Code of Conduct

Default Home Fragrance for Body?

I know it sounds really gross, but is there a home fragrance that smells so good that you would use it on your body?

I ask this question because recently I saw a bottle of Voluspa home scent/body mist at a store, and I guess the label suggested that you could use it as a fragrance?

I also read from somewhere that Le Labo's Santal 33 perfume originally started as a home fragrance. Many people thought it smelled really good and the company turned it into a perfume. I smelled the home fragrance version at their boutique and I thought it smelled exactly like the perfume. In fact, I like their Fig home scent so much that I am tempted to use it as a perfume.

Your thoughts?

Default Re: Home Fragrance for Body?

The only home spray that I would ever personally consider as a possible body spray would be Diptyque's John Galliano Essence because it smells so good IMO. Used it often as a home spray.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

None

There's a lovely Amouage room spray called First Rose which might work, but I've never actually tried as yet - maybe tomorrow!

I'd worry about allergies with using a home spray on my skin. The base formulation could be really different as it's planned to be used on fabric without marking it as against being used on skin.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

sfmedusa, that's an excellent point!

A lot of niche perfume houses candles and home scents are so expensive that they cost more than designer's perfumes - I hope that they are using some very good ingredients, good enough to be used on the body

In my opinion alone, certain room sprays by Glade would be great if turned into fragrances. By keeping the SAME scent, but making it usable, skin-friendly, non-allergenic and, of course, long lasting enough as EDT, body spray etc.

Probably not.
    There are too many perfumes out there to keep me busy.

for swap/sale:

I've used Annick Goutal Noel and Costes Signature room sprays on myself to good effect.