Code of Conduct

Default News from Marc De La Morandiere

Thanks to some older Basenote threads I was introduced to Gengis Khan and I can not say enough good things about it. I had just noticed another male offering on their website M pour Monsieur has anyone had any experience with this fragrance yet and if you have what are your feelings about it?

I want to share this correspondence from Marc just this past weekend. I am sure like myself there are other fans of his work. His offerings definitely fly under the radar as unique and well composed. I have great admiration on the great Mongolian offering even though I understand it was the reformulated one and I hope the future offerings listed below meet or exceed my expectations.

Dear Mr. Dayton,

Thank you for your email, we are delighted to hear from you.
    It is always a wonderful thing for us to get an insight on how our clientele experiences our fragrances.
    Especially with Gengis Khan, which holds a very special place in our house's history.

Regarding our other male fragrances, M pour Monsieur is a classic. One of our top sellers as it is multi facetted in a way to please many a man.
    The zesty Fougère accord in the top notes gives this scent a captivating yet fresh feel, given depth by a wood base and tobacco hints.
    If you are looking for something in between Gengis Khan and M pour Monsieur, we are currently working on re-issuing the original MDM Black.
    It has a very unique mint Verveine start with hints of zesty mandarine, embraced by the heady patchouli coeur and warm sandalwood. It will be available from February 2014.

Also on the works, our upcoming release will be a luxurious Oud scent: Kozmic Oud will be launched as part of an exclusive modernized line, which will carry only our top fragrances.
    This perfume line will be available through our new website by mid-december.

Hoping you will enjoy our other fragrances as much as Gengis Khan.
    Thank you again for your purchase and thank you for the great review on fragantica!

All the best,

Marine de la M.
    MDM Production

www.marcdelamorandiere.fr
    www.mdmproduction.com

P.S. Hednic, thanks for the research and numerous correspondence provided earlier this year with this House to keep everyone in the loop on the timeline to make this masterpiece available again. (Gengis Khan)

Default Re: News from Marc De La Morandiere

Thanks for sharing this message. I have M Pour Monsieur and it's a wonderful fragrance. Sephora used to carry it many years ago and that's where I got mine. It's also nice to know about Kozmic Oud. He had hinted about a new release in correspondence I had with him, but he had not given it a name at the time. Thanks for the update.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Thanks for sharing this message. I have M Pour Monsieur and it's a wonderful fragrance. Sephora used to carry it many years ago and that's where I got mine. It's also nice to know about Kozmic Oud. He had hinted about a new release in correspondence I had with him, but he had not given it a name at the time. Thanks for the update.
    That is very good to know. Also, did you notice Marine's comments about MDM Black this seems like a fragrance she is excited about reissuing?
    I am assuming Marine is the daughter and is starting to develop the line in the future with Marc overseeing?

I also have MdM White, Black & the original in that series. All very nice scents.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I also have MdM White, Black & the original in that series. All very nice scents.
    <<<--- I'll second these - i have only decants of the 3 & like all 3; planning to buy these along with the Kozmic Oud whenever it's released.

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    <<<--- I'll second these - i have only decants of the 3 & like all 3; planning to buy these along with the Kozmic Oud whenever it's released.
    Out of the three which stood out to you that would be full bottle worthy the most? Per the e-mail Marine only touched on the MDM Black being re-issued but perhaps all three someday will see the light of day.

For me the Original was my preferred.

For me the Original was my preferred.
    Thanks Hednic. Do you still correspond with Marine did she tip her hand that this Original may also be reissued? If so can you remember the notes that appeal to you on this one. I can't find this in a directory so it must be a very eclectic offering.

Haven't exchanged e-mails for a while and not sure if this was reissued. This was also carried by Sephora many years ago. i would have to go and dig it out and try it again as I honestly don't remember the notes

Is the original just called cologne also. I found a bottle listed as Cologne by MDM for an outstanding price on discontinued fragrances on line. Is this a good scent and what would you resemble it to?

Below is what it looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

Marc De La Morandiere
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Is the original just called cologne also. I found a bottle listed as Cologne by MDM for an outstanding price on discontinued fragrances on line. Is this a good scent and what would you resemble it to?

Below is what it looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

Marc De La Morandiere
    The picture you reference looks like M pour Monsieur. That is a different fragrance, which I also have.

The picture you reference looks like M pour Monsieur. That is a different fragrance, which I also have.
    On further notice It does. Thanks for the input. I think I will go for this one at such a discounted price. I did notice MDM Black is already on the MDM website so they must have moved faster than the February 2014 target date.