Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Wardrobe Issues.

Just letting people know of a known wardrobe issue.

Whilst data from the Huddler site should arrive here soon, adding new purchases not on that system may prove difficult if a sample of the fragrance is also added here at the moment.

It may be an idea just to add the full bottle of 'scent x' to collections until this is resolved as adding a sample of 'scent x' as well is currently causing some difficulties.

Will post here once the issue has been resolved.
    Last edited by lpp; 28th October 2013 at 02:52 PM.

Basenotes Member

Default Re: Wardrobe Issues.

Sub'd so that I know when the issue will be resolved

Basenotes Plus

Currently outstanding but on the list, phi - when an issue has been resolved, the answer should be posted here & the thread should then be closed.

-
    This post was made as an issue

When choosing SOTD from the wardrobe I get this error message. I don't get it every time, but maybe 50% of the time I choose a fragrance. Despite the message, SOTD is shown as registered.

Warning: unlink(/home/basenot2/public_html/ca/sotdside.php) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /home/basenot2/public_html/bn-inc/functions.php on line 60

Warning: unlink(/home/basenot2/public_html/ca/sotdsidecms.php) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /home/basenot2/public_html/bn-inc/functions.php on line 60

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/basenot2/public_html/bn-inc/functions.php:60) in /home/basenot2/public_html/bn_sotd.php on line 219

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/basenot2/public_html/bn-inc/functions.php:60) in /home/basenot2/public_html/bn_sotd.php on line 220
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Basenotes Plus

Never had that so far, furrypine - will go & test one now.

Edit - slow loading initially, but no problems.
    Is it a particular product?

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Never had that so far, furrypine - will go & test one now.

Edit - slow loading initially, but no problems.
    Is it a particular product?
    No, it seems random, I see no pattern when it happens and when it does not...
    - Dorothy Parker

Basenotes Plus

Oh dear - wonder if it's happening to many other members?

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    When choosing SOTD from the wardrobe I get this error message. I don't get it every time, but maybe 50% of the time I choose a fragrance. Despite the message, SOTD is shown as registered.

Warning: unlink(/home/basenot2/public_html/ca/sotdside.php) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /home/basenot2/public_html/bn-inc/functions.php on line 60

Warning: unlink(/home/basenot2/public_html/ca/sotdsidecms.php) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /home/basenot2/public_html/bn-inc/functions.php on line 60

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/basenot2/public_html/bn-inc/functions.php:60) in /home/basenot2/public_html/bn_sotd.php on line 219

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/basenot2/public_html/bn-inc/functions.php:60) in /home/basenot2/public_html/bn_sotd.php on line 220
    I got the same response when I posted my SOTD last night. I opened another tab and posted it again. I didn't get an error message the second time but it resulted in two posts.

ScreenHunter_259 Nov. 03 07.15.jpg
    Last edited by socalwoman; 3rd November 2013 at 03:18 PM.

I now have a "Tagged" tab in my wardrobe. I'm sure I could do something interesting with it?
    - Dorothy Parker

Basenotes Plus

I'll go & have a look

Edit - That definitely has possibilities, furrypine - thanks for pointing it out!

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I got the same response when I posted my SOTD last night. I opened another tab and posted it again. I didn't get an error message the second time but it resulted in two posts.

ScreenHunter_259 Nov. 03 07.15.jpg
    Yep, this is a glitch which has been noted - I have a list! - you get an error message but it goes ahead and posts anyway.

I have other issues to report, I think it was already happening before:
    If you delete fragrances from your lists in a buch, not individually from each scent page, they disappear from the list but the total number remains the same.
    Also, if you later access each of them, they will still show as in that list even though they aren't.

If you need proof of example that would be my empty "Test List".

And lastly, the settings for the wardrobes prints HTTP 500 error:
    http://www.basenotes.net/oldwardrobe/settings
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for reporting - it is a known issue that's been noted in another thread here!

Basenotes Plus

Hello Mods,

For some reasons, I am not able to post a new thread under the missing fragrance. I would like to add the Majda Bekkali scents in my wardrobe as there are currently no Bekkali scents in the directory. Thanks.

Basenotes Plus

Hi CapriDog - there's another, resolved, thread about this issue - here's the link to the Fragrance Contribution page.

They will be in a queue as they have to be approved by Admin. before appearing on site.

http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post

I've added this to my bug-tracker.

It should still track the SOTD though.

I got this error on Sunday but have used the feature both Monday and today and so far it hasn't happened again.

I remember this happened a lot on this site before the move...

Yep, the problem is that some of the issues could have been fixed earlier, but were left as we knew we were moving to Huddler.

Then the same happened when we knew we were moving back.

Hiatus followed by hiatus.

Now we're definitely staying here, we are actually in a position where we can fix the backlog of 'stuff' and work on improving the site. It will, however, take a little time!

Basenotes Plus

Hi CapriDog - there's another, resolved, thread about this issue - here's the link to the Fragrance Contribution page.

They will be in a queue as they have to be approved by Admin. before appearing on site.

Thank you very much, lpp!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Towers View Post

........And lastly, the settings for the wardrobes prints HTTP 500 error:
    Thanks. Just tried it myself. That old link isn't working.

Basenotes Plus

Hi pluran - sorry about this - if this link doesn't work, it will need to be looked at as it's working for me.

Hi pluran - sorry about this - if this link doesn't work, it will need to be looked at as it's working for me.
    Thanks lpp,

I mainly just need a way to edit my own text at the top of the wardrobe.

Basenotes Plus

Hi pluran - that is on the 'to do' list - mine needs some extra notes as well!

Please see this thread - it will be updated when the issue is fixed.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...-our-wardrobes

Basenotes Member

Is there an update on this topic? I was curious as to what the delay is in implementing a solution to this problem. For me as well I'm reluctant to do more sampling if the possibility of losing all of my impressions from previous samples is lost permanently

The delay is due to Grant concentrating on conversion of the Huddler data as the main priority at the moment.

Basenotes Plus

The link for note-making should work now.

Adding a product to 'collection' whilst leaving the item in the 'samples' list still doesn't seem to work unless the sample is deleted, for me today anyway.
    Last edited by lpp; 10th December 2013 at 09:55 AM.

so my entire wardrobe which I finally added whilst the site was huddler mode is gone, and I was wondering if it will ever be coming back... I could read all those scents now if I must but have been holding off on the hopes that the data will be moved...

Basenotes Plus

Hi Danbar99 - sorry about that - some of us have already updated ours, although others are waiting for the data to return.

Basenotes Plus

Many thanks - just managed to add an 'owned' that was previously a sample with no issues.

edit: figured it out
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 18th January 2014 at 06:24 AM.