Code of Conduct

Default Serge Lutens Special Edition Release?

I have been considering SL's Cuir Mauresque and found a website offering it for sale, but the description says that it is a 'Special Edition Release'. Can anyone explain what this means? I am afeared that it means it will be yanked off the shelves very soon. Hopefully, I am wrong.

Default Re: Serge Lutens Special Edition Release?

I read somewhere that Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque is available as a bell jar at the Paris store or "for a limited time", as a 50ml export in the rectangular spray bottle. Maybe that's why it said special edition but I've seen it available at many online sites so it's not a hard to find fragrance! Fragrancex has it.

Every year Lutens would select one of the Paris exclusive fragrances to join the export line for one year. After that year the particular fragrance would return to the exclusive line and another would take its pIace for the next year. I believe this is what you are describing.

Cuir Mauresque was the special edition for 2010.

I'm not sure about it, but I read somewhere that Lutens is no longer doing the rotating special editions.

Cuir Mauresque is normally only available in the Bell Jar, boutique, about three years ago it was released for a limited time only in the 50mls export spray bottle(the normal bottles you see for say Arabie). When the stock of the limited release ran out it was gone only available as the bell jar from the boutique again.

Serge did this every year a boutique bell jar came out in the export range for that year only. Some actually did stay in the export range but Cuir did not.

I bought Cuir Mauresque when it was released in the export range but now it has gone. So if you see a bottle at a good price grab it, or its $200+ as the bell jar.

They only release the boutique now in the travel two 30mls with the case at £110. This year it is Iris Silver Mist not sure of the other one. But you cannot buy refills only the full set with the case each time. In fact last year it was Ambre Sultan in the travel set so not boutique range only.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I'm not sure about it, but I read somewhere that Lutens is no longer doing the rotating special editions.
    That's interesting. I see on the official website that they are now being offered as the "Selective Distribution" range (the export range). It looks like Cuir Mauresque is still there, along with other limited edition such as MKK and Borneo 1834. I wonder if they have joined the export range... or if they're just remnants of stock from a few years ago?

http://us.sergelutens.com/purchase/s...ragrances.html

The other travel spray scent is Fourreau Noir.

Thanks for the feedback help everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by chypre View Post
    That's interesting. I see on the official website that they are now being offered as the "Selective Distribution" range (the export range). It looks like Cuir Mauresque is still there, along with other limited edition such as MKK and Borneo 1834. I wonder if they have joined the export range... or if they're just remnants of stock from a few years ago?

http://us.sergelutens.com/purchase/s...ragrances.html
    That will be just remnants stock. I tried to get Borneo a few times but nowhere in the UK has the export bottle. You can get Bois de Violette in the export bottle but only in Harrods and Liberty's at 50mls for £130
    DONNA

Like everyone said.

They'd release one from the Paris exclusives every year. In 50ml rectangular bottles.

They stopped this when they launched the Paris exclusives in NYC!

That is unfair for people not in the US.

CM is a masterpiece Danieq!

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    That will be just remnants stock. I tried to get Borneo a few times but nowhere in the UK has the export bottle. You can get Bois de Violette in the export bottle but only in Harrods and Liberty's at 50mls for £130
    Thanks for clarifying, Donna. I *almost* got my hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Like everyone said.

They'd release one from the Paris exclusives every year. In 50ml rectangular bottles.

They stopped this when they launched the Paris exclusives in NYC!

That is unfair for people not in the US.

CM is a masterpiece Danieq!
    hedonist, they have replaced the yearly 'Ephemeral' scents with the travel sprays (Le Vaporisateur Tout Noir). This year's are Iris Silver Mist and Fourreau Noir, as donna255 and cazaubon has mentioned (last year's were from the regular line, Ambre Sultan and Feminité du Bois). The travel sprays are not exclusives, so the rest of the world do get access to the boutique exclusives in this little way.

Quote Originally Posted by Maque View Post
    hedonist, they have replaced the yearly 'Ephemeral' scents with the travel sprays (Le Vaporisateur Tout Noir). This year's are Iris Silver Mist and Fourreau Noir, as donna255 and cazaubon has mentioned (last year's were from the regular line, Ambre Sultan and Feminité du Bois). The travel sprays are not exclusives, so the rest of the world do get access to the boutique exclusives in this little way.
    Serge can keep his petty little 'Le Vaporisateur Tout Noir' for himself.

Clearly he only values customers on the US.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Clearly he only values customers on the US.
    Or maybe Serge thinks all us Americans are rich. Wouldn't that be nice!

The Cuir Mauresque spray bottle is still easily available in Germany. I recently bought one at Douglas in Cologne.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    The Cuir Mauresque spray bottle is still easily available in Germany. I recently bought one at Douglas in Cologne.
    Same here.

A lot of the limited releases are still avaialble.

I even bought a couple of bottles or Vetiver Oriental last year and VO was released many many years ago.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    Also in Paris. I was at the SL shop at Palais Royal a couple of weeks ago and they were selling Cuir Mauresque in the 50 ml atomiser.