Code of Conduct

Default Sotd October 29th 2013

Sensuous Estee Lauder.

Everything stopped in May 2013 I guess...interesting. Things will be imported in, I am assuming. And I am at 4,000 posts, now it says I have 2,700. Hopefully, my milestone will come back, LOL.

Hugs to everyone!
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sotd October 29th 2013

Uncertain times are hard on everyone. Please be patient with Grant, he is doing what he can.
    AK

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Sensuous Estee Lauder.

Everything stopped in May 2013 I guess...interesting. Things will be imported in, I am assuming. And I am at 4,000 posts, now it says I have 2,700. Hopefully, my milestone will come back, LOL.

Hugs to everyone!
    (Thanks Twolf)

It is a bit like a ghost town now, and we'll be adding stuff bit-by-bit, so eventually all will be as it should be.

Oh and Sartorial by Penhaligon's for me!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm testing Amouage Homage Attar today, thanks to Scentfan!

Post Thanks / Like

Cuir d'Oranger - Miller Harris.

Thanks to a feline friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Royal Vintage by ?

Oh I know, things take time. Actually, it doesn't matter to me if my posts come back, LOL...as it will just show that I don't spend as much time on Basenotes than I actually do. LOL. Thanks a lot!!!!
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all!

SotD is Hindu Kush.

"Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Post Thanks / Like

Hi!

I am jumping for joy - I can once again edit fonts, add pictures, etc, without manually editing the html!! My work computer hated the Huddler platform and I had to add everything manually. (I added a bookmark to my favorites bar on my work computer with a link to an ehow article entitled "How to insert an image with HTML" - HA - so happy i can delete that!)

Today's SOTE: Huitieme Art - Naiviris. Got a big burst of carrot up front and was basking in iris glory. After 90 minutes, I was sitting in a stuffy cloying cloud of irissy pixie stick yuckiness. Enter my travel decant of Infusion d'Iris, which is sort of like my traveling first aid kit for boo boos of the olfactory sort.

edit: hehe, kalli, I have 25 posts! I joined just before the conversion to new site.

Things seem to be running pretty smoothly for just turning over..good start.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Boy - I am totally confused !
    I am still around everyone- good to see you all. So much is missing - I am disorinented. Basenotes green is back .
    Hi to all my friends. I have been super busy .Love to you all .
    Wow- old avatar , post count is off !
    Teacup icon is back though- yay !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

ooooh, how lovely to see you back Mimi! I've missed you dear sweet one!

It's like I was never here! I'm sure it will all get sorted, or I just start from scratch. It's all good.

((((Mimi)))) Good to see ya!

This site already runs better than Ebay for me...that site has been super glitchy and non working for me as of late!
    Last edited by kalli; 29th October 2013 at 06:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    ooooh, how lovely to see you back Mimi! I've missed you dear sweet one!

It's like I was never here! I'm sure it will all get sorted, or I just start from scratch. It's all good.
    danieq, your old posts will be imported from the old site. Not sure when, but hopefully not too long a wait

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

l am ridiculously happy to have the old site back, & even happier to see dear Mimi! Hope all is well with you, sweetheart.

Let's trust that all the missing post counts, etc will be restored in due course.

Wore Eau de Shalimar for work today, this evening it's Ginger by Gorilla Perfumes, as it's suddenly turned much colder here.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I'm just happy to be back -- I don't care about site stuff as long as I can talk to you all again. I missed you guys!! The deal I was working on essentially took over my life for the last 3 weeks, but it's done now, and I'm taking 3 much-needed days off to re-group before the big end-of-year push.

I had planned to use some of my time off to catch up on old posts, but I only got a few days'-worth reviewed before the move. So I'll say a belated Happy 35th Anniversary to the Kiliwias, a belated Happy Birthday to Roberto, a big HUZZAH and hugs for ErinK and sweet Rocky (I got a huge kick out of the cone-of-shame-as-martini-glass costume), and hugs, well-wishes, and healing thoughts for all who need(ed) them. Elizrj, I hope you decided to go all diva and dramatic with your boudoir make-over. And if you haven't posted photos yet, please do.

I do hope there's some way to catch up on the Chicago meet-up I missed. I am so NOT missing the next one.

I've been comforting myself with gourmands and orientals the last few weeks, including Un Bois Vanille, Frapin 1270, Fumerie Turque, Coze, and my ever-present fall/winter staple, Mazzolari Lei. Today, though, it's Parfumerie Generale Cadjmere. I've worn the hell out of Cadjmere this fall, and I just love it.

xxxooo

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I’m in good spirits seeing the progress here.

Still trying to process and regurgitate (in literal form but not literally) last weekend's Basenotes’ whirlwind experience.

Marni by Marni on Quarry on Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Sotd October 29th 2013

current issue
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Honestly, I'm just happy to be back -- I don't care about site stuff as long as I can talk to you all again. I missed you guys!! The deal I was working on essentially took over my life for the last 3 weeks, but it's done now, and I'm taking 3 much-needed days off to re-group before the big end-of-year push.

I had planned to use some of my time off to catch up on old posts, but I only got a few days'-worth reviewed before the move. So I'll say a belated Happy 35th Anniversary to the Kiliwias, a belated Happy Birthday to Roberto, a big HUZZAH and hugs for ErinK and sweet Rocky (I got a huge kick out of the cone-of-shame-as-martini-glass costume), and hugs, well-wishes, and healing thoughts for all who need(ed) them. Elizrj, I hope you decided to go all diva and dramatic with your boudoir make-over. And if you haven't posted photos yet, please do.

I do hope there's some way to catch up on the Chicago meet-up I missed. I am so NOT missing the next one.

I've been comforting myself with gourmands and orientals the last few weeks, including Un Bois Vanille, Frapin 1270, Fumerie Turque, Coze, and my ever-present fall/winter staple, Mazzolari Lei. Today, though, it's Parfumerie Generale Cadjmere. I've worn the hell out of Cadjmere this fall, and I just love it.

xxxooo
    Welcome back, scent twin!!! You have smelled great these past several weeks if that is your llist!!! LOVE all of them, except never smelled Fumerie Turque.

I'm still trying to plow through and finish off some previously worn samples this month, Ormande Jayne Orris Noir today, one which I never particularily cared for, and still don't.

(((ExtremeK)))

A quick Hi to everyone and big (hug) to ExtremeK. A busy week has become insane. In Cuir de Russie today. Best to all.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's lovely to be back!

I'm in Rose Ikebana today.

Post Thanks / Like

Am wearing Carnal Flower today. I'll have check and see if my actual post count came through. Glad to see you, Mimi.

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to be back and have just been re-connected to our power supply here at home!
    Hoping it lasts...
    Ayoon Al Maha.

Magellan by Fragonard

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Basenotes is back and so is Mims !

Good to see everyone again . SotD is Lalique White.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone - I am so sorry about my long silence- as you know I had some work issues to sort out- took longer than I thought and consumed my time and energy ! Unbelievable. Many things seem to be missing on BN right now.......
    Still here a month !

Love to all ! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to see you back, Mimi!

Post Thanks / Like

My SOTD today has been Byredo 1996. I like this a lot and have signed up for a decant supplied by an online friend.

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Narciso Rodriguez For Him Intense Edp today
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Tea Rose by TPW, which is a bit um...strong? Lol. I will do a lighter application next time, goodness.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone! Very glad to be back with you all! Big squashy hugs all around. xxxooo

Esprit d'Oscar was my SOTD.

Very best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Post Thanks / Like

Vintage Mystere by Rochas

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    I’m in good spirits seeing the progress here.

Still trying to process and regurgitate (in literal form but not literally) last weekend's Basenotes’ whirlwind experience.

Marni by Marni on Quarry on Tuesday.
    what she said ^ except scented with L'Heure Bleue
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, I wore Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente.
    DONNA