Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Friday, 1st November, 2013

Hi folks!

Was going to post on the Sychronised Friday Thread but not sure
    what the theme was and it got lost in the revamp!

Instead I will apply one of my new samples from Les Senteurs -
    A La Nuit. I believe Tania Sanchez calls this "death by jasmine."
    What a way to go.....
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SOTD Friday, 1st November, 2013

Sounds fun, kewart!

Back to a current rave - Anjin by Pell Wall.

Hi all - have a lovely day!
    Last edited by lpp; 1st November 2013 at 10:43 AM.

Chypre Palatin.

Good morning lovely smelling people, and a happy new month to you all!

Beware that lovely Mr Rodgers......he introduced me to Golden Chypre and this has led me to being very unfaithful to my other beauties. You rogue (Jon). (can't find smilie but sending you a bunch of flowers)

Again I am wearing Golden Chypre by Grossmith.

Is Mimi actually back? Oh Yay!

Hope you are all well, if not be kind to yourself.

sea roses

ps.Please wish me well in getting to Zakynthos in the next couple of days.......work is just loopy!
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    Beware that lovely Mr Rodgers......he introduced me to Golden Chypre and this has led me to being very unfaithful to my other beauties. You rogue (Jon). (can't find smilie but sending you a bunch of flowers)

What a splendid choice - a little Grossmith infidelity won't do any harm .
    (PS - good luck )

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Hi folks!

Likewise, so I just went with a random selection - Penhaligon's LP No 9.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, SOTD is vintage Shalimar extrait. Perfection.

Happy Friday!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Morning all!

Off to work soon in 1000 Kisses Deep, in honour of Sea Roses. Safe travels, sweetheart!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Good morning!

SotD is Hindu Kush by AbdesSalaam Attar. The weather in Milan is grey, I'm listening to Arcade Fire's latest.

(See?! We don't need the Off Topic section!!! )

Have a safe travel, Sea Roses and enjoy Zakynthos!

Wish you all a nice day!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Friday, 1st November, 2013

Hello everyone. Enjoy your Friday

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

With all the stuff missing, I will gladly synchronize with Roberto in the house of Caron. N'Aimez Que Moi sounds good?

Good morning, everyone!

Well, "good" considering my tennis will probably be rained out, and that's a bummer, but Voodoo Fest starts tonight, and we're seeing Pearl Jam, so I'm super-excited about that ...their last few albums weren't great, but they're always excellent live. Besides, like Robin, I love the rain and have a hard time complaining about it, and it's only supposed to last a few hours anyway ...just long enough to rain out my tennis, hehe. I was looking forward to wearing vintage Aliage anyway, so that's what I'm going with, 70s "Sport Fragrance Spray"...which I understand was originally comparable to edt strength, maybe even cologne, but those of you who know Estée Lauder know that this is more like a current edp, with projection as well as longevity. It really is some rich and gorgeous stuff.

Y'all have a fantastic day!

Oh there goes Sea Roses, off again! I got your wonderful pm - I'll get back to you soon, I promise! Safe and happy travels to Zakynthos darlin' - I hope your journey is smooth and worry-free! xo

iodine - I ♥ Arcade Fire. How do you like Reflektor?

Xscent - I sure hope you know I was teasing you yesterday! I sometimes do that, but it's a risk online and I sometimes misjudge things, and upon re-reading it I think it might seem rather mean. I'm sorry. Now, if you do ever find yourself headed my way, please let me know - I know everything, and I'd be delighted to fill you in!

elizrj - didn't you have another date last night ...a late date, right? How'd it go? Btw, I somehow decided on Agent Provocateur for my Pink Panther costume last night ...it was quite a last-second impulse, but it proved to be a good one!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Good Morning Vintage Fans and I am really loving the new old format (NOF)....Also loving a Maison Caron synch. Right now I am wearing Nina Ricci Farouche vintage parfum farouche.jpg...but I will be joinging you Caronistes later in the Caron with the craaaaazy name French Cancan
    Last edited by Fleurine; 1st November 2013 at 02:15 PM.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    iodine - I ♥ Arcade Fire. How do you like Reflektor?
    I've only listened to it a couple of times, so I can't really tell, but it seems quite complex, rich and multifaceted, with '70, '80 vibes... (Could it be a fragrance, couldn't it ).
    I love the way they surf through genres in rock and pop history.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Hello all!

Good luck Sea Roses! I googled Zakynthos and figured I should pack myself in your bags! Pictures will be required!

Evangeline, you're right. I was supposed to go out late last night so I took a nap and woke up with a sore throat. So now I'm doing everything I can to kill this sucker. I'm gargling salt water and listerine, taking Airborne, eating raw honey and I'm going to get some coconut oil to do some oil pulling. Sounds crazy but hey, I'm willing to do whatever to not get sick before I leave for Disney on Monday. Oh, and he wanted to reschedule for tonight, so hopefully I can stop this thing in it's tracks and get to go out tonight.

I'm wearing a sample from Matildaben from Chicago of Santa Maria Novella Vaniglia. I'm liking it but the sharpness at the top is not sitting well with my sore throat today. It's definitely not a sweet vanilla, but has some spice and maybe some citrus to it? I want to try it again when I'm not feeling sick. Really, very few fragrances work when you're not feeling well.

Good morning!

Let me say a big THANK YOU to everyone for the finger crossings and wishes of good luck for my interview yesterday. It went very, very well; I met with my potential new manager for an hour then with HER boss...so it was a 2 hour interview and absolutely exhausting. I expect to hear something within the next several days.

Needless to say, I did not sleep well last night. Too many things on my mind: the interview, whether or not someone would egg my house (I ran out of candy with a yard full of costumed younguns looking at me like WTF, LADY), my haircut tomorrow, how I need to stop eating calories, what is going to happen to Lily Bart (I'm reading Edith Wharton's The House of Mirth and believe you me, it's a page turner, at least once you make it 40% through the book). So I needed a perk-me-up scent this morning: By Kilian Prelude to Love.

elizrj, what a bummer you came down with a sore throat! I hope you get feeling better stat, and will be able to go out with the guy tonight!

Evangeline, I bet you were the cutest Pink Panther!!

Sea Roses, your Paris pad looks ah-may-zing!

Oh yeah, one more thing: in lieu of posting a picture of my SOTD, here are a couple pics of some "whirligigs" made by the late folk artist Vollis Simpson. He is a legend here in Eastern NC. He created these COLOSSAL sculptures out of scraps of metal, reflectors, whatever he could find, and they are known as whirligigs. Tomorrow Jay and I will be going to the Whirligig Festival downtown Wilson: crafts, food, and lots of the amazing whirligigs. This is one of the few very cool things about this town.

*I tried in vain for like 15 minutes to add URL photo and it would not let me: kept saying file too large on every single file I tried to add...user error or has this happened to anyone else?

Going to drink more coffee, put on my headphones to Reflektor, and get to work. Y'all have a great day!
    Last edited by ErinK; 1st November 2013 at 02:05 PM.

Black Line by Mancera

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

BN not working well for me today so no pics from me though I have GOOD one and also no fancy formatting and praying I don't lose this post again!

Well, I'm going to be paint brush in hand shortly in some paint splattered cut off jeans and whatever old button up shirt I can find. That's my glam and rockin' Friday night sorted.

Evangeline - don't you give it a moments thought, I didn't read it that way at all (hugs).

Sea Roses - safe travels and I hope your work becomes unloopy soon, I know what that's like.

Tdem - AGREE vintage Shalimar extrait is superb, I think I'll twin with you and wear some to bed.

ErinK - did you end up getting pics? If not I'll send again.

Spring racing season is starting up here. Now, I love Melbourne Cup all the champagne, fabulous fashions on the field and racing. However, I'm not looking forward to the cacophony of fireworks exploding across the river from me this evening. In saying that watching the sky light up in sparkly colours while is all cosy in bed is pretty special.

In vintage Sublime for a spot of painting then Shalimar for hopefully a few hours sleep.

Roll on Friday and how did we get to November already?

queen of the universe

Smile Re: SOTD Friday, 1st November, 2013

Good late morning from chilly, windy, grey Cleveland.

ErinK I love found object art! I'll have to check these whirligigs out.

Defying the weather and joining the Caronistes, I shall don sunny, sunny Acaciosa and have my 1st cup of coffee.
    May switch to Infini for the evening, and then, giventhe weather and since I don't wear aldehydes at bedtime, I'll switch houses and go for some Shalimar or Sarrasins—and hot cocoa.

Pleasant day to all.
    P1030789.jpg
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Good morning! What a lively bunch this morning! Sounds like everyone is having a good start to TGIF.

I'm sporting Mauboussin by Mauboussin today.

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Good luck Sea Roses! I googled Zakynthos and figured I should pack myself in your bags! Pictures will be required!

Evangeline, you're right. I was supposed to go out late last night so I took a nap and woke up with a sore throat. So now I'm doing everything I can to kill this sucker. I'm gargling salt water and listerine, taking Airborne, eating raw honey and I'm going to get some coconut oil to do some oil pulling. Sounds crazy but hey, I'm willing to do whatever to not get sick before I leave for Disney on Monday. Oh, and he wanted to reschedule for tonight, so hopefully I can stop this thing in it's tracks and get to go out tonight.

I'm wearing a sample from Matildaben from Chicago of Santa Maria Novella Vaniglia. I'm liking it but the sharpness at the top is not sitting well with my sore throat today. It's definitely not a sweet vanilla, but has some spice and maybe some citrus to it? I want to try it again when I'm not feeling sick. Really, very few fragrances work when you're not feeling well.
    Thank you so much Elizrj and everyone else, xscent thank you for understanding about work! It's after five and we have our crisis meeting at 10pm!

Elizrj I was thinking would you be prepared to boil up lemon, garlic, oregano (or oregano oil), and ginger and then when it is as revolting as it sounds put some honey in when warm and sip. Not sure what oil pulling is. Can you rest before disneyland?

Erin really wishing you the best with the job. Sorry about the stress. Think of your lovely weekend coming up with Jay.

As for insomniacs here......a little while back was having a really dreadful time, so upset I just couldn't sleep at all.......and ended up listening to languages and music all night. Then I found the oddest cure.........after herbal teas (and prayers) I would always put on one of my *comfort* fragrances on the pillow and start thinking about the order I should try perfumes and work out when I would need new bottles!

Anyone is always welcome in the southern Ionian (ithaca, Zak,and Cephalonia) which is basically home. Promise you the waters are very therapeutic and food wonderful.

Check out Porto Zante .......google porto zante....I can always get us a great deal there! And we do have local perfumeries.......nothing sophisticated (a little rough actually but when the tourists come in summer they sell out in days) but some interesting jasmine, magnolia, gardenia perfumes and light rose colognes! It's always interesting to see these little perfumeries working!

Need to wait until after 10pm here to see what is planned for the weekend for people who just didn't bother to put in the effort! At times I want to tie them to their chairs and say no coffee break is not three hours to pop out for a seafood lunch!

sorry all rant over. Calmer now!

Have a lovely day everyone!
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Hi folks!

Instead I will apply one of my new samples from Les Senteurs -
    A La Nuit. I believe Tania Sanchez calls this "death by jasmine."
    What a way to go.....
    Go Kewart! What else did you get?

I'm in Santa Maria Novella P'Eau D'Espagne today. Smells like disinfectant and I love it!!

Safe travels Sea Roses. Lucky you! Have a great weekend all. I intend to join all those celebrating wine o'clock later.

Also in house of Caron with Coup de Foudre today. Hello, all you good-smelling people!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    I'm obsessing a bit over Penhaligon’s Iris Prima. Was that one-time sampling in Chicago a true love connection? Am I only imagining how gentle and multi-faceted it is? Will I be disheartened with a sample? Are my hopes yet again set too high? Oh, the drama of scent.

For grocery shopping, I'm in a generic cloud of Guerlain With Love: quince, rose, peony, amber. I expect the pull of Shalimar near day’s end.

Be well, my lovelies, especially you, Elizrj.

Good Morning everyone!

Sea Roses I want to pack my bags too! Therapeutic waters, good food, and quaint little perfumeries? How lucky you are to live in a place like this!

ErinK - I am glad your interview went well and I know how you felt RE: trick-or-treaters - We practically had an invasion here which started at 5 PM(!) and by 8 PM all the houses on our street were as dark as darkest night. I guess we were not the only ones who ran out of candy by that time

I am joining the Penhaligons love fest in Opus 1870.

And Quarry - I didn't need another Iris on my to try list, but I guess it's too late...

Well, a bit too late to salvage my tennis, but the rain has ceased and the sun's starting to shine, so I've got to stop futzing around and get busy! Things to do, people to see, etc ...but I was playing with a few other chypres the different facets of Aliage remind me of, and I thought I'd tell y'all about it! So, I've added another bitter herbal layer to Aliage with the green, soapy rose of original Balmain Ivoire ...it's sooooo nice. I like that new one well enough, but it really can't hold a candle to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by iodine View Post
    I've only listened to it a couple of times, so I can't really tell, but it seems quite complex, rich and multifaceted, with '70, '80 vibes... (Could it be a fragrance, couldn't it ).
    I love the way they surf through genres in rock and pop history.
    Yep, that's Arcade Fire all right! Reflektor is excellent, as fully expected ...I see Erin's enjoying it, too.

Yay Erin - so happy to hear it went well! I'll keep 'em crossed for you a little longer.

Xscent - I thought for sure you were in Perth, but are you in Melbourne? I love Melbourne. I was there for the first time a few years ago for the Australian Open, and I'm very excited to say we're planning to go again this January ...hooray for the Happy Slam! Enjoy the Melbourne Cup - that sounds happy, too.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 1st November 2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: 'cuz it's never too late to fix the freakin' typos...
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Could somebody help........when you want to leave a message for a friend!

Its for Mrs E,...........RODGER JUST WON!

Break open the Bel Respiro!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    Evangeline, I bet you were the cutest Pink Panther!!

Lookin' good, Mrs E

Continuing my own personal Penhaligon's synch this evening - Racquets Formula.

Early start tomorrow here - long cultural day out planned (with a little sniffing, of course).
    Hope everyone has a fruitful, fragrant, and fantastic weekend.

Mims

I saw it, Sea Roses - hooray!!

Lol at Jon's tennis playin' Pink Panther - cute!

Whitefluffy I am so glad I wasn't the only one who ran out of candy! OK, here is my little story about giving away the last 2 pieces of candy I had:

I gave away the last of my really good stuff until I had but 2 little packs of Starbursts left. Knowing I couldn't give any more candy out, I tried to sneak inside real quick-like and turn out the lights before being spotted by any more trick-or-treaters, but it was too late....a veritable PACK of kids saw me and tromped over my front yard like a little army. I threw up my arms and said, "I ran out of candy!!! I only have 2 pieces left!!!" but they came up to the porch anyway, and stood there looking at me like little puppies and all I had was those 2 pitiful little Starbursts...so I said, "OK, the first person who can sing me a song will get these Starbursts," and this little bitty black kid with fake monster teeth in his mouth looked up at me, grinned, and started singing "We wish you a Merry Christmas! We wish you a Merry Christmas" at the top of his lungs and then ALL the kids started singing with him and it was like a chorus of scary little vampire carolers and I was like OMG what do I do now? So I dropped the Starbursts in 2 different bags and told them they'd have to share. Which would be approximately 1/4 a Starburst for each kid in the pack (totally lame). Moral of the story: buy more candy next year or come up with a more difficult last-two-pieces-of-candy-earning-challenge.

And, I always need a new iris for my must-try list! Based on several ho-hum reviews, I had pretty much written off Iris Prima....but Quarry is making me wonder if I should rethink that...

And Evangeline, you are really making me want to try Aliage! I love the Aliage ad you posted earlier: that classic American preppy look is so great - and timeless - in black and white, and then you add the doggies and it puts the ad over the top! Love it! Maybe my next order of business will be exploring more chypres. And thank you for keeping your fingers crossed for me.
    Last edited by ErinK; 1st November 2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: OCD

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    Whitefluffy I am so glad I wasn't the only one who ran out of candy! OK, here is my little story about giving away the last 2 pieces of candy I had:

I gave away the last of my really good stuff until I had but 2 little packs of Starbursts left. Knowing I couldn't give any more candy out, I tried to sneak inside real quick-like and turn out the lights before being spotted by any more trick-or-treaters, but it was too late....a veritable PACK of kids saw me and tromped over my front yard like a little army. I threw up my arms and said, "I ran out of candy!!! I only have 2 pieces left!!!" but they came up to the porch anyway, and stood there looking at me like little puppies and all I had was those 2 pitiful little Starbursts...so I said, "OK, the first person who can sing me a song will get these Starbursts," and this little bitty black kid with fake monster teeth in his mouth looked up at me, grinned, and started singing "We wish you a Merry Christmas! We wish you a Merry Christmas" at the top of his lungs and then ALL the kids started singing with him and it was like a chorus of scary little vampire carolers and I was like OMG what do I do now? So I dropped the Starbursts in 2 different bags and told them they'd have to share. Which would be approximately 1/4 a Starburst for each kid in the pack: totally lame. Moral of the story: buy more candy next year or come up with a more difficult last-two-pieces-of-candy-earning-challenge.
    You poor thing...you weren't quick enough to turn off the lights, eh? I don't know, but this year it seemed strange: as if all kids were on the special ops mission to get as much candy as they could get. I don't know if it's a norm here in the States, but the majority of these kids were driven by their parents from other neighborhoods - cars were pulling to our and other people's driveways non-stop.

SOTA - Shalimar EdT

Vera Wang

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefluffy View Post
    You poor thing...you weren't quick enough to turn off the lights, eh? I don't know, but this year it seemed strange: as if all kids were on the special ops mission to get as much candy as they could get. I don't know if it's a norm here in the States, but the majority of these kids were driven by their parents from other neighborhoods - cars were pulling to our and other people's driveways non-stop.
    No, I wasn't quick enough! It was a steady stream of kids! And that happens where I live, too -- cars driving down the street from house to house with kids hopping out and running to the house to get candy, then running back to the car. I think lots of people go to other neighborhoods, and some even drive to multiple neighborhoods. Where are you originally from?

Good afternoon, all. Like Basenotes I had a few days off work this week - told work I celebrate Halloween, so needed a day off to get ready, a day for Halloween, and a day to recover....

Yesterday and the day before wore She-Wolf by Smell Bent, in observance of the holiday...it has his "dirty musk" scent that I find so compelling.

Today clean as a whistle in SSS To Dream.

Wed night we took the kids to see Michael Franti. Lovely, absolutely happy positive conscious music, he won over my heavy metal lovin' boyfriend with the live performance, and he brought the kids in the audience up (there were only about 8 of them - school night) onto stage to dance during the encore, so it was a really magical evening for them. They said he's Really Tall, and nice. The 9 yo said he complimented her outfit, LOL, and she got to sing one chorus into the microphone, which she did with confidence in front of over a thousand people, which impressed me.

They also had a successful Halloween, in terms of loot. So very good days off from work. Relaxing today, or trying anyway.

Happy Friday, and Feliz Dia de los Muertos.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=ErinK;2984333]Whitefluffy I am so glad I wasn't the only one who ran out of candy! OK, here is my little story about giving away the last 2 pieces of candy I had:

I gave away the last of my really good stuff until I had but 2 little packs of Starbursts left. Knowing I couldn't give any more candy out, I tried to sneak inside real quick-like and turn out the lights before being spotted by any more trick-or-treaters, but it was too late....a veritable PACK of kids saw me and tromped over my front yard like a little army. I threw up my arms and said, "I ran out of candy!!! I only have 2 pieces left!!!" but they came up to the porch anyway, and stood there looking at me like little puppies and all I had was those 2 pitiful little Starbursts...so I said, "OK, the first person who can sing me a song will get these Starbursts," and this little bitty black kid with fake monster teeth in his mouth looked up at me, grinned, and started singing "We wish you a Merry Christmas! We wish you a Merry Christmas" at the top of his lungs and then ALL the kids started singing with him and it was like a chorus of scary little vampire carolers and I was like OMG what do I do now? So I dropped the Starbursts in 2 different bags and told them they'd have to share. Which would be approximately 1/4 a Starburst for each kid in the pack (totally lame). Moral of the story: buy more candy next year or come up with a more difficult last-two-pieces-of-candy-earning-challenge.

QUOTE]

I think the idea of halloween caroling is pretty awesome, actually....Send the kids door to door singing Monster Mash, or doing the Thriller dance.

We were invited to trick or treat in the Boyfriend's neighborhood - I am a city girl, he lives in the deep dark suburbs, in what I call a house farm - not simply a subdivision, but one of those with houses for miles, a neighborhood where one does not simply Walk to the store because it would have to be a prepared hike with supplies taking hours and danger crossing the inevitable big dangerous road that all of these subdivisions are ringed by, like a moat. No actual wall, or gate, at least. Anyway - he promised that there was some high density trick or treating right around his house, and indeed this was the case. I think we did about 4 blocks, less than an hour, and the kids had way too much candy by the end.

Blog Entries

Evening all!

Elizrj; hope you get better in time for your date tomorrow!

Erin; l loved your story about the trick-or-treaters. The idea of little zombies & vampires singing Merry Christmas just tickles me!

We didn't get any of them here, but walking home just now there seem to be quite a few adults having Halloween parties around here. l've just seen the devil, dracula & a clown out on the street. The scariest for me was the clown! *shudder*

Joining in the spirit of things this evening in vintage Magie Noire.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Default SOTD Friday, 1st November, 2013

Evangeline - you're not mistaken I am in Perth. I do go to Melbourne quite a bit so know it well. If you find yourself there let me know and I'll hop a plane over Spring racing happens all around the country (we are a bit horse mad here) and though Melbourne Cup is held in Melbourne the whole country celebrates leading up to it and literally stops to watch.

ErinK - love your Halloween story, so much cuteness.

Sea Roses - I'm seriously thinking I need to experience those therapeutic waters. I think it will help curb my occasional bouts of crazy.

Up just before sunrise again for a bit of yoga on the sun deck, the view makes it easier to deal with the lack of sleep. Vintage Shalimar extrait still going well.

Last edited by Xscent; 1st November 2013 at 10:36 PM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    Good morning lovely smelling people, and a happy new month to you all!

Is Mimi actually back? Oh Yay!

Hope you are all well, if not be kind to yourself.

sea roses

ps.Please wish me well in getting to Zakynthos in the next couple of days.......work is just loopy!

(((Sea Roses))) I am still around - a bit delayed going off this year but at least I am still around ! I have been very very tied up with things lately. Are you off again Sea Roses ? I wish you the very best and lots of love. be safe ! XOXOXO

I am also in love with Violette Fumee by Mona di Orio . Love this stuff. SoTA.

Lightning post and then I will go back and read the rest of the thread...

I'm in sync today with a tiny sample from our wonderful Chicago meet-up: Christian Dior Mitzah. It's fabulous and very warming - though I don't think I can justify a full bottle of another amber-focused fragrance... Yet.

Mitzah notes: Coriander, rose, spices, cinnamon, labdanum, vanilla, honey, patchouli and incense.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Stoned was my scent for today. Happy Friday!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Tiffany For Men tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Sea Roses, even I Googled and checked the prices on the villas on your island. Seem a bit steep, but I do not really know what's included for around $1K per night. Reviews all look all right too, but they are mostly from the UKers. Anyhow, just something to ponder about. Safe travels and marvelous sunrises to you.

Can't but agree with some of you: clowns freak me out!

Frapin Speakeasy, sampling for the first time. Wonderful, can't stop sniffing my wrist. (Now I have to find the whole lineup in order to make up my mind which one to buy. I know I need one Frapin this coming winter).