Code of Conduct

Question Cherrywood source?

Anyone know where I can get real cherrywood fragrance oil/absolute (or from another prunus species?) I tried some synthetic today and it was wonderful on me. It was one of those "stars aligning" type experiences, so I would like to try the real thing.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Cherrywood source?

You'll probably need to search for Fragrance oils suppliers, mostly used for making soap, and lotions, creams etc...

I've seen a fragrance oil search engine, but my 30 seconds of searching didn't bring it up, so you'll need to look around yourself.

A couple of the larger fragrance oils companies are Save-on-scents, Scent Works, and others, you'll just have to look around. As far as I know, there isn't a real Cherrywood EO produced, unless for in house consumption. I've never seen a public product for sale.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by cuallito View Post
    Anyone know where I can get real cherrywood fragrance oil/absolute (or from another prunus species?) I tried some synthetic today and it was wonderful on me. It was one of those "stars aligning" type experiences, so I would like to try the real thing.
    Maybe you search something, smelling like cherry pits? If so, from naturals look at almond EO (Prunus armeniaca). From synthetics what I have - acetophenone (phenyl methyl ketone), but there is many more, just I still don't have them... http://www.thegoodscentscompany.com/...=10&submit.y=8

I have a few ml of cherrywood EO and it's rather lovely. The person who gave it to me should be in the country for a few days near Christmas; if I see him I'll ask about its availability.

-

Basenotes Plus

Skelly, I'd really like some as well...

PK
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Yes Skelly, I would be interested in getting some...

If I find out I'll be sure to post.

-