Code of Conduct

Default Al (Street Scents) vs Marc (Robes08) video

What are your thoughts on these two videos. The obvious contrast here...Al interviewed creed salesman who stated only authentic creeds are being sold at boutique or authorized brick and mortar. Marcs video never directly memtioned where to buy Creeds however he did praise online discounters and has in several videos stated he has purchased some of his frags from online discount sources. So in reference to Creeds and legitimacy of online sites what are your thoughts? Im of the notion that if my Issey Miyake, Serge Lutens, Montale, Amouage, etc from "xxxxx" online retailor is legit then my Creed is legit also.

Chime in...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Al (Street Scents) vs Marc (Robes08) video

I have personally never worried about any Creed I have purchased through a reputable online retailer being fake. If I felt the need to get a fragrance immediately, I'd go directly to the boutique. That's what I did with several Creeds. Others, I chose to wait and got them through legitimate online retailers and were happy with all my purchases in both cases.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Both videos are correct - the spin is just a little different. Luis at Creed probably should have said that fakes come from street vendors, kiosks, and some discounters - you can tell that he almost took back the words on "discounters". That is the truth of the matter. If you buy Creed from a legitimate discounter, no problem - gray market are usually good stuff, although they can include old stock, etc. (I use gray market from discounters to get "vintage" designer and niche whenever they pop up on a reliable site, like fragrancenet.com). If you want guaranteed fresh, then buy from a store or authorized dealer. Some online discounters ARE authorized dealers, like parfumsraffy.com, although they don't offer a whole lot of discount, IMO. The places that you get fakes are eBay stores, street vendors, kiosks, fly-by-night stores, and sketchy online discounters. There ARE some very sketchy online discounters, and sometimes they are linked to kiosks. They serve as fronts for high-quality fakes. ALL online discounters are not the same - that is a sad but important truth.

I understand that Luis has to say what he said...I just dont respect it. I wish Al would have asked him specific questions and not let him off the hook...he's been in the frag game long enough to know that what Luis said was not completely accurate. For the non frag head it was a good video.

I like and follow both of these guys. Very informative with fragrance pros and cons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post
    I understand that Luis has to say what he said...I just dont respect it. I wish Al would have asked him specific questions and not let him off the hook...he's been in the frag game long enough to know that what Luis said was not completely accurate. For the non frag head it was a good video.

True - I think Al could have gotten him to fine-tune his answers a bit - maybe not let him broad-brush the discounters. Just a few honest questions would have done that. It seemed to me that Al was somewhat blown away by the quality of the expensive fake. He just looked like he was seriously surprised. I'll bet he was wondering if he could spot the difference without a side-by-side with the real thing.

I think it's good for people to get the real story about fakes - it calms them down. I appreciated that video just for educating folks.

We used to have a thing here, where n00bs would come on in a total panic about fakes, and there would always be a few people who would just tell them to STHU and not worry about it, which only made things worse. There's a good place to be that is far away from both paranoia and complacency, and that's where people ought to shoot for, IMO. Vigilant but not worried. Most people who come here worried about fakes have the real thing, but there are a few who realize they'be been scammed - quite often on evilBay.

Banned
    Blog Entries

i think Al is a decent person in a complicated situation. he wants to help his friend Luis and promote a company he loves, but this entails embracing a few things he probably wouldn't have otherwise.

in the end, discounters like fragrancenet and beautyencounter are legit, but there are a lot of fakes out there.

I buy my Creeds from Cheapsmells. Absolutely no need whatsoever to buy Creed at retail.

I think people are viewing it as an either/or situation what it's not. While Fragrancenet and other discounters likely do not sell fakes 99% of the time it is possible one may sneak in once in a while. They even will on Amazon. However it is also likely that you'll end up with god (if not fresh) product practically every single time. Both can be right, and no need to be insulted if someone claims that an anonymous e-commerce shop sent them a fake, because it happens.

So what would you guys say is the most trust worthy online retailer with the cheapest pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by rookie_smeller View Post
    So what would you guys say is the most trust worthy online retailer with the cheapest pricing?
    In my experience it has easily been fragrancenet.

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    I buy my Creeds from Cheapsmells. Absolutely no need whatsoever to buy Creed at retail.
    MI varies especially in the melon and salty notes and I can say without a doubt my best bottle was from Cheapsmells / allbeauty.com. I wouldn't hesitate to buy off them.

Sent from my HTC One