Code of Conduct

Default My Baby loves Chanel Coco Noir...... But where to next?

Hi Ladies,
    Please help me if you can. My Gorgeous Lover adores the Coco Noir I bought for her and little wonder, its smells stunning on her skin. I'd like to build on this success with something equally wonderful.... any suggestions as to what she may be enchanted by?

Thanks ever so much

Default Re: My Baby loves Chanel Coco Noir...... But where to next?

Dazhel that is a lovely sentiment. Where you wanting something similar or different for your love? Are there any notes that you particularly like on her?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Two directions that I see you can go, if you both like Coco Noir (I'm a big fan). These are just two things which enhance my favorite aspects of the fragrance. I think there are many other possibilities.

One would be to go with Coco Mademoiselle, which would be going toward something like the sweet part of Coco Noir. A lot of people who like Coco Noir, like Coco Mad even better.

Another would be Timbuktu, by L'Artisan Parfumeur. That would be something that resembles the low-key, radiant woody side of Coco Noir. That smells very awesome on women, too. Subtle, not girly, but very noticeable in a good way.

You might also want to try Chanel Chance. I personally don't get this fragrance on paper, and I have to tell you that it is not very loved on the perfume lover boards. However, I know a woman whose skin makes this one smell absolutely fantastic. One time I did her a favor, and in return she answered my question about what was her signature scent that smelled so great. I was actually surprised, because Chance never smelled like that to me in stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Dazhel that is a lovely sentiment. Where you wanting something similar or different for your love? Are there any notes that you particularly like on her?
    Hi, thank you for taking an interest. She's a complicated but very sweet woman and I find Coco Noir reflects that. Yes it's the sweetness and sophistication of Noir that pleases her and enchants me. It just keys into her personality. Hope this helps a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Two directions that I see you can go, if you both like Coco Noir (I'm a big fan). These are just two things which enhance my favorite aspects of the fragrance. I think there are many other possibilities.

One would be to go with Coco Mademoiselle, which would be going toward something like the sweet part of Coco Noir. A lot of people who like Coco Noir, like Coco Mad even better.

Another would be Timbuktu, by L'Artisan Parfumeur. That would be something that resembles the low-key, radiant woody side of Coco Noir. That smells very awesome on women, too. Subtle, not girly, but very noticeable in a good way.

You might also want to try Chanel Chance. I personally don't get this fragrance on paper, and I have to tell you that it is not very loved on the perfume lover boards. However, I know a woman whose skin makes this one smell absolutely fantastic. One time I did her a favor, and in return she answered my question about what was her signature scent that smelled so great. I was actually surprised, because Chance never smelled like that to me in stores.
    Hi RP. Thank you so much for your suggestions which I will be looking into. I think you've already intuited a some of my objectives here I guess I should have said that the slightly dark richness of Noir is something I find incredibly sensuous and, yes, whatever I choose shouldn't be too girly..... Though she's full of girly fun at times.

She sounds lovely. I was also thinking Coco Mademoiselle as Red suggested. I find it a bit louder than Coco Noir. For something a bit different have you thought trying the Chanel Excluifs line, Cuir de Russie is lovely, the Parfum concentration especially.

Heading into a different direction something like Amouage Lyric for women or Homage Attar. These two I find these two wear beautifully. Lyric is red rose, spicy and resinous. Homage attar is a perfume oil that I find has a rose character enhanced by by other florals (jasmine) rounded with amber and white musk. It has an interesting oud, incense notes that lends a wonderful complexity to the fragrance.

The other that I enjoy and think she might like is Bottega Veneta a floral and soft leather combination. Interesting without being too sweet or overbearing.

Your efforts to find something reflecting her taste is really special. Good luck.

----Update----

Just wanted to add maybe try some Guerlains as well, Shalimar might suit her well. Composed of citrus notes; lemon and bergamot, jasmine, may rose, opoponax, Tonka bean, vanilla, iris, Peru balsam and gray amber.
    Last edited by Xscent; 3rd November 2013 at 11:38 AM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Hi xscent, Thank you for your suggestions and your kindness. The Shalimar thing has struck a chord as I smelt Shalimar Initial only the other day and was very impressed. Looks like a short list is coming together here. Thank you all so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi dazhel -

I like the idea of Guerlain too, but Shalimar can be difficult for young women to appreciate without a bit of getting used to. I'd suggest Shalimar Parfum Initial as it has the Shalimar DNA, but tweaked a bit for the modern market (the market who would smell classic Shalimar and think "old lady.") I must say though that I don't like Shalimar, so I'm admittedly biased, but I absolutely adore SPI - it's quickly become one of my favorite perfumes, regardless of house.

Whatever you end up choosing I'm sure she'll love it - I always appreciate perfume gifts, and whether or not it becomes a most-worn fragrance, I always remember the giver very fondly and think of them every time I wear it ...but ideally, she'll go mad for it and wear it all the time! Good luck!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Hi dazhel -

I like the idea of Guerlain too, but Shalimar can be difficult for young women to appreciate without a bit of getting used to. I'd suggest Shalimar Parfum Initial as it has the Shalimar DNA, but tweaked a bit for the modern market (the market who would smell classic Shalimar and think "old lady.") I must say though that I don't like Shalimar, so I'm admittedly biased, but I absolutely adore SPI - it's quickly become one of my favorite perfumes, regardless of house.

Whatever you end up choosing I'm sure she'll love it - I always appreciate perfume gifts, and whether or not it becomes a most-worn fragrance, I always remember the giver very fondly and think of them every time I wear it ...but ideally, she'll go mad for it and wear it all the time! Good luck!
    HI Evangeline, Aren't you all being lovely to me? I feel spoiled... and I know you all smell great too. I like it here. Very much.
    The Shalimar Initial thing strikes a real chord with me as I don't want to buy a serious 'classic' only to have her think I think she should smell like granny. I've sampled Initial and its stunning so I'm taken with that idea. I like the Coco Mademoiselle thing too and the Bottega Veneta (I love a hint of leather on a woman.... Ahem!)
    You are right though.... I want this fragrance to be memorable, a representation of how I feel about her and what I think is wonderful about her. Maybe it will take more than one perfume to do that..... it is nearly Christmas after all..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Are you able to get access to niche fragrances like Montale and Amouage? Or are you strictly shopping in Department stores. ( where you might find Annick Goutal or Estée Lauder).
    I think it's great that you are shopping for the woman in your life!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In other words,; are you either in a large city such as New York or willing to order through the Internet?

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Are you able to get access to niche fragrances like Montale and Amouage? Or are you strictly shopping in Department stores. ( where you might find Annick Goutal or Estée Lauder).
    I think it's great that you are shopping for the woman in your life!

Hi Kumquat,
    I rarely get time to shop so I use Ebay etc a lot. Thank you for your kind remarks: I'm making an effort and hoping to please her. It also suits me that she smells, as well as looks, like heaven.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Narcisco Rodriguez for her is a sexy rosy oriental available in most large Dept stores. You might like Chinatown-Bond No.9. (there are lots of great Bonds-Nuits de Noho is nice, too.) I agree that you should definitely check out Chanel-Bois des Iles, famous for its gingerbread note.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default My Baby loves Chanel Coco Noir...... But where to next?

You really should try Montale Black Aoud sometime, too. I think it's a real beauty. Rich and sensuous. Most men seem to like this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Bois De Îles and also Cuir de Russie if you like that yummy leather note. I have just bought the Narciso Rodriguez for Her the EdP seems a deeper experience over the EdT.

Would love to know what you bought and how she liked it Happy hunting.

Hi Kumquat, Hi Xscent........ So far I have Shalimar Initial in the bag, this will be followed very soon by Narciso . Yet to find others you have all been good enough to suggest. I'm keeping them until nearer Christmas when I hope to knock my beloved dead with my good taste.... Naturally you lot won't get any credit at all, Except in my head and my heart. I'll let you know how it went and big thanks to you all.
    I've seen the Narciso in two different colours. Are they different?
    Last edited by dazhel; 9th November 2013 at 06:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The pink Narcisco is the one to get. The black one is very weak and boring. Have fun shopping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dazhel View Post
    Hi Kumquat, Hi Xscent........ So far I have Shalimar Initial in the bag, this will be followed very soon by Narciso . Yet to find others you have all been good enough to suggest. I'm keeping them until nearer Christmas when I hope to knock my beloved dead with my good taste.... Naturally you lot won't get any credit at all, Except in my head and my heart. I'll let you know how it went and big thanks to you all.
    I've seen the Narciso in two different colours. Are they different?
    Shalimar Parfum Initial is an excellent choice! I think it's definitely part of the same "new wave" of reworked classics that has swept through the major houses, and to which Coco Noir belongs. SPI has a different personality than CN, but it has the same youth and modernity. Good call!

(Another in this category would be Chanel no. 5 Eau Première, one of my favorites!)

Agree with Kumquat, the pink EdP is the way to go the one for Him is also quite good (Musc Collection) maybe something to consider for your good self?

Ooh! The Chanel no. 5 Initial has caught my eye: thank you RP.
    Hi Xscent, I already own the NR for men and although I admire it I don't often wear it as it seems to wear me rather than work with me if that makes any sense at all.......

Great selection! She will love them Re: NR for Him, I can see how that can happen, fragrance is such an individual thing.

+1 on Bois des Iles.

Maybe someone can suggest another fruitchouli.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.