Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Guerlain Cuir Beluga and Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Still got acqua di parma - leather left?

Default Re: Portrait of a Lady, Le Parfum de Therese, Cuir Beluga and Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Thanks for Cuir Beluga, SDV and Coromandel!
    All arrived in SK without the slightest hick-up.

Default Re: Frederic Malle, Guerlain, L'Artisan, MFK, Berdoues Oud, HdP, Geo Beene

Added:
    Frederic Malle Dries van Noten
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Last edited by strifeknot; 21st July 2016 at 07:16 PM.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Magnificent niche splits on offer.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Default Re: Auphorie Miyako, La Curie Incendo, Apoteker Tepe, Geir, Malle, Guerlain, L'Artisan, Azzaro, G. B

Added:
    Auphorie Miyako
    5 stars from Luca Turin.
    This is one of the most affecting accords I have ever smelled, an Orphic descent into the Underworld conveyed without words or music. It is simply astounding that a self-taught perfumer would not only find this Tristan Chord of perfumery, but also be able to write the rest of the score. Unlike so many artisan fragrances that are full of charm but sadly fugacious, this one carries on majestically, expanding at first into a rutilant tutti and ending mf on woods. There was so far only one -ko among my all-time favorites, the one composed by Jacques Guerlain in 1919. This makes two. - Turin

La Curie Incendo
    4 stars from Luca Turin.
    I’ve had good things to say in the past about smoky fragrances like Lampblack, Skive , Vi et Armis and others. Incendo (which to my Italian ears sounds like incendio , house fire) is very much in this manner and elegantly brings together all the elements, from vetiver to cypriol via incense to produce a quiet, stylish and crisp fragrance. La Curie is based in Tucson, AZ, and is a fine instance of the creative independent perfumery currently thriving in the US. The tongue-in-cheek website lists materials for Incendo: fir needles, embers, incense and sun-kissed dark skies. What I particularly love about Incendo is that the top note achieves an inner-tube rubbery quality that brings to mind, in a less playful context, the great and now discontinued Bulgari Black. Very nice work. - Turin

Apoteker Tepe Pale Fire
    Pale Fire is a deconstruction of amber, the first fragrance type to rely on synthetics, but changes this ‘fantasy’ note into something real— the integration of Spanish wildcrafted labdanum absolute and a rare supercritical extraction of Tahitian vanilla. Like the poem which bears its name, Pale Fire exists between appearance and essence, completeness and incompleteness, real and unreal— it is the smell of the feeling the Portuguese call saudade— the longing that remains after a disappearance.

Also added:
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Geir Ness Geir
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Default Re: Auphorie Miyako, La Curie Incendo, Apoteker Tepe, Geir, Malle, Guerlain, L'Artisan, Azzaro, G. B

I highly recommend Auphorie. Miyako in my humble opinion is an amazing fragrance,although it depends on the weather conditions (one day it smells amazing, the next day it smells like musty closet).The rest of the line (enternal voyage, regal secret) are amazing as well - I tried them both last night and truly like them. Staying power is ~ 5-6 hours for EDPs which is less than I would like, but I can deal with it

Default Re: Miyako, Incendo, Apoteker Tepe, Iris Silver Mist, Geir, Malle, Guerlain, Jatamansi, Azzaro, G Be

Added:
    Apoteker Tepe After the Flood - Violet leaf, Water lily, Mushroom, Patchouli, Wet earth
    Apoteker Tepe Anabasis - Citrus, Shiso, Birch, Mint, Pine, Cedar, Musk
    Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist

Default Re: Auphorie, Incendo, Apoteker Tepe, Iris Silver Mist, Cartier L'Heure XI, Geir, Azzaro

Added:
    Auphorie Shambhala
    Himalayan Apple, Snow Lotus, Tibetan Tea
    Rose, Night-blooming Jasmine
    Tibetan Incense, Tobacco, Himalayan Amber, Smoke, Civet, Castoreum, Tonquin Musk

Cartier XI L'Heure Perdue
    5 stars - Luca Turin
    The top notes slide from the smooth serenity of Jicky to a hint of the throaty rasp of Habit Rouge. When the delicious initial blast clears, there follows an eventful chapter, a winding road with vistas on fruity (grapefruit), iris, and herbal (tarragon, basil) notes that swirl past almost too fast to name them. Then comes a beautiful surprise: the powdery note of heliotropin suddenly sounds its muted trumpet, and the fragrance settles deliciously into an oriental drydown, but with a difference: not just vanilla and labdanum, but the most delightful, mysteriously fresh praliné note. Gianduja on a bed of mimosa fluff. Wow. - Luca Turin