Code of Conduct

Question Suggestions on the best mascara..??

I'm having trouble finding the right one. I'm using Maybelline plumping right now but it's just not working out.

Any suggestions on a long lasting, plumping, heavy, thick mascara?

Thanks
    Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving....

Never forget your principles

Favorite quote " I was ripped off in Pound Land "

Default Re: Suggestions on the best mascara..??

YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils!
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

I personally like Guerlain Cils D'Enger Maxi Lash Mascara - the great thing about it is that you can layer it and it will not look clumpy. I once got bought something for me called Prolash+ which was a very thick mascara - might want to give that a Google.

Givenchy Phenomen'eyes is cool stuff...

As one who's tried many mascaras over the years, spent loads of money on expensive ones, here is what I've finally figured out. Thick lashes have very little to do with the forumaltion, which actually varies minimally and everything to do with the style of brush applicator and application technique.

If your lashes are sparse, you would want a brush that is also sparse otherwise you'll get glops. If that is the case, try the original Maybelline Great Lash in the Pink/Neon Green bottle. Apply a generous coat. Then apply again. Then apply again. What you want is to build up the Mascara on each lash slowly. As you apply each coat, lift all the way to the ends to extend length.

When you apply at the root, wiggle the wand gently back and forth to get to the very root, then lift up and out.

If you get mascara on the skin, allow it to dry then gently rub away with a clean Q-tip.

Honestly, you don't need to spend big money on mascara. Maybelline has many different brush styles and formulations to allow for any type of lash so start by going through the line and work on perfecting technique. Also, don't forget to curl your lashes before you apply, never after.

Shu Uemura lash curler for me and two coats of Shiseido Perfect Mascara Defining Volume works a treat and it's waterproof. Great for my teary nights at the Opera.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Portmouth View Post
    What is their pricing I wonder?
    I just bought an another set for my travel bag since I'll be away a bit this year. They are around $20-$25 per item depending on where you get them.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran