Code of Conduct

Default This man wears Kouros to work everyday, so I stopped wearing Kouros

So we hired a new employee just a few weeks ago...he's in his early 50's..... i guess hes a true 80's man...he wears Kouros to work everyday as his signature scent... and when i said signature scent...he marks his territory with kouros... when you walk towards his side of the office, you can smell kouros in the air... He must of sprayed like 6+ spray every morning...and i'm sure he must keep a bottle in his desk to freshen up in the afternoon.....i dont know if anyone else recognize this odor, but i sure do... no need for me to wear kouros to work in my rotation once every 6 month anymore, because this guy just made it Kouros World everyday at work....
    Last edited by change1; 15th May 2013 at 11:17 AM.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: This man wears Kouros to work everyday, so I stopped wearing Kouros

A great man I must say.
    6 sprays of kouros, wow.

[img]http://***********************/instances/400x/35113247.jpg[/img]

Kudos to that man for sticking to his guns - my previous boss wears Paco Rabanne PH every day without fail, and I didn't mind wearing other frags during the week. I'll grant you that PR PH is a bit more restrained than Kouros, and he only wore a couple of sprays.

You've got another 33 fragrances, I say let the bloke have Kouros in the office. Besides, it's not the single greatest frag there is.
    Oh, and on the days where you really want to wear Kouros, you can save your juice and just go talk to him. If it's half as over-applied as you say, you can wear his Kouros just by having a five minute conversation with the guy.
    You'll be fragranced and frugal.

Also, you could always wear 6 sprays of Antaeus or A*Men, walk to his desk and chant "fight fight fight" until one fragrance is declared the victor.

He must be a real babe magnet in the office.

He sounds cool. Did you notice panties near his desk, colleagues flushing when he approaches or did things like this happen?

Yes, a cougar magnet, but i'm pretty sure the young babe in their early 20's are not magnetize to this Kouros scent at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    He must be a real babe magnet in the office.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

It's a great fragrance, but anymore than a one spray walk through and it can be a problem.

No, it's more like this....

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    He sounds cool. Did you notice panties near his desk, colleagues flushing when he approaches or did things like this happen?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

On one hand, quite brave of him to do this, on the 6 sprays of Kouros is indeed a bit to overdone, even in a fragrance-tolerating (as opposed to fragrance free) office environment.

Sounds a bit difficult.
    I think I could cope with the smell of Kouros every day but I accept I will be in the minority

I like Kouros and don't think it is aged...

Just wait, I bet he gets promoted before you!

I love Kouros, and I would make it a point of becoming his friend. And this should lead to an important discussion about over-application and rotating one's wardrobe.

Obviously he has good taste.

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    Yes, a cougar magnet, but i'm pretty sure the young babe in their early 20's are not magnetize to this Kouros scent at all...
    don't use the c word,man! I got a ticket here for using that, apparently it's derogatory slang!?

btw, I spray more than six with interlude man, go figure!

Try offering him a sample of something else. You never know.

Basenotes Plus

If I was his boss...

Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

If I were his boss...

...he'd be in line for a promotion!

All you need is 2-3 sprays of Kouros , 6 sprays is ridiculous IMO. In any case its an amazing fragrance but I could not wear it EVERY DAY, thats a bit much lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are all the posts between May and October, I feel like im in a time warp

Is your office in the men's bathroom?

(Sorry, I couldn't help it.)

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Is your office in the men's bathroom?

(Sorry, I couldn't help it.)
    Haha good one.

As much as I like Kouros, I never commit myself to a bottle because I believe I won't be able to finish 10ml in my lifetime.

I understand your problem. I wouldn't like to wear a fragrance that my fellows or friends are wearing. I like to think of a fragrance as a part of me, that nobody else should smell like. Therefore I (almost) never buy stuff from the "top-10 list". But that's usually not a problem, because I found them quite boring ;-). Kouros, I could wear without problem. Most people today steer away from this scent. At least in my country.. I like it though!

I feel for you Oslo, but unless one owns a bespoke scent, this is bound to happen.

Just continuing in wearing what you like and don't let it bother you.

The man has taste. You can strike up a friendship with him.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    this guy just made it Kouros World everyday at work....
    Haha, I don't want to visit this place... :P

I recently purchased a bottle of Kouros (older formulation) and I like it a lot. There's plenty of people that like wearing modern metrosexual scents that don't project for fear of offending anyone and that only last a few hours, I'll just stick to my Kouros and YSL Pour Homme. image.jpg

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Also, you could always wear 6 sprays of Antaeus or A*Men, walk to his desk and chant "fight fight fight" until one fragrance is declared the victor.
    Yes! Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Matkinson View Post
    Haha, I don't want to visit this place... :P
    Kouros is the best scent ever created by a far margin - so I would love to visit that place !!
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

There was this guy at the office that wore it daily. Heavily. Under polyester shirts...

He was a Philosophy PhD candidate without any kind of criteria as to clothes and grooming. He dealt everything with a sarcastic tone and a "don't mess with me" look, which as a matter of fact, is typical of the anarchic view of the world shared by his University's fellows at the Humanities Department. He is 35. Still lives with his mother.

His thesis was about two dark early Middle Age philosophers. He got an A. He is into theater, produces the local version of "off Broadway" shows and, well, it is the kind of person with a 0,55 % probability (and a +/- 0,05 margin of error) of being liked, and a 1,45 % (and a +/- 0,05 margin of error) of being diplomatically treated. This leaves us with a 98 % probability of finding him unbereable upon meeting him.

That did not stop nor killed my affection for Kouros.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    There was this guy at the office that wore it daily. Heavily. Under polyester shirts...

He was a Philosophy PhD candidate without any kind of criteria as to clothes and grooming. He dealt everything with a sarcastic tone and a "don't mess with me" look, which as a matter of fact, is typical of the anarchic view of the world shared by his University's fellows at the Humanities Department. He is 35. Still lives with his mother.

His thesis was about two dark early Middle Age philosophers. He got an A. He is into theater, produces the local version of "off Broadway" shows and, well, it is the kind of person with a 0,55 % probability (and a +/- 0,05 margin of error) of being liked, and a 1,45 % (and a +/- 0,05 margin of error) of being diplomatically treated. This leaves us with a 98 % probability of finding him unbereable upon meeting him.

That did not stop nor killed my affection for Kouros.
    Pollux, if that experience won't kill your love for Kouros, nothing will.

Spray on!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

We have two mega-sillage cologne wearers at our ad agency. Neither wear Kouros, but one wears another power scent that's also notorious here on Basenotes.

That man in question wears famously potent A*Men (and multiple flankers), while the other manages somehow to overdose on super-light Versace Man Eau Fraiche. After the former swims a mile during lunch break, takes a shower, and sprays on A*Men, the sillage permeates way beyond his cubicle. As for the latter, his whole office smells like Versace Man Eau Fraiche.

Myself? I typically wear a light spritz of Terre d'Hermes parfum, M7, or Straight to Heaven to that same office, and always get compliments.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebud View Post
    I like Kouros and don't think it is aged...

Just wait, I bet he gets promoted before you!
    Har Har Har

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Pollux, if that experience won't kill your love for Kouros, nothing will.

Spray on!
    Sure I do, Primrose!

It does remind me of him, but in my case, it does not spare me the pleasure of wearing it. It is a matter of timings, I use it off-office.

It's simple. You kill the new employee.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    It's simple. You kill the new employee.
    Discreetly, you don't want the staines of blood all over the office, nor its smell. You might as well use Blood Concept A (or whatever the name is) for the occasion.

Be glad he doesn't wear Amouage Homage Attar on a daily basis as it's your favorite scent.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Kouros
    Havana
    Azzaro

They all suck-forgive me powerhouse lovers

I sampled Kouros several times and still don't know what is smells like. After the initial top note blast has faded, it goes through at least 5 changes as middle notes. I don't remember the end now because I can't keep track. Or maybe it's just this way on my skin.

I'm a mid-forties, ex-forces, ex-football hooligan, big, bald, bearded, nail-bending, rock-climbing, sexual Tyrannosaurus.

I am 'the Kouros man' at work - and proud of it.

Hi Guys

I have also found an Australian seller who has 100ml kouros.

I got the following info from them, are you able to tell me if its the good stuff?

I know its not the vintage stuff but does anyone know if it is the one with the metal base and shoulders?

there is a number 81050 printed in white on the base of the box and 9DBA embossed on the base of the box.

Kind regards

Neil Kapoor

Quote Originally Posted by neilk83 View Post
    Hi Guys

I have also found an Australian seller who has 100ml kouros.

I got the following info from them, are you able to tell me if its the good stuff?

I know its not the vintage stuff but does anyone know if it is the one with the metal base and shoulders?

there is a number 81050 printed in white on the base of the box and 9DBA embossed on the base of the box.

Kind regards

Neil Kapoor
    April 2009... i *think * its metal plates...

Sounds like you might be ready to part with your Kouros. PM me if you are. I'd be willing to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Kudos to that man for sticking to his guns - my previous boss wears Paco Rabanne PH every day without fail, and I didn't mind wearing other frags during the week. I'll grant you that PR PH is a bit more restrained than Kouros, and he only wore a couple of sprays.

You've got another 33 fragrances, I say let the bloke have Kouros in the office. Besides, it's not the single greatest frag there is.
    Oh, and on the days where you really want to wear Kouros, you can save your juice and just go talk to him. If it's half as over-applied as you say, you can wear his Kouros just by having a five minute conversation with the guy.
    You'll be fragranced and frugal.

Haha.
    LOWBROW TO THE CORE