Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Saturday, 2 November 2013.

Happy Saturday all!

Surrati Warda Ta'if.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Saturday, 2 November 2013.

Hello all, enjoy your weekend!

vintage

Good morning.

A drop of Déliria from the new L'Artisan Parfumeur line "Explosions d'Emotions". Exhilarating.

Have a nice day
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Good morning everyone!

Off to dinner tonight. Chateaubriand and an excellent Bordeaux calling, who am I to refuse? Start with oysters and champagne well, if I must! Insane work week now a distant memory.

In Coco Mademoiselle for the night and wearing a just a smidgen more than Miss Knightley

image.jpg

Basenotes Plus

Xscent that sounds like my idea of a dream dinner! Enjoy.

What We Do in Paris is Secret for me.

Wish you all a lovely day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Saturday, 2 November 2013.

Good Morning everyone. Wish you all the best

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Amouage Opus II for me today

Hello all. Annick Goutal Grand Amour edp
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

Good morning Gorgeous Basenoters !
    Thinking of Sea Roses- safe travels sweetie !

This morning -I am sampling Fate Woman by Amouage. LOVE !
    Off to the gym - *yawn* - it's early but what doesn't kill you definitely makes you stronger -so off i go .....

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

[Chanting in rhythm to “Who let the dogs out?”]
    Who’s going to the dog park?
    Whoof-Whoof-Whoof
    We are!

Wearing Bond/Mothers cuz I'm trying to decide, with excessive over thinking, whether to keep buying samples or just buy the bottle I wanted to get in Chicago, except it wasn't available in 50ml. Over think, over think, over think.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Wow aren't we all posh today in our Montales, Amouages and Goutals!!
    I am wearing Visa (Aurelian Guichard) from a sample. Wish I could afford
    a full bottle of this one.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Oajan by Parfum de Marly.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Diptyque - Eau Rose

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger for me today! It's a gorgeous sunny day here, and quite mild.
    My mother turns 85 today.

Happy birthday, Mother 30 Roses!

First official wearing of my newly acquired Dior Collection Privee Oud Ispahan from our Chicago meet-up adventures. WOW!!! A labdanum powerhouse with just the right blend of sweet rose and spicy/bitter wood supporting the labdanum and keeping the whole thing truly interesting. Loving it!

On a semi-related topic: I think I may have accidentally put my P1 Slumberhouse (all of them) and Penhaligon's Zizonia samples in the sample swapfest in Chicago... Delighted to have them off and away in the BN family, but if anyone here has a spare sample of any of these lying around, would you PM me to discuss a possible trade? I still need to test them all. And I bake... :smile:

Oud Ispahan notes: Labdanum absolute, patchouli, Laotian oud essence, rosa Damescena essence, sandalwood essence.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 2nd November 2013 at 02:57 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

JHL, from Aramis' Gentleman's Collection.

Blog Entries

Hi all & happy birthday to mommy Roses! Hope she has a good day.

Q, why don't you just buy that bottle already? Lord knows you must have gone through a zillion samples by now.

Kewart; l'm not being posh at all today. l wore one of my favourite cheapies for work, Ghost original.

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Good morning, nice smelling people!

Teardrop, you are posh too, Ghost (the original Tania Sarne) with roses and sandalwood is getting harder and harder to get and in some instanses the price goes up as if it were a niche scent.( Am I lucky to have about 1.5 ml left from Whitefluffy?) This same thing happened to my L'Or de Torrente, unfortunately. Somehow I received the news that another inexpensive favorite might be on the chopping block, so please stock up when/if you can: Balmain de Balmain.

Happy Birthday to 30R. mama! I was just yesterday thinking of her in that Jimmy's bright blue scarf.

My friend and I went apple picking again this morning, mostly for her apple pie fillings. Stopped by a garage sale on the way back and -- oh thank you, Lord! -- I bought a new (to me!) Joanne Harris book (in cooperation) The French Market, for a dollar! For the fear of sounding like a broken record, I love her style.

And another great thing: Mims, I am also in Fate. I tried it for the first time earlier this week and was undecided: weak for an Amouage, nothing oriental about it at all, a nice departure from their traditional line. Gotta get more of that lipsticky rose (unfortunately FM does not work on this skin).

Have a nice weekend.

Chanel No. 5 EDT, thanks again, Twolf for getting my attention to this one. I find it similar to the EDC a little.
    I have yet to try Fate, sounds like an interesting one and I do like spice!

((30R)) and (Mom 30R)

For some reason, I thought clocks went back already...but nope..it's usually on a Saturday...lol, it's kinda funny when the clocks change and people are either an hour late or early to church.

Ugh, Basenotes is slow again...ugh. I didn't miss that at all.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Happy birthday to Um 30Roses!

L'Artisan Mure et Musc extreme. As the year grows short, so does the perfume in the bottle. I need a budget just for this one - it's one of my favorites by far, and is not a 'dabber', light and spread out smells good.

Happy Birthday to Mama Roses and safe travels to Sea Roses -- I hope you lose yourself in the magic that place must weave

ErinK, I loved your Halloween story! We went through three Costco bags of candy in about 2.5 hours. It was incredible! I'm crossing my fingers you hear some exciting news soon

Feeling any better, elizrj? I typically load myself up with Vitamin D3, echinacea, and packet after packet of EmergenC. It's worked well for me, including when I was in Vermont with mom. Never succumbed to the cold I thought for sure would lay me out. Hopefully you can knock out whatever this bug is and get back to enjoying yourself and your vacation.

Twolf, my favorite of the Frapins is 1270. Once you sniff it, that will surprise you not at all. Speakeasy is my second favorite of the line.

Yesterday, I was redolent of plummy stewed spice and cedar in the lovely Feminite du Bois. Still lemming for Serge today in Arabie.

Blog Entries

Why thank you, Twolf! l regularly see Ghost in Boots here for around £25 a bottle. Maybe they're selling off old stock, which means l should get backups, l guess...

Spookily, l was thinking about that blue scarf today, too!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I'm not feeling too grand today- my OH came back from work complete with a lurgy yesterday so we're both running a fever but we didn't get the number of the bus that hit us.

I am, however, smelling fabulous while I'm not feeling good. Galimard EDP, sunshine citrus followed by spices.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Blog Entries

Memoirs of a Trespasser this evening; smokey vanilla for a cosy night in. lt's wet & windy again outside, so we're staying right here with a bottle of merlot, some TV to catch up on, Mr teardrop's carbonara & chocolate eclairs for pud. Perfect!

All of you with lurgies, do get well soon! l second the recommendation for echinacea. lt really does stop a cold in its tracks.

Dolcelisir

SL Five o'clock au gingembre

Hello everyone -

I'm in Coromandel this afternoon, maybe gearing up for more Voodoo Fest, maybe not. Pearl Jam was amazing last night, as always, and tonight is NIN ...but we saw them at last year's Voodoo Fest, and they'll probably be here next year, so I'm having a hard time convincing Tony that we really need to see them this time around. They do seem to play New Orleans a lot.

Y'all have a good evening!

Happy birthday wishes to MamaRoses - I hope she's having a wonderful day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Evening to you all, early morning for me. Just wanted to see the goings in here. Still a bit jolly from last night and will be off for a much needed run soon.

Tdem I would take you out for this meal in a heartbeat, its fabulous. Standing offer if you make it my way. See menu (www.thetrustee.com.au) I might post some badly composed photos tomorrow.

ExtremeK you are the most lovely thing! Thanks for the words ((squish))

Mimi its great seeing you back I have read many of your reviews but have been remiss in saying hi. Big fan.

Quarry buy it already! Here's some shameless enabling. Consider it an early, early Christmas present or a reward for organising an awesome meet up.

Sea Roses thinking of you, hope your are safe and well. Lancaster Hotel looks divine, very tempted.

Elirzj look after yourself! Failing that come round to mine for big bowls of chicken soup.

Sfmedusa (see Elizrj above)

Evangeline what a brilliant pic.

Last, but certainly not least happy birthday to MamaRoses, hope she had a wonderful day.

Big (((hugs))) to all that need one.

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday Mama Roses!
    rose-cake5.jpg

My SOTD is Christian Dior La Collection Privee, Mitzah edp

I enjoyed this review of the fragrance: http://akafkaesquelife.wordpress.com...erfume-review/

Notes: Russian coriander, Damascena Rose, spices, Sri Lankan cinnamon, vanilla, honey, labdanum, Indonesian patchouli, Somali frankincense and incense.

The fragrance is stunning on me, which makes me particularly happy as the scents closest to this one do not sing on my skin as Mitzah does.

I bought my bottle at Sak's during the Chicago basenotes meet up.

christian_dior_mitzah.jpg
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Institution

Xscent - that menu looks fantastic. I've never had Chateaubriand. I'm hungry...
    30 Roses - Give mom a big high-five from me today. She's a total rock star & she is lucky to have a wonderful daughter like you.
    Quarry - buy the BN9 I Love New York For Mothers already!
    ComDiva - enjoy your new bottle. I liked OI, but it wasn't 'love'. When I was in Vegas with the BN group, many of the guys fell in love with this one. I think it strikes a nice balance between the supercharged rose/oud combos like Montale & the opulent berry-like lush niche versions like Malle's Portrait of a Lady & Midnight Oud by Juliette Has a Gun.
    teardrop - I love that Memoirs of a Trespasser. Rtamara41 sent me a sample of it & I thoroughly enjoyed it. Smoky vanilla. My boss even complimented me on it when I was wearing it that day. One of the best in the line.
    RHM - it doesn't surprise me that you like Mitzah. I'm not sure if you remember that thread that I started about it (here) where I name-checked Eau des Merveilles which I think you like, right? It's much sweeter than the other Dior amber, Ambre Nuit (which I actually prefer over Mitzah), but it also has that chocolate-y patchouli thing going on. Very cozy scent.

Today was a nice mix of chores (breakfast, dishes, groceries, gym, bill paying/bank reconcilation) and relaxation (relaxing by the pool working on my tan, playing on BN, listening to music.

This morning I wore (from a sample from rtamara41):

Bois de Paradis by Parfums Delrae

I still keep trying to see if this is gonna work for me. The cinnamon / rose combination if addictive. It felt slightly less clumsy on me today. Still...not sure.

Tonight I have a housewarming party to go to in Ft. Lauderdale. I have know this couple for years and they had their home built, brand new, a sort of Mc Mansion. It looks incredible from the pictures and they have a HUGE bunch of friends so it should be quite an exciting party. I'm kind of nervous, since I haven't seen most of these guys since I was married - now that I'm single I guess I'm feeling a bit awkward about running into people who are asking where my 'other half is?' and having to announce my news. Still...I'm going to go and I'm going to have a good time. I'm not going to let fear keep me from living my life.

I'll wear something large & in-charge - probably Leather Oud or maybe Black Aoud. Wish me luck ((bear hugs))
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

EL Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia -- love gardenias and I need a lift. Very tired after a very busy 3 weeks.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Blog Entries

(((mike))) Go party & enjoy yourself!

Betsy, you smell gorgeous.

Basenotes Plus

Have a great time, Mike!
    Thanks for the link to the Mitzah thread! Yes, I do love Eau des Merveilles too. You know my scent preferences very well. We both love Guerlain Mitsouko EDC, if I recall.

SOTE is CD Amber Nuit from La Collection Privee. (from a sample)

Even later: CD Leather Oud, also from a sample.
    Last edited by RHM; 3rd November 2013 at 02:27 AM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Mike you must try! A standing invite for you too and there's an amazing little jazz lounge we can traipse off to afterwards. The salted caramel with pistachio ice cream is especially delish. Enjoy your party, the house sounds amazing. Truly glad to hear things are better in your world ((((hugs)))).

Hello to all! I'm fully engaged in my Keiko Mecheri expedition. Today, it's Bal de Roses from the Bespoke Sampler coffret. This one is nothing short of stunning. Though surprisingly, not a whole lot about roses. All I can say is that it wafts and makes one breathe deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    This morning -I am sampling Fate Woman by Amouage. LOVE !
    Off to the gym - *yawn* - it's early but what doesn't kill you definitely makes you stronger -so off i go .....
    I just tried that this week too Mimi! It was stunning to me. I couldn't say whether it's weaker than others, but I can say I loved it. Will be resampling, and resampling, and then looking for a decant I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    [Chanting in rhythm to “Who let the dogs out?”]
    Who’s going to the dog park?
    Whoof-Whoof-Whoof
    We are!

Wearing Bond/Mothers cuz I'm trying to decide, with excessive over thinking, whether to keep buying samples or just buy the bottle I wanted to get in Chicago, except it wasn't available in 50ml. Over think, over think, over think.
    Do buy the bottle, you've proved that you love it, so of course you need a FB.
    Last edited by danieq; 2nd November 2013 at 10:52 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Tom Ford For Men tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

reading and posting quite late, Mike must be having fun at the party which is in full swing by now...I dreamt of L'Heure Bleue last night and it has been my scent of the day today, and was my full bottle purchase from the meetup. Classic, meditative and pretty. My octogenarian neighbor gave me a hug when he was out walking the dog and told me I was pretty and smelled really good - that Guerlain - classic and timeless!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Who ships a Chanel bottle in an envelope with NO bubble wrap? Not even in a bubble mailer? Just a thin, paper envelope in a zip log bag? That's how my pre-owned No. 5 came to me. Wow, I am surprised it didn't arrive in a million pieces. The bottle is ok. My goodness, some people really don't care.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Xscent, I hope you had a wonderful evening -- that's an unbeatable menu! How do you like your oysters? I like my mine as strong and brine-y as possible ((Hugs)) back at'cha, sweetie!

sfmedusa and elizrj, I do hope you're feeling better. Lots of liquids, too!

mike, good for you I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself and getting out. I know how hard it can be, but I think you'll be surprised at the support you receive once people know. ((hugs))

Quarry, I hope you find a way to shut down your brain and just go with your nose/heart/gut. Can you put on a bit from a sample? Wear it without thinking anything and let it talk to you. You'll figure it out.

I ended the day in more spice, plus a dose of fabulous vanilla: Organza Indecence. Love this one.

ExtremeK, I tried them all, 1270 was a favorite and a candidate, but I wanted to try Speakeasy first. The former is still the champion in my book.

Came from work. Exhausted. Smell of Fate still.