Code of Conduct

Default nasamatto hindu grass

tried this one a few days ago,,,very smoky/soapy grassy note(maybe vetiver,,,probably vetiver)..cant really pick out anything else in this one,,,it lasted all day with only 2 swabs to my arm
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Default Re: nasamatto hindu grass

That sounds nice. I've wondered about this one ... I've read that it's fairly heavy with patchouli, which is the one note that I don't get along with too well. And that's the reason I've avoided it.

I am not a fan of this stuff at all. All I get from it is patchouli.
    Glad you like it though!
    "I am more afraid of an army of 100 Sheep led by a Lion than an army of 100 Lions led by a Sheep."
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Christian Dior

I am also not a fan of patchouli at all but even I cannot deny the drydown of this beast. Absolute heaven.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    I am not a fan of this stuff at all.
    This doesn't sit well with me either.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

I don't recommend this scent, even though I own it. I had read reviews which warned about it, but one day I was in a real patchouli mood in the store, and I just fell in love with it and bought it. I have never since been in a similar mood, and so it just sits around. I've tried it a couple of times anyway, and no dice.

On the other hand, vintage Givenchy Gentleman is an excellent way to get your patchouli fix. AND, I just sniffed the New York Patchouli from Bond no. 9, and it's pretty fabulous. So there are far better options, IMO.
    There is no beauty
    That cannot be more abused
    To beauty's effect.

https://cologniac.com
    - raging for the machines

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I don't recommend this scent, even though I own it. I had read reviews which warned about it, but one day I was in a real patchouli mood in the store, and I just fell in love with it and bought it. I have never since been in a similar mood, and so it just sits around. I've tried it a couple of times anyway, and no dice.

On the other hand, vintage Givenchy Gentleman is an excellent way to get your patchouli fix. AND, I just sniffed the New York Patchouli from Bond no. 9, and it's pretty fabulous. So there are far better options, IMO.
    The furthest i'd be willing to go for a patchouli fix is Karma by Lush lol
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Christian Dior

Power Where You Need It

Probably the only fragrance by Nasomatto I like but still not enough to get a full bottle. With that said, this is all about patchouli IMO.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Blog Entries

Nice fresh take on patchouli. Easy to wear. But somewhat pricey for what it does.
    Currently wearing: 11 by Le Cherche Midi

Don't like any of this line -- all nuclear, i.e. not one hint of finesse. Black Afgano would be well nice if it was tempered a bit.

I could not really warm up to Hindu Grass either. It base patchouli with some green grassy elements too. But, it just doesn't work wonderfully. I like patchouli fragrances a lot, but this is a take it or leave it kind of fragrance for me. From Nasomatto I do like Duro, Pardon and Silver Musk. For a green patchouli scent that does work very well I recommend Javanese Patchouli from E. Zegna - it's fantastic.
    wardrobe fav's: cdg heretic amulet • grimoire • santo incienso • guerlain lui • black gemstone • beach hut • guilty absolute • zegna elements of man passion • tuscan leather • bois d' encens • zegna incense gold • chocolatl • baccarat rouge 540 extrait • oud wood intense • zoologist camel • winter nights • indian spice

i tried it again last night and i will be giving my sample away to a coworker..he has all my sample vials that i dont like or qre old and i barely wear

Guys go out in public wearing 10 sprays of Black Afgano, and then shy away from a nice patchouli fragrance...strange times people :/