Code of Conduct

Default Parfums de Marly Arabian Breed Series of Four EDP Now at Osswalds in NY!

Although, not yet listed on their website, the four new Parfums de Marly, Arabian Breed - Habdan, Hamdani, Oajan, & Kuyuhan are now available at Osswald's Parfumerie. They have limited stock of each one. Price is $275 for each. Another option for those who did not get them from First in Fragrance or Premiere Avenue abroad.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Parfums de Marly Arabian Breed Series of Four EDP Now at Osswalds in NY!

Thanks for the heads up on these. I am sure they are very good. I have noticed you and Dougczar have wore these in the past month or so. Do you have a favorite out of these four Black gems?

Default Re: Parfums de Marly Arabian Breed Series of Four EDP Now at Osswalds in NY!

I have only worn three out of the four so far. The fourth I haven't even gotten out of the packaging yet. Of the three I've worn, Oajan has taken first seat! However that might change as I get to the fourth!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Although, not yet listed on their website, the four new Parfums de Marly, Arabian Breed - Habdan, Hamdani, Oajan, & Kuyuhan are now available at Osswald's Parfumerie. They have limited stock of each one. Price is $275 for each. Another option for those who did not get them from First in Fragrance or Premiere Avenue abroad.
    Thanks for the info - Good to see US availability options.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on these. I am sure they are very good. I have noticed you and Dougczar have wore these in the past month or so. Do you have a favorite out of these four Black gems?
    Hey Mike - yeah, much like the rest of the PdM line, these new 4 are top notch. I loved 3 of them. One (Hamdani) wasn't quite my cup of tea - it had a little bit of an ashtray smell to it IMO, and my wife said it smelled like pot or something. I don't think so, but I can see the comparison. Nicely made, long lasting, but probably my least favorite of the 4.

The other 3 are all really nice.
    Most leather fragrances just don't do it for me, but Kuhuyan is very nice. Reminds me a little of Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur - a very smooth leather that isn't all leather or in your face.
    Habdan is a really nice fragrance too - the apple note brings to mind something like Ambré Baldessarini. Not to say they smell alike, but the apple note seems to be the same to me and reminds me of that scent, which I also like a lot.
    Oajan - I remember liking that one a lot, but other than a very pronounced cinnamon note, I don't remember much off the top of my head for some reason - I will need to give it another wearing again soon.

I would highly recommend giving these all a try for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Thanks for the info - Good to see US availability options.

Hey Mike - yeah, much like the rest of the PdM line, these new 4 are top notch. I loved 3 of them. One (Hamdani) wasn't quite my cup of tea - it had a little bit of an ashtray smell to it IMO, and my wife said it smelled like pot or something. I don't think so, but I can see the comparison. Nicely made, long lasting, but probably my least favorite of the 4.

The other 3 are all really nice.
    Most leather fragrances just don't do it for me, but Kuhuyan is very nice. Reminds me a little of Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur - a very smooth leather that isn't all leather or in your face.
    Habdan is a really nice fragrance too - the apple note brings to mind something like Ambré Baldessarini. Not to say they smell alike, but the apple note seems to be the same to me and reminds me of that scent, which I also like a lot.
    Oajan - I remember liking that one a lot, but other than a very pronounced cinnamon note, I don't remember much off the top of my head for some reason - I will need to give it another wearing again soon.

I would highly recommend giving these all a try for sure!
    Great reviews and I am very excited for you and hednic enjoying the Arabian series. It makes sense now that hednic gravitates to the Oajan the most as it has the pronounced cinnamon note. I in fact enjoy that note as well. So Oajan is a definite buy for me. Yes, please do reveal you findings after more wears.

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed Fragrancenet have raised their price around $100.00 on all their PDM stock from a few days ago. Pegasus could be had for about $138.00 now its $228.00 I wonder if they are about to receive Herod and perhaps the Arabian series and this has caused the price increase?

I just noticed Fragrancenet have raised their price around $100.00 on all their PDM stock from a few days ago. Pegasus could be had for about $138.00 now its $228.00 I wonder if they are about to receive Herod and perhaps the Arabian series and this has caused the price increase?
    I'd be very surprised if they were to receive the Arabian series this quickly as Osswalds just received them not too long ago and only two of each which at the time of this posting might be gone. However, you never know. What doesn't surprise me is that Fragrancenet raised their prices on the line across the board. (448)

Post Thanks / Like

Just like Hednic mentioned, I was not be surprised Fragrancenet raised the prices, especially the PdM scents since the quality is quite solid.

In the meantime, one can get most of the PdM scents, except the Arabian Breed series, from Universal Perfume and Cosmetics for $160 a bottle. It's an outstanding price and again I would not be surprised it the prices go up in a near future.

http://www.universalperfumesandcosme...r_name=pegasus

Post Thanks / Like

Capridog: Yes, Universal still has very good prices for the whole series I would think sometime next year the Arabian series will show up. I really want Oajan.
    Hednic: The quality is without question and the volume of 4.2oz's with such beautiful bottles. They were a real steal at the $140.00 mark.

Hednic: The quality is without question and the volume of 4.2oz's with such beautiful bottles. They were a real steal at the $140.00 mark.
    For sure considering that the retail is $275. At least some people got in on the low price while it lasted! (451)

Post Thanks / Like

For sure considering that the retail is $275. At least some people got in on the low price while it lasted! (451)
    Yes I'm glad I did. That was a big savings for the big bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    In the meantime, one can get most of the PdM scents, except the Arabian Breed series, from Universal Perfume and Cosmetics for $160 a bottle.
    Is that website legit? I haven't seen it mentioned on BN, and was hesitant

Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    Is that website legit? I haven't seen it mentioned on BN, and was hesitant
    Very legit. Have ordered many times from them without any incident. Took about 12 days to receive my packages from time they were shipped. (607)

Post Thanks / Like

Rouj - I bought from Universal Perfume and Cosmetics several times and did not have any problems.

Thanks to Mr. Hednic who introduced me that website a little while ago.

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

My experiences with them have all been good - it's a site that's mentioned here quite a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    My experiences with them have all been good - it's a site that's mentioned here quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Rouj - I bought from Universal Perfume and Cosmetics several times and did not have any problems.

Thanks to Mr. Hednic who introduced me that website a little while ago.
    Very legit. Have ordered many times from them without any incident. Took about 12 days to receive my packages from time they were shipped. (607)
    IPP, must have missed the discussion on their reliability, thank you all for your experiences with them.

I agree with Hednic, Oajan is my favorite from them. Habden smells remarkably like apple pie, and is a very nice scent as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Oajan will be my first foray into the Arabian series just on the notes I love.

Oajan will be my first foray into the Arabian series just on the notes I love.
    Good choice!

Post Thanks / Like

Kuhuyan one of the new Arabian series by PDM is now being offered at Universal Perfumes and Cosmetics for $219.00 quite a savings from some of the familiar places like Osswalds. Strange it is the only one being offered out off the four so far. But hopefully in the future all will become available at this very good discount.

Kuhuyan one of the new Arabian series by PDM is now being offered at Universal Perfumes and Cosmetics for $219.00 quite a savings from some of the familiar places like Osswalds. Strange it is the only one being offered out off the four so far. But hopefully in the future all will become available at this very good discount.
    That's about the same price as what it costs at First in Fragrance with VAT deducted, but probably a better option at $6.99 shipping unless you are spending more than 600 Euros to get free shipping at FIF.
    (942)

Post Thanks / Like

That's about the same price as what it costs at First in Fragrance with VAT deducted, but probably a better option at $6.99 shipping unless you are spending more than 600 Euros to get free shipping at FIF.
    (942)
    Yes Hednic your absolutely right I have been weighing up the $45.00 plus FIF charges shipping. I may do a bigger bulk purchase early next year to dispose of the shipping excesses that damages such good price points. Does Premier Avenue in France have a better shipping rate and do they sell Marly's?

Yes Hednic your absolutely right I have been weighing up the $45.00 plus FIF charges shipping. I may do a bigger bulk purchase early next year to dispose of the shipping excesses that damages such good price points. Does Premier Avenue in France have a better shipping rate and do they sell Marly's?
    Premiere Avenue has all four Arabian Breed Marlys. Their shipping rate
    is weight based to the US with Colissimo. It's not stated on their website but shipping seems to be free when a certain price threshold is met. That has been my experience. Don't know what it is though. They also suppress VAT.
    (943)

Post Thanks / Like

Premiere Avenue has all four Arabian Breed Marlys. Their shipping rate
    is weight based to the US with Colissimo. It's not stated on their website but shipping seems to be free when a certain price threshold is met. That has been my experience. Don't know what it is though. They also suppress VAT.
    (943)
    Thank again I will check this out also.

Osswads Parfumerie is supposed to get more stock of these in, in the next few days I have been told
    (1220)

Post Thanks / Like

Osswads Parfumerie is supposed to get more stock of these in, in the next few days I have been told
    (1220)
    Do they ever discount their stock or are they similar to Luckyscent and just provide good samples as their calling card?

Do they ever discount their stock or are they similar to Luckyscent and just provide good samples as their calling card?
    Have never known them to discount their stock.

(1221)

Post Thanks / Like

The past week I tested Habdan and Oajan more than ones, Oajan is very nice and reminds me a lot of Ambre Narguile, Habdan is very similar to Oajan in top notes but after ten minutes it goes in different direction, it's become more spicy and after 3-4 hours the dry down reminds me of Gucci Envy, I sold my bottle of Gucci Envy so I can't do any comparison, but Habdan is what I hoped Gucci Envy would be. Habdan is FBW. I'll buy a bottle God willing, so who wants my 1ml sample, I'll send it for free.
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu15 View Post
    The past week I tested Habdan and Oajan more than ones, Oajan is very nice and reminds me a lot of Ambre Narguile, Habdan is very similar to Oajan in top notes but after ten minutes it goes in different direction, it's become more spicy and after 3-4 hours the dry down reminds me of Gucci Envy, I sold my bottle of Gucci Envy so I can't do any comparison, but Habdan is what I hoped Gucci Envy would be. Habdan is FBW. I'll buy a bottle God willing, so who wants my 1ml sample, I'll send it for free.
    If you get a chance to try the other two in the series I think you will also like them. They are all well composed and quality scents IMO.
    (1622)

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu15 View Post
    If no one has claimed it, I would like to sample it.

They seem to be back in stock at Osswalds with the exception of Oajan.
    (1700)

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone describe how the 4 of the Arabian smells like?

Quote Originally Posted by coolink View Post
    Can someone describe how the 4 of the Arabian smells like?
    Perhaps this might help - taken from First in Fragrance:

Habdan - From the beginning, "Habdan" clearly shows its oriental character as beautiful frankincense rises up, refined with an almost fruity saffron. Like a still life, the heart paints a picture of freshly picked apples, precious woods and roses lying together which are carried by warm ambergris notes, delicious caramel and balsamic myrrh.

Hamdani -The treasures of the Orient are celebrated in the prelude where resinous, woody and balsamic notes of myrrh and Arabian frankincense emerge. The heart sets forth its adopted path with earthy-woody lignum vitae, aromatic honey and spicy clove reminiscent of the expensive spices of the caravans. The rich base is equipped with balsamic benzoin, fine leather notes, sandalwood, smoky notes and sweet-tangy storax.

Kuhuyan - In the prelude notes of fresh and green violet leaves romp with white blossoming nuances of jasmine. The centerpiece of the fragrance course consists of soft and fine leather notes joined by sweet-tart heliotrope. The olfactory base of "Kuhuyan" is cast from the legendary agarwood, which is also known as oud and presents a woody and spicy character. This is joined by pliable ambergris tones and a caramel-like tonka bean.

Oajan - In the opening of "Oajan" sharp, sparkling cinnamon competes with tangy honey and light, fruity osmanthus notes. Like a harmonic braid, the heart notes are intertwined: Balsamic benzoin, warm-spicy labdanum, ambergris and herb-sweet, almost plum-like davana notes in complete harmony. The base supports this wonderful scented character by contributing patchouly and soft musk. With vanilla and tonka bean the sweet temptations are once again envisaged and with "Oajan" epicureans are reminded of Oriental delicacies such as halva, and also almonds, marzipan and amaretto.

(3201)

Post Thanks / Like

Hum, Tks

Oajan looks interesting

Quote Originally Posted by coolink View Post
    Hum, Tks

Oajan looks interesting
    IMO it's the nicest of the four.
    (3204)

Post Thanks / Like

I've smelled all four several times, but only on paper strips in a shop. So I'm mostly familiar with the beginning stages of the development.

I bought Hamdani, being the most impressed with it. Hamdani is the most "Arabian" of the bunch, followed by Habdan. Hamdani is austere and dry, oudy and smoky and leathery. It opens up a little towards the end, but takes a very long time to do so. I quite like it.

Habdan smells "Arabian" as well, but contains some fruity notes and is a bit sweeter than Hamdani.

Kuhuyan is my least favorite of the bunch. It smells "nice", and is probably the most generic.

I like Oajan a lot and may get a bottle. It has a delightful cinnamon note in the beginning. I have reservations about the persistence of this note and how sweet and/or bland the vanilla drydown may be. I will try to test it on skin and see how it develops before buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post

I bought Hamdani, being the most impressed with it. Hamdani is the most "Arabian" of the bunch, followed by Habdan. Hamdani is austere and dry, oudy and smoky and leathery. It opens up a little towards the end, but takes a very long time to do so. I quite like it.
    At first I was the least enthused with this of the four but have gradually come to like it more and more and now I'd probably say they're all about equal in terms of wearing enjoyment.

(3354)