Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Room scent of the day November 2013

I'm burning Annick Goutal Noel votives in my living room today and using the Noel room spray in my bedroom . The scent is perfect for this bright fall day: fresh, forest-like and invigorating. The notes are lemon, bitter orange, mandarin and Siberian pine.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 2nd November 2013 at 02:09 PM.

Default Re: Room scent of the day 11/1/13

F. Malle - Cafe Society .

I've been using a mini bottle that I received at Barneys Bag Event. Really nice room scent.

Default Re: Room scent of the day November 2013

I fired up a Diptyque Oliban Frankincense candle this morning. This might be my new favorite candle: spicy, resinous incense with fantastic throw. Notes are listed as olibanum, Italian lemon essence, elemi resin, aldehyde, Somalian incense, myrrh, Javan vetiver, Peruvian balms and benzoin.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 10th November 2013 at 06:42 PM.

Glade Crisp Linen for the living room.

Basenotes Plus

Sorig Zimpoe incense - sandalwood, juniper, rose & herbs including artemisia.

Great thread, thanks socalwoman!

Jonathan Ward Artisan Candle - Dance in Summer Rain

Notes are: Jasmine, Magnolia, Water-Lilies, Pink Cyclamen, Blond woods and Green Leaves.

This scent is beautifully floral and fresh. The blurb that describes the inspiration for the scent:

'When the rains finally came, they bounded into our summer paradise with gusto, causing the beds of white flowers to dance with vigour. I remember taking your hand as we twirled in the waterfalls tumbling from the sky.'

Really says it all, it evokes the feel of this scent perfectly.

I'm burning a Jimmy Belasco candle this morning: Garden No 1. The notes are lavender, rosemary and ylang and it's just as fresh and lovely as the notes imply. Jimmy started Er'go candles over a decade ago and later began selling under his own name. He left the candle business in 2011 though . http://peacelovejimmy.wordpress.com/

Yankee candle 'November Rain'. Not sure why I picked it though.

Original Papier d'Armenie

Burning Jonathan Ward Josephine's Rose

image.jpg

An homage to Josephine de Beauharnais, lover and wife of Napoleon. Layers of decadently-deep and haunting rose notes are complimented with spicy Tuberose and shadows of poetic Iris. Layered carefully against a sensually addictive platform, Josephine’s Rose is the “velvet ballgown” of rose aromas.

Notes
    Amber, English Rose, Rose Otto, Tuberose, Iris

amouage-candle-box_1_1_2_1.jpg

Silk Road (Amouage) in the office today. Great when the weather begins to cool down.

Diptyque Sapin Doré candle, last Christmas' special. Fruity, resinous pine.
    I can't wait to smell the new Christmas candles- Pine Bark and Orange Chai...
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Basenotes Plus

Sandalwood from Pure Incense Connoisseur series. Potent stuff. I can scent a room even without lighting the stick!

I'm warming some generic Black Afgano oil. It's not as edgy as the original, it's smoother, but makes for an interesting room scent.

My wife is currently burning Delphes by Astier de Villatte in the entrance to our home. Smells wonderful. (285)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

A new one from Jonathan Ward! Kiss in Rio. Wonderful spicy, soft, sensual aroma. Also love the blurb on this one:

"The heat in Rio that evening had reached epic heights. An upbeat but moody sensuality filled the air of the Salsa club that we adopted as our meeting place. We stepped out onto the weathered floor and prepared for the final dance"

Notes: Burnt Cedar, Vetiver, Clove, Black Pepper, Blackcurrant Leaf.

images-2.jpeg

This morning I'm enjoying Diptyque Oriental Spruce.

The notes listed are: Iranian galbanum, Eucalyptus camphor, Siberian pine, Moroccan absinthe, cedar, patchouli leaves and Canadian fir balsam

The throw is excellent (not quite as strong as Oliban Frankincense though) and it's burning very evenly. The balsam note is rich - creating an even warmer scent than I expected.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 10th November 2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: pic too big

Basenotes Plus

Tonight it's Cambridge by Astier de Villatte (402)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

This evening I'm burning La Rose by Papier d'Armenie

Yankee Candle Paradise Spice

Yankee Candle Santa's Pipe

Thursday: It got really warm here today (almost triple digits). I'm burning my Belasco candle again, Garden No 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Wednesday: It's another scorcher today but at least it isn't humid too. I'm using Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien room spray.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 14th November 2013 at 08:01 PM.

Diptyque Feu de Bois.
    I've almost finished the small one, I'll be getting a regular one for Christmas, along with my beloved Myrrhe

Basenotes Plus

Le Cherche Midi No.20

NOTES: Black Peppercorn, Lemon Zest, Rose Water, Bergamot, Soft Cedarwood, Sandalwood.

Basenotes Plus

Are they good, CapriDog?
    I don't buy candles from overseas due to the shipping weight, but they look good.

Yankee Candle: Fireside Treats

I dug out my little pot pourri crock pot and put some cloves, cinnamon, star anise, vanilla and cardamon in it. It's my dad's 88th birthday today and he's requested cabbage rolls for dinner. A smelly day in the kitchen awaits me and I'm hoping the simmering spices help.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Are they good, CapriDog?
    I don't buy candles from overseas due to the shipping weight, but they look good.
    It smells very nice, lpp. The candle is packed in an elegant wooden box and can be a nice gift for this coming holiday.
    Many thanks again for the link, lpp.

Basenotes Plus

Slightly envious now! - thanks for the info. CapriDog.

My wife today is burning Oulan Bator by Astier de Villatte

Burning DL & Co Thorn Apple

7012_3.jpg
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Modern Alchemy Midnight Mist - white citrus and ginger

Burning Bergamote Boisee by Au Pays de la Fleur d'Oranger (629)

In the kitchen I've got some Orange Spiced Tea wax melting and in my den I have Warm Pipe Tobacco burning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I dug out my little pot pourri crock pot and put some cloves, cinnamon, star anise, vanilla and cardamon in it. It's my dad's 88th birthday today and he's requested cabbage rolls for dinner. A smelly day in the kitchen awaits me and I'm hoping the simmering spices help.
    Even on the cabbage-less days, simmering spices can really hit the home fragrance spot!

Le Cherche Midi No.20

Again, Feu de Bois, a perfect match with the wild wind blowing outside...

Basenotes Plus

Le Cherche Midi No.20
    Just curious what you think of it? I enjoyed it very much.

Tonight my wife decided she wanted to burn Alcatraz
    by Astier & Villatte (694)

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Just curious what you think of it? I enjoyed it very much.
    I was very impressed with the packaging and the scent. The throw is best suited for a small room I think.

Today I'm burning Nest Fragrances Candle Moroccan Santal by Sir Elton John.

Currently burning Cranberry Peppermint (Yankee) in the living room and Sparkling Cinnamon (Yankee) in my bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    Currently burning Cranberry Peppermint (Yankee) in the living room and Sparkling Cinnamon (Yankee) in my bedroom.
    I'm imagining your hallway smells delicious!

Very early this morning I dusted off my Lampe Berger and used an oil in it from Lah Tee Da called Sugar Crumbles for about an hour or so. It left a nice, light, sweet scent throughout my apartment. Then about a half hour ago I stupidly lit a Zodax candle in Vanilla Bark. Too much!!! Why didn't leave well enough alone? I don't want to snuff the candle yet; I'm afraid it will tunnel if I do. But there's just so much sweet I can take. I've got the windows open and fear I am scenting a good part of my block.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    In my local mall today, took advantage of their "Buy two large jars and get two large free" Same with medium and small jars. Came away with a nice assortment of 12 candle scents for the home. (742)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    In my local mall today, took advantage of their "Buy two large jars and get two large free" Same with medium and small jars. Came away with a nice assortment of 12 candle scents for the home. (742)
    I enjoyed that deal as well and ended up with 18. A few for me and the rest gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer1 View Post
    I enjoyed that deal as well and ended up with 18. A few for me and the rest gifts.
    Congrats to you!

Trying out an Aquiesse candle I purchased yesterday. Winter Currant. Smells lovely and seasonal.

Wife is burning Quebéc by Astier de Villatte.
    (830)

I'm using Costes Signature room spray this morning.
    Notes: patinated wood, rum, mahogany, bitter orange skin, paprika, oakmoss

I'm using Costes Signature room spray this morning.
    Notes: patinated wood, rum, mahogany, bitter orange skin, paprika, oakmoss
    Can you give me any sense of what "patinated wood" smells like to you?
    (846)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Sex Incense from the Adult store..
    Cheap but smells ok..

Diptyque Myrrhe, just purchased at the brand new Diptyque store in Milan. Fabulous as ever, my very first niche candle and my absolute favourite

In case someone else is interested: I wasn't impressed by the Christmas ones! . Pine Bark is just like Sapin Doré; Orange Chai smells only citrus; the Incense one is too heavy on roses... The jars are beautiful, though.

Today for the holiday company my wife had the entire house burning with the scent of Alger by Astier Et Villatte.
    (936)

Currently burning Yankee Cranberry Peppermint today/tonight.

I also bought Cafe Society, Joyeux Noel, and Russian Nights by Frederic Malle. I also wanted to get Chez Monsieur, but it wasn't available online.

Trying out Calvin Klein Conifer Branch candle tonight.

Currently burning Christmas Wreath (by Yankee) in the living room. It was perfect as we decorated for Christmas and set up the tree.

Banana Nut Bread also by Yankee was burned throughout the house today.
    (971)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Can you give me any sense of what "patinated wood" smells like to you?
    (846)
    Sorry, but I am at a loss. I think it's probably a made up name for a synthetic oil. Although I can't really tease out that note from the others, as a whole the fragrance does conjure up the air of a club for rich old dudes sipping on spirits and kicking back on antique furniture, but without the cigar smoke and leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Sex Incense from the Adult store..
    Cheap but smells ok..
    That brings to mind a discontinued candle by Jimmy Belasco called Sexe that I used to burn frequently. It had amber, plumeria, cocoa, myrrh, ylang-ylang and limon. It was so good! I wish he still made candles. Does your incense seem to have similar notes Tony?

I'm using my Lampe Berger again this morning with Lah Tee Da Sugar Crumbles oil.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 30th November 2013 at 03:41 PM.

Gorgeous Santal Cardamome by Dominique Ropion for Malle.

Burning Aquiesse Winter Currant again this morning. This one burns very evenly, and smells wonderful, although I believe the throw lacks a little bit. It is nice for one room though.
    Notes: rich red currant, cassis, sparking citrus, and deep french oak - per the box.

I'm burning two that I got on clearance at Marshall's: Zodax Dream Lights in Blood Orange & Nutmeg and Vanilla Bark.