Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: BN meetup in 2014, possible dates and places

You never cease to amaze me, Quarry! Thanks for those tips! I like the idea of meeting in a less metropolitan location as well.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

I can say with relative certainty that I won't ever be able to make a meet-up in November -- work is just too crazy for me by then. October is also rough because it's birthday month (3 step-sons, mom, sister), but if I could swing anything at all, it would need to be earlier in the month. October, however, is much better than November.

May, June, and September would tend to be the best months for me. And I'll go anywhere. Especially if there's a Barney's. I do love me some SF, NYC, and Boston. Scent Bar has always been on my fragrance Bucket List, and I've not made it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    No-Name Venue, Basenotes Retreat: If you’ve been involved in one of our well-attended events, you know it can be overwhelming in the nicest way. However, we might have just as nice a time if we met in a less metropolitan setting. If each attendee brought samples of some of their favorite or oddest fragrances and some new-release samples, we could sample and talk in a civilized way in a town where the cost of a stay could be much less.
    I find this idea incredibly appealing.
    Currently wearing: Aleksandr by Arquiste

Well, it looks like September is best for people! ((ExtremeK)), nice to see ya!!

It looks like LA and SF have the most requests...but Scent Bar seems to be what people want overall.

I'll attend if it's in Boston or NYC (not sure if that one was mentioned), but obviously, don't base this on me.

Blog Entries

Please please some day come to the east coast.
    Betsy

I have just visited SF for three days, I loved it, and very easy to get around. I would love to go back.
    www.aafke-art.com

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Blog Entries

I just saw this and may be able to clarify. Years ago, I used to put together unofficial meet-ups of Basenotes members in San Francisco (here's a link). Then, I met Tama from CaFleurBon, who was doing something similar with her facebook perfume group, so we hooked up and did a couple of large meet-ups.

Then, I stopped doing planning and became an attendee of the SF Sniff events, which have corresponded with the Artisan Fragrance Salon in SF for the last couple of years (here's a link for that).

SF is always fun because we have a lot of local fanatics and the stores and perfumers love us. Even with no planning, the sniffs are fun, but when we plan ahead, they can be pretty amazing.

If you guys end up doing San Francisco, I'd love to attend, and would be able to help out in the planning if anyone is interested, just because I've done it before, if that helps.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??
    Currently wearing: Lys 41 by Le Labo

Can I suggest that the OP set a date and place and see how many can come? It seems like September was the consensus month. I would love to go to Scentbar but I am thinking that SF would be much easier for people to get around. There is so much around Union Square. No car needed. I would be happy to assist rogalal in planning as I am in the Berkeley area also.

Ya, I was thinking maybe a more certain time/date be set. It does appear September works for most and I think it's about split on whether it's L.A. or S.F. Though, it does look like we have a couple that are willing to do the planning...so? Idk?

Well, I waited a while and there were no other suggestions but I counted and S.F. got double the votes of L.A. so, I guess it's S.F. I guess I will pick a random weekend of the 19th, 20th and 21st in order to sticky and see how many people can come. Feel free to offer to change the dates..also, if anyone is willing to do planning, that would be cool too. I know very little about S.F. except the hilly roads are a pain and hotels are pretty darn pricey from what I hear. If you are coming, perhaps say from where(if you want) for carpool ideas, etc

Thanks!

Should I start another thread and ask for it to be stickied then? For an S.F. meet up? I guess so?

Basenotes Plus

Have a great time all

Please refer to this thread for further details
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...9-19-9-21-2014