Code of Conduct

Default Eau noire discontinued

I think this has been discussed before but I thought I would mention it. I bought a bottle today in Selfridges Dior boutique only to find they had large bottles only. I did manage to buy 125ml in Harrods but it was confirmed it will no longer be available after stock runs out.
    Took me 8 years to get around to loving this so I'm glad I just made it before it's gone.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Eau noire discontinued

This really sucks ! Thanks for letting us know. Eau Noire is a modern classic now surely.

Mitzah, Vetiver, now Eau Noire, the best are going. But I think there is still lots of old stocks in the stores, if one needs.

cacio

I was told it was because of poor sales. But then the SA told me one man recently bought 10 large bottles upon hearing of its demise!
    I work in sales myself and I would be buzzing if I made a sale like that. Makes no sense to me.

Obviously that man either likes it a lot, or he is thinking about selling it in the future.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

She also mentioned every time a scent is discontinued a new one will take its place. Hope that means a new one soon.

There has been talk of Mitzah and Vetiver being discontinued for quite a while now. But big bottles of both are readily available. Never inquired about smaller bottles so not sure.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Starting such rumors is not a bad way to drum up flagging sales IMHO. Eau Noire is too much of an oddball for me; I respect it but I certainly won't miss it.

This is terrible news (in the fragrance world anyway) and a very brave creation which I enjoyed wearing, has gone

Guerlainista

kusum65 - thanks for the news. That was the nudge I needed to get off the fence. I've been procrastinating buying a replacement bottle after swapping away the first one I bought. I soon regretted it.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Basenotes Junkie

Would love a decant of it, for the uniqueness of it . Anyone wanna trade ?
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior Privee, Chanel Exclusif, Creed, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, MOLECULE 01
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Very disappointing news. It's one of the best in the line.

Hopefully they stay the hell away from Leather Oud!

Quote Originally Posted by chill123 View Post
    There has been talk of Mitzah and Vetiver being discontinued for quite a while now. But big bottles of both are readily available. Never inquired about smaller bottles so not sure.
    I was told by the manager at the Dior boutique in Las Vegas where I purchased these when they first came out, that once the stock is depleted - that's it. They would not be getting any more.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

Agreed hippo! Beauties like Vetiver and now EN go to the chopping block while others ( I won't mention names of blah privee releases like bois d argent ) remain untouched . Even speak of Leather Oud or Oud Ispahan being discontinued , and you will have a fight on your hands Dior !!!
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior Privee, Chanel Exclusif, Creed, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, MOLECULE 01
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

I'm afraid I'll be one of the very few to NOT miss this one. I'm a big immortelle freak but Eau Noire is sickening sweet IMO. Meh...sorry guys.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Starting such rumors is not a bad way to drum up flagging sales IMHO. Eau Noire is too much of an oddball for me; I respect it but I certainly won't miss it.
    Agree, could be a scare tactic and as a result people panic and buy on the spot. Having a hard time believing that it's on the chopping block right now.

I really enjoy the scent, it's a classic case of a love/hate fragrance. Few have said they find it alright.