Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Today I Bought - November, 2013

Well, not today - behind with the pics again...
    Aedes de Venustas EdP.

IMG_1907a.jpg
    Last edited by lpp; 2nd November 2013 at 08:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Today I Bought - November, 2013

Also a few days behind - Bought at the Chicago BN meet-up, but received in November and broken in for the first time today:

Dior Oud Ispahan:
    Dior Oud Ispahan.png

The jus is pink! So cute.

And while it's not listed among the notes, I'm getting castoreum on the drydown. Anyone? I feel like this fragrance is so sophisticated... Not sure I should be allowed to wear it. But to hell with that, I fake sophistication with the best of 'em.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Also posting a few days late, these 3 were bought at the BN meetup in Chicago. Tom Ford Shanghai Lily at Neiman Marcus, Women's Coffret set of 15 Frederic Malle fragrances at Barneys and the Traveler's Edition of La Collection De Grass from the L'Occitane store. There are four fragrances in the travel set, Jasmin & Bergamote, Magnolia & Mure, The Vert & Bigarade and Vanille & Narcisse.

ImageResize.jpgmens_coffret_malle%20copy.jpgla-collection-travel.jpg

Oooh, nice grabs from the meet-up guys!!!
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought at the Chicago meet up:
    Hermes Eau Mandarine Ambree from the Hermes boutique.
    3065-3194-large.jpg

And.....La Collection Privee (Christian Dior) from SAKs.
    10454_psvk24dcxx_240.jpg dior-vetiver-via-fragrantica.jpg and 10451_av2utte8so_240.jpg
    "Mom….now the kitten smells like Chamade!"

Ooooh, more goodies, awesome! I have not sniffed any of the CDs, may have to seek some samples after seeing so many of you got some. I have sniffed that Hermes. I did find it kind of nice..I may have to re-sniff it.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Bought at the Chicago meet up:
    Hermes Eau Mandarine Ambree from the Hermes boutique.
    3065-3194-large.jpg

And.....La Collection Privee (Christian Dior) from SAKs.
    10454_psvk24dcxx_240.jpg dior-vetiver-via-fragrantica.jpg and 10451_av2utte8so_240.jpg
    Those are three of the nicer Dior Privee scents, IMO. Great buys! And I did buy Vétiver, too. That is a FANTASTIC vetiver scent - perfect for anybody. I'm surprised you were still able to get it! Do you know how many bottles they had left? I'm not seeing it on their website anymore. Truly urging vetiver / coffee fans to get that one before it goes away!!!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

kalli, I was very impressed with them but I really enjoy wood notes. The line has quite a few of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Red, Olga the SA at SAKs in Chicago is the person who helped me. She was great but she told us Mitzah was the one being discontinued. Later I discovered my Vetiver was. I adore this scent! It's gotten a, somewhat, negative rap because people compare it to Guerlain's Vetiver. It's not trying to be THAT scent. It's an amazingly handsome/beautiful scent…truly.

I'll find her phone number & pm you.

I need to get in touch with her anyway; I want the Amber Nuit too.
    Last edited by RHM; 3rd November 2013 at 02:24 AM.

So, the Mitz, isn't being discontinued? Is it pretty masculine smelling? How strong is that patchouli in there? I do love honey..is that strong?

I love wood notes too RHM. Poison is kinda a fave this fall. I know it's big on the white floral but I find it to be a woodsy, spice that is everything nice. I do love my Poison again! Yay, I fell outta love for a while..but now, I can deal with that tuberose. I thought I was nearly done with it..then the love came back. Pretty cool.
    Last edited by kalli; 3rd November 2013 at 02:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    kalli, I was very impressed with them but I really enjoy wood notes. The line has quite a few of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Red, Olga the SA at SAKs in Chicago is the person who helped me. She was great but she told us Mitzah was the one being discontinued. Later I discovered my Vetiver was. I adore this scent! It's gotten a, somewhat, negative rap because people compare it to Guerlain's Vetiver. It's not trying to be THAT scent. It's an amazingly handsome/beautiful scent…truly.

I'll find her phone number & pm you.

I need to get in touch with her anyway; I want the Amber Nuit too.
    Thanks! Yes, Dior Vétiver is its own thing - a classy and somewhat underappreciated success for Dior, IMO. Guerlain Vetiver is a sort of French everyday guy scent - something like "Bleu de Guerlain" - Guerlain Homme before there WAS Guerlain Homme. Guerlain's Vetiver Pour Elle is something really special - the true Guerlain feminine take on vetiver. Creed Original Vetiver is a kind of minimalist vetiver - also aimed at office wear, IMO. But Dior Vétiver is something really interesting - a vetiver that stays true to vetiver, but brings in a coffe gourmand aspect in such a classy, understated way, that it exceeds the vetiver classification in the same way that Hermèssence Vétiver Tonka does.

Mitzah tempted me! I'll have to get out my sample!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    So, the Mitz, isn't being discontinued? Is it pretty masculine smelling? How strong is that patchouli in there? I do love honey..is that strong?

I love wood notes too RHM. Poison is kinda a fave this fall. I know it's big on the white floral but I find it to be a woodsy, spice that is everything nice. I do love my Poison again! Yay, I fell outta love for a while..but now, I can deal with that tuberose. I thought I was nearly done with it..then the love came back. Pretty cool.
    I didn't think Mitzah was too masculine at all - should not be a problem. I thought it was more or less "unisex", IIRC.

Post Thanks / Like

Bought in late October, but my new FB is
    Aqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mandorlo di Sicilia.
    Cuddly, snuggly almonds with vanilla and a bit of non-synthetic musk with a dash of mild spices. Comfort scent, for sleepless nights.

Earlier in October is was another L'Art et la Materie Guerlain, Tonka Imperiale.

I like this "I bought" thread on our forum, not somewhere in General Discussion.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Ave Luxe
    No. 23
    Ambra Tibet
    Black Tea

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

From a fellow base noter, AdP Colonia
    And Carthusia IO Capri parfum.

I have not bought anything yet this month, but received some sample decants from a friend: SL Mandarin Mandarin and El Attarine, Mona di Orio Violette Fumee and Chanel 1932. Looking forward to a delicious sampling!

Post Thanks / Like

Late October

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am yet to buy something this month - but as Christmas approaches i'll be restocking up on my scents! Just got to decide what to go for! But getting some inspiration from this thread
    The London Perfume Company

Keiko Mecheri Tarifa
    NR for Her edt
    Myrrhe Ardente
    L'Ambre des Merveilles
    Micallef Automne
    Last edited by MorganFay; 4th November 2013 at 10:50 AM.

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet another Weil. Scored Cassandra EdC on ebay for less than a limb. Of course now an unopened EdT of the same gets listed. Heaven help me!

(Will report back after sniffing)
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought LUSH Gorilla Perfumes in Breath of God & 25:43. Just the small purse spray to check them out.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Violette Fumee by Mona di Orio

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Violette Fumee by Mona di Orio
    Mimi, I got to try this. There was only enough for one wearing though! Nooooooooo! It is bad booty a bit like you said!!! Fruity and mysterious I guess. Has that Mitsouko vibe, I can see why you like it. It's original and special. My first Mona experience and I am impressed. More lovely as it dries down some. Good buy Mims!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of Diptyque's holiday candles, the Pine one. I don't do an Xmas tree and I love having the smell of pine greenery around my house this time of year. I ordered it from Nordstrom.com so it should be here in a few days.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

A totally successful blind buy of Cacharel Lou Lou. I found a used bottle for a pittance on the 'Bay. It arrived just now and I love it, a big blowsy floriental with a wonderful dusty incense note.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a set of the Andy Tauer samples, including the new Phi. Looking forward to experiencing that.

- - - Updated - - -

Mimi, I got to try this. There was only enough for one wearing though! Nooooooooo! It is bad booty a bit like you said!!! Fruity and mysterious I guess. Has that Mitsouko vibe, I can see why you like it. It's original and special. My first Mona experience and I am impressed. More lovely as it dries down some. Good buy Mims!!!
    This sounds interesting, will have to put it on the 'to test' list. I saw a nifty set of MdO's on Luckyscent that my be a purchase in my near future.

Post Thanks / Like

Two days ago I received the Olympic Orchids discovery set, The Perfumer's Perfumes I had ordered last week. I like Ballet Rouges especially, an appealing rosy chypre, and the Olympic Amber is nice once it gets into its drydown, it has a strange medicinal opening. Also A Midsummer's Day Dream is pleasant, kind of fruity and flowery. There are six scents in all. There is one named Salamanca and it is an intense leather fragrance. Not something I like. They all have very good longevity and decent sillage. I'm thinking about a FB of Ballet Rouges.

Post Thanks / Like

Ballets Rouges is definitely FBW!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought him

photo.jpg

and he bought me

photo 2.jpg

and we smelled great happily

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matildaben View Post
    Ballets Rouges is definitely FBW!
    I'm guessing you've smelled Ballet Rouges before.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to have it. It came today. I think it's from the 50's -- Mitsouko EdC. I love it better than all the other versions, which seem to have a sharpness or bite of some kind. This one is a smooth perfection of bergamot, jasmine and oakmoss, primarily, with woods and a few others florals. Peach, I think I read. All blending in perfect harmony to create perfume glory. Many thanks to those who pointed me to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ScentFan View Post
    I had to have it. It came today. I think it's from the 50's -- Mitsouko EdC. I love it better than all the other versions, which seem to have a sharpness or bite of some kind. This one is a smooth perfection of bergamot, jasmine and oakmoss, primarily, with woods and a few others florals. Peach, I think I read. All blending in perfect harmony to create perfume glory. Many thanks to those who pointed me to it.
    It's a thing of beauty! Congratulations ScentFan. Love vintage Mitsouko, she's a lady that's hard to forget I've been hooked for almost 20 years now

- - - Updated - - -

Gifted these today from my dear mama. I love diving into the depths of my mother's fragrance wardrobe

Chanels.jpg
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a bottle of Penhaligon's Amaranthine on Ebay for a pretty nice price. I can't figure out how to add a photo, or I'd do it, cause the bottle is lovely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ScentFan View Post
    Congratulations! Sounds lovely!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I got these three on a buy two get one free deal:

L'artisan Parfumeur Dzing!
    L'artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu
    L'artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha

Just received them this morning!

I am wearing Dzing! today and I can't but help think of Bvlgari Black. I think the two are very similar, similar enough that owning both may just be a bit redundant. Does anyone else find these two to be siblings? Dzing! is just missing the plasticky smell of Bvlgari Black.
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Splash Bottles Suck
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VintagePoison View Post
    I got these three on a buy two get one free deal:

L'artisan Parfumeur Dzing!
    L'artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu
    L'artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha

Just received them this morning!

I am wearing Dzing! today and I can't but help think of Bvlgari Black. I think the two are very similar, similar enough that owning both may just be a bit redundant. Does anyone else find these two to be siblings? Dzing! is just missing the plasticky smell of Bvlgari Black.
    Nice acquisitions, VintagePoison! I wouldn't mind a bottle of Dzing myself but I've never been able to find it sold at a discounted price. I have never noticed a similarity to Bvlgari Black, but I smelled Black a long time ago and only briefly, at a Sephora.

Donna Karan Essence Jasmine. Thanks to the lovely BNer, who introduced me to that one.

I think I am good on jasmine for a while!
    Last edited by kalli; 11th November 2013 at 09:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curly11 View Post
    I'm guessing you've smelled Ballet Rouges before.
    Yep! I have a travel spray.

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Pell Wall 1953 Parfum, with refill and a mini of the EdT.

1953.jpg

Also Gin & Lime, which is Unisex & in the corresponding MFD thread.

Plus a bunch of samples from various places this month.

image.jpg

image.jpg I got the 5 oz. EDT

image.jpg

image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Jeanne Arthes- Love Generation Fashion Victim
    Tesori d'Oriente- Royal Oud Dello Yemen

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Iso E Super, Cedramber, Amber Oil, and Benzoin Essence for some small home experiments!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Today I Bought - November, 2013

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...e%5FMundi.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

profumum rosa mundi
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kumquat; 21st November 2013 at 09:49 PM.

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Just arrived today, a result of a generous giveaway here by O'Driu.
    IMG_1935ekbw.jpg Eva Kant

Thanks v.much!
    Last edited by lpp; 22nd November 2013 at 06:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi gang -

After discovering during the Chicago meet-up that Penhaligon's Lily & Spice was *nowhere* to be found, I went hunting and found a solid perfume compact of this lovely fragrance on Beauty Encounter. Bit the bullet (with a discount code) and aside from worrying that the stuff is going to melt all over the mirror, I'm delighted with the acquisition! It smells divine.

The pic completely obscures the pretty scroll work on the compact - Hmph!

It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Post Thanks / Like

TIM_5071.jpgTIM_5072.jpgTIM_5076.jpgTIM_5074.jpgTIM_5077.jpgTIM_5078.jpg

I`ve been on a nice vintage and semi vintage trip:

Calvin by Calvin Klein - 50ml, EdT-edition (sadly not the cologne ...)
    Aramis Life - 50ml - short ingredients list
    Opium EdT - 60 ml, 2/3-full, vintage, with marketing sheet
    Yves Rocher Nature - 50ml - short ingredients list
    ... and some Marbert Man vintage editions ...
    Se son fiori fioriranno ...

Post Thanks / Like

Wow some gorgeous scents here........looks like it has been a good month everyone......enjoy and let us know your thoughts if you have time!
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Just arrived today, a result of a generous giveaway here by O'Driu.
    IMG_1935ekbw.jpg Eva Kant
    Congrats lpp and bravo to O'Driu! Would be interested to hear what it's like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Vintage Patous:
    Que Sais-Je, Normandie, Cocktail and Caline
    Last edited by Fleurine; 22nd November 2013 at 09:03 PM.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Thierry Mugler Coffret set with 5 from the Mirror Mirror collection
    Tom Ford Fleur de Chine- miniature
    Tom Ford Rive d'Ambre- miniature
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais- miniature

Post Thanks / Like

@lpp. Good job on the perfume. I don't know O'Driu, but winning a giveaway is always nice. I do want to compliment you on the inclusion of the comic book panel. Which comic series is it from? Is the perfume based on the comic book character?

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Curly & rowan - thank you, it was a very nice surprise!
    The pic is of the character - sorry, no idea which series.
    The scent was created for the character - see
    http://www.odriu.eu/store/products/2-eva-kant.html#
    and
    http://sbamcomics.it/blog/tag/%E2%80...nale%E2%80%8B/

I've only been wearing it for a couple of hours but initially it made me feel a bit like arriving at a London rail terminus on the way to an evening out & passing those massive fruit/flower stalls with the juicy, fresh citrus displays - grapefruit & a bit of lavender -- not that it's in any way sickly fruity at all, sort of rather urban, stylish & sharp to start, mellowing down now with a bit of ylang/vanilla coming in..benzoin... spicy things going on too.

Impressed with the quality, unusual - it will be worn
    Last edited by lpp; 22nd November 2013 at 09:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Hi Curly & rowan - thank you, it was a very nice surprise!
    The pic is of the character - sorry, no idea which series.
    The scent was created for the character - see
    http://www.odriu.eu/store/products/2-eva-kant.html#
    and
    http://sbamcomics.it/blog/tag/%E2%80...nale%E2%80%8B/

I've only been wearing it for a couple of hours but initially it made me feel a bit like arriving at a London rail terminus on the way to an evening out & passing those massive fruit/flower stalls with the juicy, fresh citrus displays - grapefruit & a bit of lavender -- not that it's in any way sickly fruity at all, sort of rather urban, stylish & sharp to start, mellowing down now with a bit of ylang/vanilla coming in..benzoin... spicy things going on too.

Impressed with the quality, unusual - it will be worn
    Well, high quality and impressive scent is an absolute bonus when winning a giveaway. Sometimes it's difficult to discern exactly how a perfume will smell if all you have is a list of notes.

Post Thanks / Like

Cuir de Lancome now lives in my drawer!

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curly11 View Post
    Well, high quality and impressive scent is an absolute bonus when winning a giveaway. Sometimes it's difficult to discern exactly how a perfume will smell if all you have is a list of notes.

Agree, Curly11 - my feeling is that it definitely suits the character!
    Perhaps not totally earth-shattering to someone of my advanced years & peculiar tastes, but very interesting, non-generic & wearable.
    Last edited by lpp; 23rd November 2013 at 09:46 AM.

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere.

Post Thanks / Like

OOOH Kalli, I love that one, nice pick!

Thank you!!.

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, grab your gas masks. 100 ml Amarige EdT splash. At least I won't be spraying it!
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Splash Bottles Suck
    Post Thanks / Like

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere.
    Nice move Kalli, especially with the pending packaging change/reformulation on the horizon!

I feel like I'm going to confession. But here goes, have bought the following:

-Sycamore (back up bottle)
    -31 Rue Cambon
    -No.22
    -Une Fleur de Cassie
    -Magnetic scent untitled #1

Best stop now.

------updated--------

Oops forgot , these may have snuck into November too, if not then was late October.

-Grey Vetiver
    -Naricso Rodrigez for Her Musc Collection Intense
    -Eau de Cologne
    -Infusion d'Iris

Last edited by Xscent; 26th November 2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: more confessions and a pic!
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Wingie View Post
    Nice move Kalli, especially with the pending packaging change/reformulation on the horizon!
    though, it's just a rumor now or? Nothing has been confirmed, right? I've been wanting it for a long time anyway.

Xscent, congrats!. I think I did like the Rue Cambon, wouldn't mind a split of that one..but Beige, that darned Beige..is way higher on the list. I say that darned Beige cause I don't have it yet. lol. Those exclusifs are sooo expensive though.