Code of Conduct

Default New from Oriflame: Manful

From gb.oriflame.com:
    manful_ad.jpg
    Feel your desires awaken with this intoxicating fusion of exotic saffron, cinnamon bark and roasted tonka bean notes. Manful Eau de Toilette exudes carnal power and cries out for closeness. £13.95 for 75 ml.

manful.jpg

The name is a bit..much, but the notes sounds pleasingly spicy. I think it's been available since August/September, has anyone tried it?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Default Re: New from Oriflame: Manful

Agree that a better name could have been chosen. Don't often run into this brand except in my travels.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Architect wasn't anything special at all, so not rushing to try this one.

I must say the notes make it seem a dessert for starved supermodels.

cacio

I got this perfume today, blind buy. Wow, I didn't expect it to be this girly. I was open for something new but this stroke me as a women's fragrance from the start. As it evaporates, things get a little better but just a little.
    This is a unisex fragrance at best, certainly not manful as they call it. It would smell alright on a middle aged lady maybe but definitely not the first choice for a man.

Quote Originally Posted by espresso. View Post
    I got this perfume today, blind buy. Wow, I didn't expect it to be this girly. I was open for something new but this stroke me as a women's fragrance from the start. As it evaporates, things get a little better but just a little.
    This is a unisex fragrance at best, certainly not manful as they call it. It would smell alright on a middle aged lady maybe but definitely not the first choice for a man.
    Well, Oriflame is Swedish.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14038419

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/mot...with-that.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1590572.html

Yeah, well if they're raising a nation of hermaphrodites, that's one thing but they sell most of their perfumes to Russians for god's sake :
    Anyway, they have a few very good fragrances. I like Signature and Ascendant best. And the rest is so, so ( I smelled around 20 of their man fragrances). But this one is the first that smells like lady's perfume.

I'd like to hear some other opinions on Manful. Maybe there's something I'm missing here, and maybe there's somebody more experienced with perfumes to enlighten me on this one.
    Last edited by espresso.; 7th November 2013 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by espresso. View Post
    Thanks for your impressions, espresso. So not really spicy then, that's disappointing to hear..
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

It just seems different... Don't get me wrong, it actually smells nice and I enjoy smelling it... I'm just not sure how to feel about it. After several days I like it more than I did in the beginning but still I'm confused.

I didn't ask anyone yet but I think that girls would like to smell something like this on a man they love. I'd describe it as a fragrance for a man who is blindly in love, oblivious to the world around him.