Code of Conduct

Default nasamatto hindu grass

tried this one a few days ago,,,very smoky/soapy grassy note(maybe vetiver,,,probably vetiver)..cant really pick out anything else in this one,,,it lasted all day with only 2 swabs to my arm
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Default Re: nasamatto hindu grass

That sounds nice. I've wondered about this one ... I've read that it's fairly heavy with patchouli, which is the one note that I don't get along with too well. And that's the reason I've avoided it.

I am not a fan of this stuff at all. All I get from it is patchouli.
    Glad you like it though!

I am also not a fan of patchouli at all but even I cannot deny the drydown of this beast. Absolute heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    I am not a fan of this stuff at all.
    This doesn't sit well with me either.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

I don't recommend this scent, even though I own it. I had read reviews which warned about it, but one day I was in a real patchouli mood in the store, and I just fell in love with it and bought it. I have never since been in a similar mood, and so it just sits around. I've tried it a couple of times anyway, and no dice.

On the other hand, vintage Givenchy Gentleman is an excellent way to get your patchouli fix. AND, I just sniffed the New York Patchouli from Bond no. 9, and it's pretty fabulous. So there are far better options, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I don't recommend this scent, even though I own it. I had read reviews which warned about it, but one day I was in a real patchouli mood in the store, and I just fell in love with it and bought it. I have never since been in a similar mood, and so it just sits around. I've tried it a couple of times anyway, and no dice.

On the other hand, vintage Givenchy Gentleman is an excellent way to get your patchouli fix. AND, I just sniffed the New York Patchouli from Bond no. 9, and it's pretty fabulous. So there are far better options, IMO.
    The furthest i'd be willing to go for a patchouli fix is Karma by Lush lol

Probably the only fragrance by Nasomatto I like but still not enough to get a full bottle. With that said, this is all about patchouli IMO.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Nice fresh take on patchouli. Easy to wear. But somewhat pricey for what it does.

Don't like any of this line -- all nuclear, i.e. not one hint of finesse. Black Afgano would be well nice if it was tempered a bit.

I could not really warm up to Hindu Grass either. It base patchouli with some green grassy elements too. But, it just doesn't work wonderfully. I like patchouli fragrances a lot, but this is a take it or leave it kind of fragrance for me. From Nasomatto I do like Duro, Pardon and Silver Musk. For a green patchouli scent that does work very well I recommend Javanese Patchouli from E. Zegna - it's fantastic.

i tried it again last night and i will be giving my sample away to a coworker..he has all my sample vials that i dont like or qre old and i barely wear

Guys go out in public wearing 10 sprays of Black Afgano, and then shy away from a nice patchouli fragrance...strange times people :/