Code of Conduct

Default Most worn in October 2013

The last day of October won't be until tomorrow, but my stats are ready, so here we go!

8 Bois Farine
    4 Jour de Fête, Mûre et Musc Extrême
    3 Dzongkha, Poivre Piquant , Safran Troublant, Tea for Two
    2 Ambre Extrême, L’Eau d’Ambre Extrême, Mandarine Tout Simplement, Traversée du Bosphore

I didn't plan it, but this month turned into L'Artisan month. As you can see, I felt especially cosy in Bois Farine.

What did you wear in October?
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Most worn in October 2013

Dior Poison.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Member

4 - Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel, Ormonde Woman
    3 - OJ Tolu, JM Blackberry & Bay, Le Labo Vetiver 46
    2 - Bottega Veneta, MH L'air de rien, Atelier Cologne Oolang Infini, Dzing!, Avignon

Ormonde Woman, Tolu, Vetiver 46, Fleurs de sel, and Blackberry & Bay were all purchased on a trip I took to London at the end of September, so it isn't surprising to me that they are the ones that got the most wear.

I've only worn Avignon once this month so far, but I added it above because I'm wearing it tomorrow. My boss likes us to dress up for Halloween, so I'm going to dress like a devil, and I thought the blatant-Catholic-church-incense of Avignon would be a funny contrast. Funny only to me, perhaps, but that's OK.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Parts of the month I wore nothing, and then at the Chicago meet-up I feel like sniffed everything.

A newcomer is the only multiple-wear fragrance: Marni, worn 3x.

It's one of those frags—I can't decide if I actually like it, but I keep feeling drawn to it.

Samples

October was almost 45 wearings of various samples, and a few cheats with my bottles.

I've worn Chypre Palatin extensively this month. It's a fragrance I never cease to admire. In my opinion highest quality. And most of the people I meet regularly never recognize it as the same perfume, thus is its olfactory diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristram View Post
    I've worn Chypre Palatin extensively this month. It's a fragrance I never cease to admire. In my opinion highest quality. And most of the people I meet regularly never recognize it as the same perfume, thus is its olfactory diversity.
    I admire your consistency!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Samples

October was almost 45 wearings of various samples, and a few cheats with my bottles.
    You sound busy, taking notes too?

- - - Updated - - -

Majda Bekkali Fusion Sacreè for Him and Guerlain SDV

I didn't duplicate anything in October. Amongst other things I wore Oleg Cassini, Givenchy III, Miss Balmain, L'Heure Bleue and a whole selection of samples including Patchouli Intense by Parfums de Nicolai, which is now on my list for acquiring a full bottle as it's just lovely
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

October was primarily a month of sampling for me:

Eau Duelle EDP
    Volutes EDP
    Dries van Noten (will be my next purchase, yay!)
    Shanghai Lily (will graduate to a decant next)

Mostly did single wearings but Lyric Woman made it several times.

Lots of sampling, but probably Mistral Patchouli (from a sample).

Blog Entries

5 x 1000 Kisses Deep

4 x Stoned & Ghost

3 x Santal Blush

2 x Encens Flamboyant, Chergui, lmperial Opoponax, L'Instant, Samsara, Shalimar, Stella Rose Absolute & The Olive Branch.

1 x Bal a Versailles, Black XS, Bronze Goddess, Dior Addict, Eccelso, Fils de Dieu, Habanita, Honey Coconut, lmmortal Mine, lnvasion Barbare, Ninfeo Mio, Jasmin Rouge, L'Heure Bleue, Musc Ravageur, Peau d'Espagne, Royal Egyptian Amber & Honeysuckle, Dolce Acqua, Alien Liqueur de Parfum, Eau de Shalimar & Ginger.

A total of 32 scents worn.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello dear teardrop

Your perfume *a thousand kisses deep * really intrigues me.........is it something to do with the famous poem song my parents used to play.

sea rosesxx
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    Hello dear teardrop

Your perfume *a thousand kisses deep * really intrigues me.........is it something to do with the famous poem song my parents used to play.

sea rosesxx
    Hi sweetie!

Yes, apparently it's named after a line from a Leonard Cohen song; Dance Me to the End of Love. l really must listen to that song one of these days!

The perfume is by Lush, (l think it's now in their Retro range) & it's a beautiful osmanthus with labdanum. Very much an autumn scent for me.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Oh (((teardrop)))) that is beautiful! Love that song so much!

Have actually tried a Lush fragrance and forgotten the name, but it was wonderful......so must get some samples. Is Lush still in covent garden?

Am going against a big tradition (family are used to it VERY well by now) and *dance me to the end of time* might be one of our wedding dances.........Pasha has no idea how these things jump into my head (and he has to explain to his family...haaaaaaaaa) but he said he was actually expecting *read my mind* by the Killers! It's really tough being apart.........understand how our lovely Mrs E felt!

hugs

sea roses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Blog Entries

Sea Roses; l've sent you a PM.

Sorry for going off topic, folks!

BTW, l think 1000 Kisses might only be available online from Lush/ Gorilla Perfumes.

Bentley for Men Intense. Great fragrance.

L'Heure Bleue, Messe de Minuit, L'Occitane Amber, Secret Garden -Aftelier