Code of Conduct

Default What perfumes did you buy while Basenotes was down, if any at all?

I got a bit of Chanel No. 5 EDT. Thanks Twolf for getting my interest in this one.

Anyone else?.
    Last edited by kalli; 29th October 2013 at 06:33 PM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Default Re: What perfumes did you buy while Basenotes was down, if any at all?

Well, I actually JUST purchased the Keiko Mecheri Bespoke Coffret and a bottle of Frapin Espirit de Fleurs (on special at Luckyscent this month)

I made the decision to purchase small bottles/decants to explore more of what is out there instead of FB's. I'm going to try for samplers and coffrets for a while I think. We'll see how well I stick to that. I really want a couple of SL's, Santal Majuscule and Chypre Rouge so those may get bought in amongst the samples.

I've been eyeing the Amouage sampler set, but will have to do that one another month.

None in these one or two days, though I made a couple of ebay bids. I did receive a small bottle of lotion temeraire by rigaud, unfortunately completely gone. It must have been a plain light citrus freshener.

cacio

Ylang 49
    Ashoka - Neela Vermeire
    Jasmin T - Bruno Acampora

for swap/sale:

Nice and congrats Danieq! I haven't really sniffed much of KM scents and haven't smelled that Frapin. How is that KM jasmine scent? Did you get it yet?

Hedonist...that Jasmin T sounds really nice..I may have to seek a sample!!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

My bottle of Divine L'homme Infini came in while BN was down. Kept me company until now.

I picked up 3 decants, all re-runs of other decants I recently emptied. I'm holding off buying full bottles until next year, but all 3 of these decants are on my FBW list:

Parfumerie Generale Cadjmere and Cuir d'Iris
    Mazzolari Lei

A backup of Blue Amber!
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

None, but considered getting a few just as a form of "comfort shopping".

Basenotes Plus

Slumberhouse Sova (again).

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Nice and congrats Danieq! I haven't really sniffed much of KM scents and haven't smelled that Frapin. How is that KM jasmine scent? Did you get it yet?

Hedonist...that Jasmin T sounds really nice..I may have to seek a sample!!
    Well worth seeking out if you like indoles & jasmine.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Well worth seeking out if you like indoles & jasmine.
    How big is the clove note in that one?

How big is the clove note in that one?
    I only wore it once from a sample.
    I don't remember it being very heavy on clove like some of the Caron perfumes if you're familiar with them.
    It's more of a concentrated dirty jasmine on moist greenness.

for swap/sale:

Thanks a lot for the info, Hedonist! I like heavier clove but may still get a sample, thanks again!

Great purchases, hedonist. Is that a Dubai beach, or an Abu Dhabi one? and is that your car?

The Ylang is on my tb list, and am curious about the acampora as well.

cacio

I bought the trilogy of new scents by L'Artisan Parfumeur. Looking forward to receiving them.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Great purchases, hedonist. Is that a Dubai beach, or an Abu Dhabi one? and is that your car?

The Ylang is on my tb list, and am curious about the acampora as well.

cacio
    Yes that's my dusty car.
    The post office is right by the beach...thought a quick photo world be nice.
    This is Dubai.
    We have better beaches in Abu Dhabi. The sand is softer on this side (a play on the grass is greener....).

I knew you'd like Ylang 49 because you like Iris 39.
    They, along with Santal 33, were made by the same perfumer- Frank Voelkl.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I bought the trilogy of new scents by L'Artisan Parfumeur. Looking forward to receiving them.
    I think you'll like Skin to Skin the most.

for swap/sale:

Did Dubai steal the sand from Abu Dhabi to make all their artificial islands and peninsulas, or did they just grab it from the desert?

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Did Dubai steal the sand from Abu Dhabi to make all their artificial islands and peninsulas, or did they just grab it from the desert?

cacio
    Lol there's plenty to go around.

for swap/sale:

I haven't sniffed the Frapin either, it's a blind buy and quite impulsive, but I've yet to smell a Frapin I didn't love so I have a hopeful attitude.

I just received the KM last night! It is very lovely and I'm so thankful to Scentfan for sending it along. Now to find her info so I can send her a proper thank you.

I've yet to figure out how to find the posts I've subscribed to.

Nice.

Wonderful picture as usual, hedonist - we had no electricity here for over twenty-four hours, so that pic. cheered me up no end!

I was so stressed out by the move, I had to order both Ouds from Dolce & Gabbana's Privé line!

Aw, lucky you - I've been listening to people telling me there was no eta for my power supply & offering blankets....
    Have to make up for lost time soon!

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    I picked up 3 decants, all re-runs of other decants I recently emptied. I'm holding off buying full bottles until next year, but all 3 of these decants are on my FBW list:

Parfumerie Generale Cadjmere and Cuir d'Iris
    Mazzolari Lei
    Lui, right? Unless they've recently released a Hawaiian themed fragrance.

That's a good list.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Basenotes Plus

Bond no. 9's Great Jones

Yesterday I bought 2 x 100ml Une Fleur de Cassie and confirmed an order for Viollette Fumée and Vie de Chateau Intense.

Oh, mr. reasonable is squirreling away the stinky goodness of Cassie! Any older ones it seems, eh?

I bought Chanel pour Monsieur's bath and shower gel. It's a good starting point for any kind of perfume. However, in my darkest moments I believe it smells similar to the shower gel of Azzaro pour Homme, which of course can be had for 10 instead of 30 coins...
    I also bought a new bottle of Jicky EdP. Let's see how it stands the comparison with an Eau-de-Parfum-formulation of 6 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Oh, mr. reasonable is squirreling away the stinky goodness of Cassie! Any older ones it seems, eh?
    Not as old as one would LIKE, but okay - I reckon about three years ago, still nice. Funnily enough they were the last two 100mls in HK, which I find very strange, I figured it was a slow seller here.

Yeah, me too. I got some Annick Goutal Eau D'Hadrien and the postie delivered the Molinard Vanille that I had ordered as a gift for my seventeen year old niece, who is crazy for it, which is great for Auntie because it's so cheap!

BTW the Hadrien....oh no, this is not the Hadrien that I remember........

CAEB thats what I bought...you happy now��
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    Lui, right? Unless they've recently released a Hawaiian themed fragrance.

That's a good list.
    Nope, it's actually Lei It's a warm, snuggly sweater of a fragrance -- a cocoa and vanilla centered gourmand with a soft patchouli. Per LuckyScent, notes are cocoa, labdanum, vanilla, patchouli, sandalwood, cedar. She's rather the polar opposite of Lui!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Yesterday I bought 2 x 100ml Une Fleur de Cassie and confirmed an order for Viollette Fumée and Vie de Chateau Intense.
    Is cassis on the new regulatory chopping block?? If so, I need to do some squirreling of UFdC myself. What do you think of the Violette Fumee?

Someone mentioned it may well be given a facelift - can't confirm it but I had been meaning to get a back-up and a friend had asked me to pick him one up so better sooner than later.

I expect the other two in a few days from LS.

Thankfully nothing bought; taking a break from buying till Dec.

Got myself 30 ml of Tabac Rouge

I was not aware of Lei (= she). Come think of it, they could have played on the name and really go for lei flowers and the full hawaian theme.

cacio

None -- too stressed

But, I'm going on a spree tomorrow

A back up bottle of Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente 50mls for £29.95
    DONNA

Ordered a new bottle of the Indult Tihota just re-released, plus samples of the CdG Blue series and OD Lapis Philosophorum.

Some aroma chemicals. And almost any EU restricted stuff I could get my hands on. Let's see what they can do at 0,001%
    Interesting aroma chemicals and naturals for sale. Worldwide shipping. Just send me a pm for pricing and details.

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    A back up bottle of Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente 50mls for £29.95
    Donna, nice find! I've reached for Myrrhe Ardente quite a few times already this autumn. Lovely stuff

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Thankfully nothing bought; taking a break from buying till Dec.

Yeah...right.

But seriously, best of luck and I commend you if you can hold fast. I said that to myself in early October and yesterday while base notes was down I received:

Ambre Sultan
    Fille en Aiguilles

And a few backup bottles of one of my favorite frags of all time that has been (to my knowledge) discontinued: Guerlain Homme L'Eau

So many fun and intriguing purchases! Congrats to everyone!

Basenotes Member

Does anybody else notice their wardrobe has partially disappeared since Basenotes went back up? I had >100 samples in that section and now it's no longer there

Sample of 01 Nomad by Odin New York.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phi View Post
    Does anybody else notice their wardrobe has partially disappeared since Basenotes went back up? I had >100 samples in that section and now it's no longer there
    I believe it will all be transferred over from Huddler in due course.
    See this post by moderator: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370179-Wardrobe-Issues?p=2982273&viewfull=1#post2982273

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I believe it will all be transferred over from Huddler in due course.
    See this post by moderator: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370179-Wardrobe-Issues?p=2982273&viewfull=1#post2982273
    Thanks for that. I knew there must have been an announcement somewhere but couldn't find it

Bentley for men Intense. A great deal of hype by some prominent Basenoters had me sold on this one. Fingers crossed.