Code of Conduct

Default Eau noire discontinued

I think this has been discussed before but I thought I would mention it. I bought a bottle today in Selfridges Dior boutique only to find they had large bottles only. I did manage to buy 125ml in Harrods but it was confirmed it will no longer be available after stock runs out.
    Took me 8 years to get around to loving this so I'm glad I just made it before it's gone.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Eau noire discontinued

This really sucks ! Thanks for letting us know. Eau Noire is a modern classic now surely.
    Currently wearing: Angel by Thierry Mugler

Mitzah, Vetiver, now Eau Noire, the best are going. But I think there is still lots of old stocks in the stores, if one needs.

cacio

I was told it was because of poor sales. But then the SA told me one man recently bought 10 large bottles upon hearing of its demise!
    I work in sales myself and I would be buzzing if I made a sale like that. Makes no sense to me.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Obviously that man either likes it a lot, or he is thinking about selling it in the future.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

She also mentioned every time a scent is discontinued a new one will take its place. Hope that means a new one soon.

There has been talk of Mitzah and Vetiver being discontinued for quite a while now. But big bottles of both are readily available. Never inquired about smaller bottles so not sure.

Starting such rumors is not a bad way to drum up flagging sales IMHO. Eau Noire is too much of an oddball for me; I respect it but I certainly won't miss it.

This is terrible news (in the fragrance world anyway) and a very brave creation which I enjoyed wearing, has gone

kusum65 - thanks for the news. That was the nudge I needed to get off the fence. I've been procrastinating buying a replacement bottle after swapping away the first one I bought. I soon regretted it.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dependent

Would love a decant of it, for the uniqueness of it . Anyone wanna trade ?
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Basenotes Institution JiveHippo's Avatar

Very disappointing news. It's one of the best in the line.

Hopefully they stay the hell away from Leather Oud!

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by chill123 View Post
    There has been talk of Mitzah and Vetiver being discontinued for quite a while now. But big bottles of both are readily available. Never inquired about smaller bottles so not sure.
    I was told by the manager at the Dior boutique in Las Vegas where I purchased these when they first came out, that once the stock is depleted - that's it. They would not be getting any more.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

Agreed hippo! Beauties like Vetiver and now EN go to the chopping block while others ( I won't mention names of blah privee releases like bois d argent ) remain untouched . Even speak of Leather Oud or Oud Ispahan being discontinued , and you will have a fight on your hands Dior !!!
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Power Where You Need It

I'm afraid I'll be one of the very few to NOT miss this one. I'm a big immortelle freak but Eau Noire is sickening sweet IMO. Meh...sorry guys.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Starting such rumors is not a bad way to drum up flagging sales IMHO. Eau Noire is too much of an oddball for me; I respect it but I certainly won't miss it.
    Agree, could be a scare tactic and as a result people panic and buy on the spot. Having a hard time believing that it's on the chopping block right now.

I really enjoy the scent, it's a classic case of a love/hate fragrance. Few have said they find it alright.

This is still being sold online at Dior's website and in Neimans stores.. are we totally sure it was discontinued?

A dior rep in Saks Chicago told me the same thing a long time ago. I didn't really care since I can't stand the stuff.
    I feel like a) they use scare tactics to boost sales b) generally are clueless.
    "I am more afraid of an army of 100 Sheep led by a Lion than an army of 100 Lions led by a Sheep."
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Christian Dior

Just left the Wynn Dior boutique in Vegas. They apparently have a good stock of away Noire. Bought me two bottles!
    Seasonal top 5:
    1) MEMO African Leather
    2) Francis Maison Kurkdjian Oud
    3) Tauerville Incense Flash
    4) Guerlain Heritage EDP
    5) Serge Lutens Encens et Lavande

SALES THREAD!
    SWAP THREAD
    Now offering 50ml Dior Eau Noire Splits!

User of Toilet Water

It seems that other than Cologne Blanche, no La Collection Privée fragrances have actually been discontinued. They are just in limited production, distribution, and size (only 250ml.) As I type this, Vetiver is available to order on the UK and French websites and Mitzah is available on the French site as well. Though the topic of this thread, Eau Noire, isn't currently available to order on any of Dior's websites, but it is listed on the U.S and French ones.
    Currently wearing: Opus VI by Amouage

don't deceive with belief

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    It seems that other than Cologne Blanche, no La Collection Privée fragrances have actually been discontinued. They are just in limited production, distribution, and size (only 250ml.) As I type this, Vetiver is available to order on the UK and French websites and Mitzah is available on the French site as well. Though the topic of this thread, Eau Noire, isn't currently available to order on any of Dior's websites, but it is listed on the U.S and French ones.
    Exactly.

Before anyone jumps saying 'X' (Eau Noire / Vetiver / Mitzah / Granville / ....) is not available to buy, they come and go on the French website.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed