Code of Conduct

Question Guerlain HERITAGE - Eau de Parfum versus Eau de Toilette ?

My first question here is, has the eau de parfum been discontinued ?
    It used to be commonly available in perfumeries here in France as an alternative to the edt. Now it is hardly ever available......

Secondly, has this fragrance, (in edt/ edp format) been affected by reformulation ?

What are the differences between the edt and edp ?

Finally, how many basenoter's actually prefer Heritage to Derby ?

Thanks for your opinions !
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Default Re: Guerlain HERITAGE - Eau de Parfum versus Eau de Toilette ?

As far as I know the edp is not discontinued but just hard to come by with limited places selling it.

The edp has that dirty civet in the opening and is more thick and full bodied where the edt is lighter and more easy to wear. As a personal preference I prefer the vintage edt as it's more richer than the current one which feels slightly watered down in comparison. To me the vintage edt is the perfect formulation of Heritage.

Between Heritage and Derby I would go for Heritage, I like Derby but that green herbal spicy leather accord is not to my taste and feels a little dated.

David, the EdP is stocked by Marionnaud:

http://www.marionnaud.fr/Marionnaud/...p/BP_100123112

Personally I prefer the EdP as it possesses more depth. That buttery vanilla is rather addictive and I prefer the way it wears (it projects less than the EdT). That said, they aren't 1 million km apart.

I agree with Jack that Derby is a bit more dated/mature, but they are in the same ballpark really (not for kiddies). Derby is gruffer and stiffer whereas Heritage is warmer but still gentlemanly.

Thanks for your advice Jack and Marais.
    Does anyone know how to identify older stock of the edp, (box/ bottle design) etc. ?

I've owned the vintage edt & edp (both bottles completed ); now own the current edt formulation seen below - to my nose - this is one of the few guerlain's that hasn't been affected by reformulations - whatever was changed is extremely minimal imho. As for Derby vs Heritage - Derby wins by a mile for me...Ladies might prefer Heritage on us than derby though...

- - - Updated - - -

David - you might want to see this thread below - on the same subject...

http://www.basenotes.net/huddlerarchive/372877

I also saw the EDP in Duty Free shops when leaving Europe in July, so it's still available. Personally don't notice that much of a difference between the EDT & EDP in terms of smell, but the EDP lasts longer on my skin. I own and like both Heritage and Derby but don't prefer one over the other.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I love Heritage; my ranking: vintage EDP > vintage EDT > current EDP > current EDT
    The vintage flacons got a golden sprayer and cap.

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    I love Heritage; my ranking: vintage EDP > vintage EDT > current EDP > current EDT
    The vintage flacons got a golden sprayer and cap.
    Thanks so much for the info regarding the cap and sprayer ! / Vielen Dank !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Vielen Dank !!!!!
    De rien!

I agree with what Marais says with regards to the EDP. Go for that one David, as I think you will far more satisfied with that one than any of the EDT's. I was not that impressed with the older EDT even and just feel the EDP is much more enveloping and satisfying.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    I've owned the vintage edt & edp (both bottles completed ); now own the current edt formulation seen below - to my nose - this is one of the few guerlain's that hasn't been affected by reformulations - whatever was changed is extremely minimal imho. As for Derby vs Heritage - Derby wins by a mile for me...Ladies might prefer Heritage on us than derby though...

- - - Updated - - -

David - you might want to see this thread below - on the same subject...

http://www.basenotes.net/huddlerarchive/372877

The longevity between the current formulation(silver cap) and any older formulation(golden cap) is a big difference.
    Any older formulations longevity is at least 12 hours. The current formulation is a LOT less.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you will find this link an interesting read on Heritage:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/251732-Heritage-question?p=1829619&highlight=#post1829619
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---