Code of Conduct

Default L'Occitane Cedre & Oranger

Just got a flyer from L'Occitane concerning this new fragrance for men. Has anyone tried this one yet? I'm a pretty big fan of their other colognes. A bit pricey for this store - $75 for 2.5 oz.

Default Re: L'Occitane Cedre & Oranger

First I've heard of it. Thanks for this info. Will have to seek this out.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

This looks like a follow-up to the series perfumer Karine Dubreuil has been releasing for them,

They all come in 75 ml yes, and they are not cheap.

Will look it up on my next visit to their store. Thanks for the heads up .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I had a go while I was at their store, and I must say it smells a bit generic but with quality, if you know what I mean. It is nice, resembles many manly scents but it is the quality, natural smell that stands out. Don't think a perfumista would go along with it but it is a very nice and clear/clean scent as a first woody/citrous. It costs about US100 in Brazil for the 75ml bottle. Nice looking glass but still ugly cap/spray.

I actually think is a good price, what's your take on it???
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    I actually think is a good price, what's your take on it???
    Yes, I, too, think it is a good price for quality one gets with L'Occitane's products, usually.

Great news! Sounds interesting for sure.

I've been haunting some of the locations as they also have an amber/sandalwood one coming out. I've tried the hand lotion and smelled the body wash, but not the actual fragrance yet (the amber/sandalwood one, that it). I assume they're all part of the same line, and from what I've been told, the concentration is quite high in these. Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    from what I've been told, the concentration is quite high in these. Interesting!
    I can attest to that. From those series, i own The vert & Bigarade , which is a tea based scent with orange, and the longevity is easily 12+ hours.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

It was hard for me to tell exactly what the amber/sandalwood really smelled like because I just sniffed the lotion, but my initial impression was that it was a sort of dry, milky amber over a sharp, synthy sandalwood. Anyhow, back to citrus!

Just smelled this today (on paper only) and thought it was ok. I own the Eau Des Baux and enjoy L'Occitane products in general, but this one didn't compel me to make a purchase. Maybe others will feel differently? Would like to see more opinions. My GF didn't care for it.

Default L'Occitane Cedre & Oranger

I gave two of the new ones a proper skin test this afternoon. The amber one opened up interesting with an almost Ambre 114 feeling to it (balmy resins), but after 20 mins, it turned into a middling semi-sweet woody amber that just wouldn't die. The other (Cedre & Oranger) smelled like nondescript cedar wood with bergamot on top. Both were just insipid; totally lacking the charm of some of the brand's older scents.
    Last edited by deadidol; 10th November 2013 at 07:56 PM.

I will smell this the next time I happen to pass one of their stores. Thanks to both of you for the update and your observations. (296)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I tried it yesterday and I could say this is one of the good scent from Grasse Collection but none from this collection gets close to any of the L'occitane classics ,which are better and cheaper , IMO.