm and one on your right. ALSO: make sure you bring pen and a notepad with you to the store. Write down the name of every frag you try and jot down your thoughts, even if the stuff you write down makes no sense. Just write what you think.

Later that night, as you're smelling where you sprayed your arms, go to Fragrantica.com and look up all of the frags you tried. Look at the list of notes. Read reviews. Compare all of that with your own thoughts you jotted down. After a while, you'll start noticing things. For example, I assumed I liked aquatics and sporty scents. As it turns out, I DON'T. I also noticed how often vetiver shows up in scents I don't like.

By figuring out what you like and don't like, it becomes easier to find frags you'll love instead of trying to pick one from a few names you know.

In the price range you're looking at, there are so many better choices.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Fuel For Life. Because it has a very nice anise note and it is made by Annick Menardo.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    If you're trying to find a signature scent, the smart way to do it is to go to a store, try a bunch on paper. Pick two to test. Spray one on your left arm and one on your right. ALSO: make sure you bring pen and a notepad with you to the store. Write down the name of every frag you try and jot down your thoughts, even if the stuff you write down makes no sense. Just write what you think.

Later that night, as you're smelling where you sprayed your arms, go to Fragrantica.com and look up all of the frags you tried. Look at the list of notes. Read reviews. Compare all of that with your own thoughts you jotted down. After a while, you'll start noticing things. For example, I assumed I liked aquatics and sporty scents. As it turns out, I DON'T. I also noticed how often vetiver shows up in scents I don't like.

By figuring out what you like and don't like, it becomes easier to find frags you'll love instead of trying to pick one from a few names you know.

In the price range you're looking at, there are so many better choices.
    That's good advice. I have actually been on Fragrantica, looking for stuff to assess, and done the tests in the shops. I realised I like woody and/or musky scents with maybe a touch of amber, balsam or something sweet and/or zingy to complement, but the latter is not always the case. The reason I ask is because in reality perfumes are a world apart and, as for example in the case of Fuel for Life, the main notes is a combo of raspberries and anise which works surprisingly well in my opinion. If you imagine it, it would sound strange to do that, but "in reality" the mixes are infinite. I just picked some I tried and did not disgust me or let's say matched with me somehow, and try to go from there.
    Last edited by vitilsky; 14th May 2013 at 10:33 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

diesel fuel for life has great longevity and great berry note that lingers throughot entire scent.