Code of Conduct

Default MITSOUKO year 2013: 5-batches blind-test review.

Mitsouko year 2013: Does the Empress strike back?

http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...ss-strike.html

Default Re: MITSOUKO year 2013: 5-batches blind-test review.

Thanks André. Your services to Guerlain-ology deserve hearty applause

Must get my hands on the most recent EdT before it all goes wrong again ...

Thanks for your efforts. It's somewhat good to hear that 2013-EdP is "worth it".

Thanks for laying it out there

I recently bought the 2013 Extrait and it feels good - considerably better than the 2011. Haven't seen the 2013 EDP here but will keep an eye out.

My reference Mitsouko is a PDT bottle and one older Parfum that came in the little round 'clam shell' Meteorite, which I haven't put a date on.

I agree that there has been a massive improvement in the latest batches of Mitsouko. I recently brought the parfum with a 3U01 serial and the velvety dark green is back well balanced with the slightly yeasty peach. Much better than the 1R01 serial bottle I also have.
    I have a small amount of a mid 60's Mitsouko which is the best as it also has the deep waxy element but I would now rather get the latest parfum than gamble on a vintage bottle.

From speaking to someone at Guerlain I know how hard Thierry Wasser has been working to improve Mitsouko so congratulations to him!

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    Thanks André. Your services to Guerlain-ology deserve hearty applause . Must get my hands on the most recent EdT before it all goes wrong again ...
    Grt reviews Andre; you & Mr.G needs to be hired as "online consultants" by Guerlain, seriously...I will be buying the 2013 version EDP soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrč Moreau View Post
    Mitsouko year 2013: Does the Empress strike back?
    Thank you so much for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe C View Post
    I agree that there has been a massive improvement in the latest batches of Mitsouko. I recently brought the parfum with a 3U01 serial and the velvety dark green is back well balanced with the slightly yeasty peach. Much better than the 1R01 serial bottle I also have.
    I have a small amount of a mid 60's Mitsouko which is the best as it also has the deep waxy element but I would now rather get the latest parfum than gamble on a vintage bottle.

From speaking to someone at Guerlain I know how hard Thierry Wasser has been working to improve Mitsouko so congratulations to him!
    That's fantastic to hear. I was wondering if the parfum had also been updated. I had recently bought a new bottle of the parfum but it was still the 2012 batch, so I'm really looking forward now to the 2013 version.

Joe, when you say "velvety dark green", do you mean the colour of the juice or the smell? Thanks.

Guerlainista

Excellent, Andre! I've been hearing that this latest batch was a pretty good restoration, but it's nice to see a direct comparison. I'm going to seek out a recent batch.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The code on the Mitsuoko EdP I recently bought is 3P01, which according to the chart means it's a 2013 version. For me, it's very different from the extrait and the EdC you sent, Rubegon. Do you know what years they were?

Guerlainista

SF - unfortunately, I have no idea what the vintage of the parfum is, as I received it as a bonus sample in a swap at some point. I don't even recall who I got it from.
    The EdC, on the other hand, I decanted from a vintage bottle I own. It's from the mid-70s, I think. I need to check the batch codes to know the exact year, but it's a bit in accessible at the moment.

So yours is the new Wasser formulation with the low-atranol oak moss. Cool! I've been wanting to try this, but the testers I come across are always older. Where did you get it?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -