Code of Conduct

Smile Summer Frags in Winter?

Hi, out of curiosity, I feel like asking if anyone here wears their summer frags (aquatics etc) in the cold winter?

I ask as I want to buy myself Nautica Voyage, but I don't want to wait to wear it until summer (which if I buy it, I'm not waiting )

Does anyone else do this?

Cheers.

Default Re: Summer Frags in Winter?

I have on occasion worn a fragrance labeled for summer, in the off season simply because i felt like it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I don't as a rule

Wearing Fleur du Male Cologne as we speak. It's kinda summery.

Many will say you can wear anything/anytime. I prefer having a seasonal group. With that said I found Bvlgari Aqua to be a spicy/peppery aquatic that can be worn in Winter. I stopped wearing it awhile back but in the day I wore it all year.

Many think TdH is great for Summer but I actually prefer its woods in Winter too.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

If I wanted to wear a lighter/aquatic/citrus fragrance in Winter, I wouldn't let the season stop me.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Polo Crest
    2) Chypre Palatin
    3) 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    4) One Man Show Gold Edition
    5) Kouros (Vintage)
    6) Mamluk
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    8) Interlude Man
    9) More than Words
    10) Ungaro II (Vintage)

You should be able to wear what you like, when you like. If you read up on choosing a signature fragrance, youll see alot of the time they advise you to choose a scent based on the type of person you are, and for a sporty/active person they advise choosing citrus/light/fresh and aquatic style scents more geared towards the unisex market. Ive read this many a time, thus meaning youll probally have to reapply in colder months, and in alot of cases even in warmer weather.

I dont like using this as an example as its such a cliche, but if i was really looking for a freshy for all year round id be looking more towards something like aventus, and im sure theres many other light fresh scents that are woodier or spicier and have some backbone for the colder months, but feel free to wear what you like when you like...

I

Basenotes Plus

Certainly. Many summer fragrances take on a whole new effervescence in colder conditions - eg: Silver Mountain Water positively sparkles for me. I refuse to seasonalise fragrance as a rule, the only exceptions being a handful of heavy hitters that may become slightly oppressive in heat and humidity. That aside, anything goes anytime.

hello ??

I actually wore MI since I had to be in the hospital most the afternoon a couple days ago and im shocked to say I got about 7 hours out of it =x. I wish I could get that kinda longevity out of it normally lol.

i have found that "seasonal groups" help me from getting bored of what i have. I am a college student and do not have a budget big enough to continually go out and get many fragrances, so having a "rotation" helps. so i usually save my lighter scents for the spring and summer

Basenotes Junkie

Of course!! I wear what I want when I want and I'm definitely ok with that. I agree that some frags are a little to heavy for the summer, but any fresh/summery frag is definitely ok for the winter. I love the cold, so some of those frags amp up the cold and that's a win win for me.

It depends, which frag in specific, I haven't tested voyaged but it's a matter of how I'm feeing that day with me. As heavier frags for winter and lighter for warmer climate: I know people that wear their winter in summer but with much less sprays and vice versa for summer ones in winter with more sprays : you have to understand that these rules or not written in stone. I've seem many reviewers contradict themselves, so it's your prerogative to do as you will for you paid for the fragrance and not them, nevertheless I used to wear what ever in days past but have come to categorize them also...do as you will......Enjoy.....peace
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Sure, enjoy it.

Why not? My SOTD is Cologne Sologne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardly ever followed this rule to strictly. Instead, I mostly chose the different SOTD I liked, all through the year and quite irrespective of the season, weather conditions etc.

Sure, all the time.

I don't, at least not ouside.
    But I use many of my summer frags for bed time and indoor use, during the winter time.

I do feel certain frags are better suited for summer and certain frags are better suited for winter, but wear what you like, when ever you feel like wearing it !
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

I'll wear whatever I want all year, except skip the heavy stuff in summer.

Yes, but then I usually regret it, thinking "Why didn't I wear something warmer?" Fall and winter is such a great time of year for frags, I try to squeeze in all the stuff I can't manage in the spring and summer. When I wear an aquatic in November, I kind of feel like I lost a day.

I do. Easily. What I have in my collection is the stuff I love and I wear it whenever I feel like it. At the end of the day, these are just the blended scents and they honestly do not change all that much with temperature, except for maybe the other way around when some sweet fragrances become cloying in the heat. Thats just my take on it, maybe I am not registering all the "note interplays" that some claim are happening, but that works for me just fine.

It's nice to wear the occasional summertime fragrance in winter. I don't do it that often, but it's nice on occasion. Summer fragrances tend to uplift my mood far more than winter ones, so it is good to do every so often.

Where what you want when you want. There isn't a rule. In fact, I think it's kind of fun to wear something summery (like Bvlgari Aqva Marine) in the dead of winter to remind you of the warmer days and to wear something like Eau des Baux to celebrate Christmas in July. Although I can't imagine wearing something too powerful like Tobacco Vanille in the summer, especially here in Arizona!

Basenotes Plus

I don't. As a matter of fact, I store my summer fragrances away in the winter

Quote Originally Posted by Preston H View Post
    I don't. As a matter of fact, I store my summer fragrances away in the winter
    Me too. I wouldn't be able to smell something like AdP Colonia or MI in the cold weather. Although I have sniffed my bottle during colder months to remind me of summer

Try Issey Miyake in the winter ... last all day long. Wohoooo!