Code of Conduct

Default How to recognize GIORGIO ARMANI perfumes: year-by-year: a quick guide.

Armani-Eau-Pour-Homme.jpg

Another big -and heavy-headache!- effort:
    How to recognize Giorgio Armani perfumes, year-by-year, batch-by batch.
    Enjoy!
    http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...-perfumes.html

Default Re: How to recognize GIORGIO ARMANI perfumes: year-by-year: a quick guide.

That's excellent, Andre. Some fantastic information in there.
    I once had the very same 80s bottle as in your pictures. Long gone now.

Regards

Default Re: How to recognize GIORGIO ARMANI perfumes: year-by-year: a quick guide.

Very informative. Thanks for the info.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

While it's great to have information like this and I applaud Andre for his efforts - personally, I cannot get enough of these vintage threads, it does raise the underlying issue of how exactly you are supposed to filter out all the stuff that doesn't qualify - especially if you are doing this through eBay. Personally speaking, i have lost count of the number of times I have politely asked sellers for additional information such as photos of boxes, batch numbers only for them to never reply.

Apart from the deeper colour on the box as it was produced in the 80s (without the faux wood effect) I think it's very difficult to track this down which is kind of disheartening because there was a time when this was a very popular scent indeed.

Andre, while there has been a number of additions and amendments to the packaging, do you or anyone else know how many times Eau Pour Homme has been reformulated?

I'm assuming when it switched over from Cosmair would be one.

Regards
    Last edited by jason_newton; 4th November 2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Reformulations possibly happened during the IFRA rules enforcements.
    So, a first reformulation could happen in 1992-1993, another in 1999; then after 2006 and finally after 2010.
    In a few words: "the older, the better".
    However, I tried a "year 2002" bottle and I found it still really good, so we can assume all bottles from 1984 until -at least- 2002 are worth of.

Thx again Andre for a grt thread...