Code of Conduct

Default Can't access website thru MacBook using Safari, Chrome, Fire Fox

I've tried all three and have cleared caches, history, cookies, etc. all I'm getting is the screen in the attached picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Bark Bites Back.

Default Re: Can't access website thru MacBook using Safari, Chrome, Fire Fox

If you try this link, it should work
    http://www.basenotes.net/content/

I can use all three of the browsers mentioned above- please advise whether the link works for you in your browser.

Have you also tried clearing your DNS cache? If not, try that.

I have been having issues with BN on Firefox on Windows 7 (I get a server configuration screen), but Chrome is working on that machine so I am getting my fix. Firefox on Mac is working for me.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

The link didn't work, just got the same black page.

I use OpenDNS so I'll have to check the settings here shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearing the DNS cache didn't help, either. I know I'm not the only one as there are several postings on the Facebook page with the same issue.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Are you all using OpenDNS, The Bark?

I have no idea what the others are using. One was in Quebec, another Connecticut and myself in NY.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Maybe a techie can comment, please - I used an old MBP to upload some pics in Safari this evening & there were no problems.
    It's the one that I used site testing in Safari, Chrome & Firefox.

I am able to access the page from a windows based cpu in a neighboring room. Go figure. What a pain... My only guess is, and something the tech may want to look into, is there may have been changes with the recent upgrade to Mavericks that doesn't allow access to the site regardless of the browser.
    The Bark Bites Back.

How bizarre! I will attempt to get some answers for you The Bark.

Please bear with me,

Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    I am able to access the page from a windows based cpu in a neighboring room. Go figure. What a pain... My only guess is, and something the tech may want to look into, is there may have been changes with the recent upgrade to Mavericks that doesn't allow access to the site regardless of the browser.

I accidentally upgraded one machine to Mavericks last week sometime & it didn't make any difference to me.
    They all work equally well.

I'm running Mavericks too, but will see what I can work out.

-
    This post was made as an issue

Thanks for the help! It's definitely puzzling...

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know if this helps or not: I added the develop drop down to my toolbar and clicked on the Show Error Console tab and had the follow message repeated three times:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Unavailable), then the address for the maint-logo.jpg
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Thanks for the help! It's definitely puzzling...

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know if this helps or not: I added the develop drop down to my toolbar and clicked on the Show Error Console tab and had the follow message repeated three times:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Unavailable), then the address for the maint-logo.jpg
    Thanks The Bark -- And you have the same problem with all the browsers (Chrome, Safari, FF?)

Yes, but I'm unsure of the codes for the others - just know that this is what I got with Safari.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Can you reach Basenotes via 176.56.58.233? If you can then it's definitely a DNS issue somewhere on your end. If not, then it's something else entirely.
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")

I tried just now from my laptop and it's working! Wahooo! This was without trying DocmanCC's link, so something somewhere else seemed to have changed as I haven't done anything with my settings.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Congratulations, The Bark.