Code of Conduct

Default Market Place thread (and pics) does/doesn't show up

OK, this is a strange one.

1. I have a link to my Market Place ad in my signature. It was there prior to switching to Huddler. When I click the link, it goes to my sales page. But when I go to "Items for Sale" in the Market Place, it's NOT there. In fact, only about 3 or 4 sales threads show up (instead of the hundreds that used to be there).

2. I went to my sales thread tonight (via the link in my signature ONLY) to update things. I added pictures and everything seemed to be going fine. I "saved" it and went to look at my completed sales page. All the text was there, but none of the pictures showed up (even though they did when I was updating the page). Instead of showing the picture, it just shows a box with a question mark in it. And I have noticed hundreds of these boxes with the question mark throughout the site.

3. When I access my Basenotes sales page with my phone, all the pictures show up just fine!

4. My sales page IS on the site "somewhere" because I can access it by clicking the old link in my signature. When viewing it, it even shows to be in the "Items for Sale" section of the Market Place. But it is NOT there when I go to the Market Place the conventional way by clicking on "Items for Sale". In fact, very few sales threads appear. So I have no idea which is the "real" thread.....the link to my sales page or the nonexistent one in "Items for Sale".

5. Since no sales thread is showing up in the Market Place, should I start completely over and create a new thread from scratch?

6. What do I need to do in order to see the pictures I am posting in my sales thread, as well as other pics intermittently throughout the site?
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Default Re: Market Place thread (and pics) does/doesn't show up

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    OK, this is a strange one.

1. I have a link to my Market Place ad in my signature. It was there prior to switching to Huddler. When I click the link, it goes to my sales page. But when I go to "Items for Sale" in the Market Place, it's NOT there. In fact, only about 3 or 4 sales threads show up (instead of the hundreds that used to be there).
    The market place areas were set to show only threads from the last three months, so that's why you couldn't see your thread. I've changed that now

2. I went to my sales thread tonight (via the link in my signature ONLY) to update things. I added pictures and everything seemed to be going fine. I "saved" it and went to look at my completed sales page. All the text was there, but none of the pictures showed up (even though they did when I was updating the page). Instead of showing the picture, it just shows a box with a question mark in it. And I have noticed hundreds of these boxes with the question mark throughout the site.

3. When I access my Basenotes sales page with my phone, all the pictures show up just fine!
    Weird, will look into

4. My sales page IS on the site "somewhere" because I can access it by clicking the old link in my signature. When viewing it, it even shows to be in the "Items for Sale" section of the Market Place. But it is NOT there when I go to the Market Place the conventional way by clicking on "Items for Sale". In fact, very few sales threads appear. So I have no idea which is the "real" thread.....the link to my sales page or the nonexistent one in "Items for Sale".

5. Since no sales thread is showing up in the Market Place, should I start completely over and create a new thread from scratch?
    It should be there now (see 1)

6. What do I need to do in order to see the pictures I am posting in my sales thread, as well as other pics intermittently throughout the site?
    I'll look into your thread now, it could be a multitude of reasons for the other images though

The images appear to be stored on Yahoo.

WHen I try to follow the URL of them it asks for a password.

Are they being stored in some private album on Yahoo/Flickr?

The reason you may be able to see them is because you are logged into Yahoo on your phone (maybe)

I got it fixed, Grant. Thank you for getting to these issues so quickly! Everything you said made perfect sense.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I got it fixed, Grant. Thank you for getting to these issues so quickly! Everything you said made perfect sense.
    I think that's the first time that has happened!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Grant- the marketplace threads only go back two days, not three months.